Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris gone  (Read 27902 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:33:57 »

Surely Duncan Ferguson is going to be available soon?

Duncan Ferguson
DF
DoF

Blatant.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:35:35 »

The role is Technical Director, so hopefully that rules him out.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:48:12 »

Not Clarke, mentally unstable but with the right DoF may work.
Artell would be my prefered choice of those linked so far as he has had nearly 5 seasons and played some good football but is also intelligent.

That's a sweeping statement about a Clarke based on one incident. Clarke's not been sent off as a manager ever before or since. Artell has been fined and sent off for his touchline behaviour multiple times. Just because it wasn't in games you were watching doesn't make him the more stable of the two.

..never go back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:50:23 »

The role is Technical Director, so hopefully that rules him out.

Tony Daley it is.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:04:37 »

That's a sweeping statement about a Clarke based on one incident. Clarke's not been sent off as a manager ever before or since. Artell has been fined and sent off for his touchline behaviour multiple times. Just because it wasn't in games you were watching doesn't make him the more stable of the two.

I imagine he has something in common with many Town fans last season in wanting to land one on Conroy, albeit FWIW after all the fuss of this time last year PV seem to be on a par with Oxford in some fans vitriol so would they accept a PV cast off!

I know the below mis from Wiki, but it would at least make a nice change.

Clarke is flexible with his formations and is open to different styles of playing rather than sticking to a rigid philosophy, believing that "adaptability is key". He does though have a preference for playing with two strikers. He is known for his intense training sessions and for producing extremely detailed reports on opposition teams. At Bristol Rovers his team played an attacking, passing style and scored an average of close to two goals per game. A motivational manager, he sees a happy dressing room as an essential part of a winning team and has been described as having a bubbly and infectious personality, though has been quoted as saying "I'm not a cuddling manager... soft players don't win you promotions". His personality traits make him an energetic, passionate and frank manager. He prefers to maintain a big squad of players and to regularly rotate his starting line-ups.

"I didn't want to take a job where success was staying in the division... I like promotions. I like that feeling of working towards a goal. — Clarke talking about his motivations, January 2020.

Albeit there are the Keith Lairdesque rumours that would possibly concern many?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:20:16 »

Surely Duncan Ferguson is going to be available soon?

Be interesting to see how he and FGR do next season (if he’s still there) whether he’s just a garbage manager or whether he was on a hiding to nothing when he took over.
His record makes Morris look like Mourinho.
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:23:40 »

I like Artell but he needed a long time to put his stamp on the Crewe squad; time he'd be unlikely to get at any League Two club now. The more I've thought about it the more I think Rochdale would be the perfect next job for him.

Clarke has a good record at League Two level, having gained promotion at two of the three clubs he's managed there.

But, and I know you don't agree, I think Danny Cowley is the outstanding candidate. I'd envisage a really enjoyable and successful 2023-24 season for Swindon Town with him in charge.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:23:49 »

His record makes Morris look like Mourinho.

Has he really only won 1 in 17 as per wiki. Ouch!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:28:11 »

I'd personally go for Luke Garrard who has done a fantastic job at Boreham Wood.
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:28:30 »

Has he really only won 1 in 17 as per wiki. Ouch!

He certainly has. I should know as I backed Wednesday to beat them that day when he won his only match in charge. Not my best bet.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:30:44 »

But, and I know you don't agree, I think Danny Cowley is the outstanding candidate. I'd envisage a really enjoyable and successful 2023-24 season for Swindon Town with him in charge.
I will support whoever comes in until they give me reason to not support them, I had no clamour to remove Lindsey or Morris but accept that both had their time up with us in the end.

No doubt the Cowleys could be successful, certainly in this league but I personally don't enjoy their style of football. Yes his win rate is impressive at all clubs (baring Huddersfield and Pompey where it was ok at best).

I watched Pompey play a couple of times under him with a mate of mine who goes to almost all Pompey games and he hated the style, but Pompey fans demand attractive yet gritty football rather than just gritty which was what he served up.

If he is appointed I will give him time to impress me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:32:01 »

I'd personally go for Luke Garrard who has done a fantastic job at Boreham Wood.
Under contract and in the play offs, he would demand a fair sized fee, something I doubt Clem would go for, certainly currently. But saying that he only has a win ratio of 36% there.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:32:36 »

I watched Pompey play a couple of times under him with a mate of mine who goes to almost all Pompey games and he hated the style, but Pompey fans demand attractive yet gritty football rather than just gritty which was what he served up.

We're too big for League 2. Get out of this league at all costs for me. I'm fed up of the 'we have to play attractive football,' at the detriment of our success.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:36:30 »

Tony Daley it is.

Tommy Docherty is dead right?

..never go back.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:45:34 »

We're too big for League 2. Get out of this league at all costs for me. I'm fed up of the 'we have to play attractive football,' at the detriment of our success.
As I stated above I want a mix, a manager who will play a tactic to beat the opposition not to just stick to 1 style of play where you become too easy to read.

We need a flexible manager who can adapt a formation and not just stick to long ball or tippy tappy football. Dare I say it more like Steve Evans has done at Stevenage this season.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: