Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another non transfer rumours with maybe a rumour  (Read 4612 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:35:52 »

I'd kind of hoped that the club would be prepared to pay and invest in young talent. We have bought other players for 'undisclosed fees', not sure why UGM couldn't have been another. Unless they are keen to move Lavs on i guess.

Because we have lost the pot and are pissing on the floor now.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:39:56 »

Do you mean Cowley that the management team are not happy they have not got who they wanted in due to restrictions or you referring to just overall morale at the club?

Are there transfer restrictions in place (imposed on the club) or are you referring to the lack of funds?
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:40:21 »

Hasn't been since day1 unfortunately has it No

First season under Morfuni all was good at the club..

Since then a downward spiral

Moral, financial , on the pitch

Can see how much lower it will get
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:43:49 »

First season under Morfuni all was good at the club..

Since then a downward spiral

Moral, financial , on the pitch

Can see how much lower it will get

And why is that?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:50:46 »

The only rumbling I have heard is that Clem will not put any more money into the club and is enforcing that we work within our budgets.

It definitely looks like he is getting his people in to take charge now.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:51:38 »

Double edged sword.
A couple of us were talking about this on Saturday, massive town with poor support in comparison. I'm not saying everyone should attend the games but why can we only get 9k? The more support we had the better the coffers the better the budget. We often laugh at teams with 2-3000 gates but those sides are local to many more sides in and around Manchester there are plenty to choose from in the NW. Poor from the towns folk too.
If the town back the club the owner(s) will too

Too many plastic glory hunters judging by the amount of Prem shirts I see around town. Been like that for years though.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:52:07 »

The only rumbling I have heard is that Clem will not put any more money into the club and is enforcing that we work within our budgets.

Nothing wrong with that.

I imagine the whole Sandro, Morris and Brand sackings have cost a few quid too.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:55:20 »

Seems fair and has always been the aim.

However unless the clubs ups their income stream somehow that basically condemns us to league 2 for some time, which is just grim.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:03:20 »

As someone who has first hand dealings with people at the club and dealings in the transfer world...

All is not a bed of roses within....

Tell us more,    If you dare ……..

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:04:52 »

Quote from: Quagmire

which dickhead employed them in the first place? (I've no idea, I assume Angus but I've no idea)

moot anyway, has seemed like Clem has reached his limit or beyond since January.

Worrying imo.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:06:39 »

Too many plastic glory hunters judging by the amount of Prem shirts I see around town. Been like that for years though.

They're the ones you need to turn into Town fans, and believe me, they will turn if there is a half decent proposition available within the town.

I live in Swansea, grew up with Man U, Liverpool, Arse supporters because Swansea were shit - lower attendances than us. Fast forward to now and they all support Swansea, getting 17500 in the Championship. I know they have a new stadium, but they didn't splash the cash by any means to get to where they are now. Some clever management and running of the club would see those plastics turn for sure.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:08:39 »

Too many plastic glory hunters judging by the amount of Prem shirts I see around town. Been like that for yearsr though.

You're lucky to see plastic glory hunters whenever I go near Town its certainly not football supporters of any club that I see loitering around!

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:23:06 »

Cowley BS as per
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:25:10 »

I'd been told Godwin-Malife and Edwards were done, and they were waiting on Young to announce them all together. Who the hell knows at this point.

So it's 4.40pm What are you being told now Riddick?
The Edwards mentions on here go from hot to cold. No smoke without fire.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:27:37 »

Nothing wrong with that.

My (probably wrong) reading of the situation is that our budget has been affected by a number of (unforseen) factors.

* 'Tarting' up the CG to get the safety certificate. I think this was in the region of 200k?
* Pitch relay/work. From the bits and pieces shared on Twitter when it was being done there were quite a lot of things they were finding broken. (sprinklers etc) No idea how much relaying a pitch costs but it ain't cheap I imagine, even before having to fix other stuff pitch related.
* Compensation of management staff - Sandro, Morris and Brand. Other staff members compensation costs (a reasonable amount of staff movements have happened, not sure if mutual or done via redundancy)

These are probably the main ones and whilst there is also the saving of the rent (was it 500k?) You would think that the above costs would probably be more than the saving?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: