Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 105   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 126955 times)
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 17:56:54 »

Bet you buzzing to see the manager sacked so you could get back involved and push forward the cowleys again

A man has lost his job but I think it's good that a mistake is rectified sooner rather than later.
I'm busy arguing the case for the Cowleys on four different message-boards and am surprised how unpopular they are with some people.
I do think David Artell would be a very good fit for Swindon Town; maybe it's the railway connection. But as someone mentioned earlier in this thread it took Artell a couple of years before the fruits of his labours were seen. I fear there might not be the patience at board or supporter level if that timescale is repeated.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 17:59:34 »

Interesting that he's been to a fair few of our games this season in the directors box  Hmmm

He likes a cornish pasty and a pint of Arkells i heard
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:02:06 »

Interesting that he's been to a fair few of our games this season in the directors box  Hmmm

Well I don't know the South West or South coast and I'm not sure you'd regard yourselves as South-West. But both brothers' families are settled in Portsmouth I believe so that might give Swindon an advantage over Donny, Mansfield or Walsall.
Google tells me the journey from Portsmouth to Swindon is about an hour and an half which is just about doable I'd hope.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:03:59 »

Well I don't know the South West or South coast and I'm not sure you'd regard yourselves as South-West. But both brothers' families are settled in Portsmouth I believe so that might give Swindon an advantage over Donny, Mansfield or Walsall.
Google tells me the journey from Portsmouth to Swindon is about an hour and an half which is just about doable I'd hope.

The late Alan Mac used to commute from Swindon to Pompey daily.

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:04:33 »

A man has lost his job but I think it's good that a mistake is rectified sooner rather than later.
I'm busy arguing the case for the Cowleys on four different message-boards and am surprised how unpopular they are with some people.
I do think David Artell would be a very good fit for Swindon Town; maybe it's the railway connection. But as someone mentioned earlier in this thread it took Artell a couple of years before the fruits of his labours were seen. I fear there might not be the patience at board or supporter level if that timescale is repeated.

You sound busy. What's your commission?
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:07:26 »

You sound busy. What's your commission?

Very uncertain! I lost a great deal of money backing Pompey ante-post the last two seasons. But my faith in the brothers is only very slightly dimmed.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:10:38 »

To be fair Dan Cowley has a pretty decent % win rate

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:12:17 »

Perhaps we could reappoint McGreal, he could give us the money he had back and put it into the transfer budget Cheesy
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:24:24 »

Right decision re Morris I think. He didn't really improve any of the players or make any demonstrable tactical improvements during his tenure.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:28:00 »

The thought of Artell/Cowley etc fills me with dread. May as well go the whole hog and approach Steve Evans.

Fucking dismal state of affairs at this club.
DMC

« Reply #70 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:31:47 »

Who would you go for Mooneyraker?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:36:29 »

I Wonder if Marc Bircham's name will be heavily linked again.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:41:33 »

My DNA’s at Pompey Uni and over the years it’s been on my various sales areas. Allow two hours
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:42:47 »

Who would you go for Mooneyraker?

I was 'content' with Morris and Brand. Wanted to see what they could do in pre-season free of Sandro's clown shoe on their neck.

Honestly I have no idea. Any manager worth their salt will be straight on the blower to Morris to find out what happened.

Artell has a 33% win ratio at Crewe. He got promoted in a shortened season and always came across as a total goon.

The Cowleys play god awful shite and have failed twice recently.

Appleton... just no.

Frankly I'd rather have a Danny Wilson type. Just an old school, low drama smooth operator who has a pragmatic approach rather than some pompous set in stone 'style'. I don't mean Danny Wilson but you catch my drift hopefully.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 18:44:01 »

Who is a modern day Danny Wilson type, Kenny Jackett or something?  There aren't actually that many managers on the merry go round these days, people tend to get a couple of jobs and if no luck there, that's them done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 105   Go Up
Print
Jump to: