Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 96   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 112170 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:15:17 »

Flynn would be about as bad a fit with this squad as you could imagine. Perhaps that's not a bad thing.

Wasn’t he the one that turned Twine into a footballer?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:15:41 »

Artell please. Get him in ASAP.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:16:04 »

Wasn’t he the one that turned Twine into a footballer?
Being played regularly probably did that.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:17:03 »

Given we aren't going to be big spenders as-is, think Garrard as an appointment makes the most sense. Gets more out of players than their ability usually suggests and makes his team's hard to beat. Pretty dull football but it's a results based business.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:21:13 »

So anyone coming in now (apart from those still here) will not have a clue regarding the squad, players thrmselves will be looking around at where they stand, all in all total bloody shambles.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:21:50 »

are we Watford?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:21:54 »

Given we aren't going to be big spenders as-is, think Garrard as an appointment makes the most sense. Gets more out of players than their ability usually suggests and makes his team's hard to beat. Pretty dull football but it's a results based business.
I think he managed a decent cup run or 2 as well.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:25:20 »

I would actually rather we do take some time now - it's the one occasion in recent history where that would be the right course of action instead of taking time when there was no need to.

Instead, sort the fucking clubs operational and footballing structures out.  Determine what will and what won't be invested in off the pitch, work out the plan in terms of what type of squad and budget we will be using etc.

Then recruit someone that fits, but who will be backed to deliver that, and not have their hands tied by someone else having recruited and sold everyone.

I still don't have a problem with the "Model" - just work out what that really means and back it properly and with a healthy dose of short term pragmatism.  Don't put a nobody in charge of Football Ops, don't add a Manager with no experience of first team management (or nobody they can lean on with it), don't say we are investing in youth and literally just buy young players with no actual investment in the supporting infrastructure planned.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:25:30 »

I wouldn't be against given Garrard his league start as both a player and manager. Only problem is we'll be needing to pay compo, which doesn't seem overly realistic given our lack of pot to piss in.
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:33:50 »

Woy when he leaves Palace
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:40:51 »

Appleton for me.

Whoever it is could we make it before mid July please.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:41:22 »

Woy when he leaves Palace

See, we won't be able to get someone like him, but a lower level version is precisely who I'd be looking at for the Head of Football Ops role if we want to keep that.  Someone with experience but no longer wanting the stress of Managing.  Someone who can guide a less experienced Head Coach if need be, but also knows what is needed behind the scenes to set the club up for success.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:44:35 »

Should have been him before. Go and get him.

Agreed!

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:44:58 »

See, we won't be able to get someone like him, but a lower level version is precisely who I'd be looking at for the Head of Football Ops role if we want to keep that.  Someone with experience but no longer wanting the stress of Managing.  Someone who can guide a less experienced Head Coach if need be, but also knows what is needed behind the scenes to set the club up for success.

Someone like Paul Jewell would be perfect  Cheesy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 16:45:28 »

There’s a couple of clubs at our level looking - Tranmere, Walsall. Anyone off of the previous list would be unlikely, surely.

Crewe fans reckon any new club for Artell would have to accept a season or 2 floundering in mid table before he produced. If that’s true, that’s him out.

Presuming the ‘model’ has also been ditched.

I’d go for Darrell Clarke.

Good shout

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 96   Go Up
Print
Jump to: