Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem'll Fix It  (Read 26404 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 11:19:00 »

Aren't we required to start work within that time frame or the council can buy the ground back?

No mention of that in the interview. 4.17 for timescale

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 11:31:50 »

Aren't we required to start work within that time frame or the council can buy the ground back?

a redevelopment project of more than £1 million in costs has to be commenced within the first 3 years. If that doesn't happen the council can buy the ground back.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 11:34:49 »

yeah my bad, started within 3 years not 1 year.

they gives better wiggle room
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 11:51:31 »

I cannot for one minute believe the Council would ever want to buy the ground back, regardless of what may be in the contract.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 12:08:04 »

I'd hold off spending a bean on it until it can be done properly. We aren't going to be knocking the Arkells down anytime soon, so better to spend a bit of cash in there fixing the horror-show toilets and improving the concourse etc. It makes me laugh that we are owned by a plumber but the taps in the Arkells toilets have been broken for at least 30 years!
Would agree. The Stratton bank terracing isn’t designed for seats so view isn’t what it should be, the state of the existing terracing from a concrete structural perspective can’t be great either. Then with the lack of facilities and adding a roof that will likely have pillars it’s just going to be a turd polishing exercise and look a bit shit. It’ll be a waste of real estate as well, building a proper stand gives you room underneath for a concourse and other facilities and therefore won’t need toilet blocks put in corners and what not. If we just whack a roof on it then chances are it’ll be required to be done again properly in the not to distant future so just ends up a waste of money.

As for the residential element, it just sounds like a bad idea for so many reasons. If we were to chuck apartments into corners or built into stands you just know it will end up restricting ground operations. We’ll end up with people moaning about noise and knowing the council and government bodies end up with a curfew on the ground and having to minimise the impact of match days. It just sounds like a whole load of hassle. That’s before you consider any added attraction the idea of a residential development may have on unscrupulous ‘investors’.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 12:08:11 »

If the club are suddenly finding out sticking a roof on the bank and a bit of minor works won't make it viable to open then that doesn't surprise me to be honest. The side corner of the Bank and DRS is an absolute state.

Executive boxes in the DRS should probably be prioritised anyway as that'll bring in extra revenue, providing it isn't going to mean the DRS is completely out of use for a lot of season time of course. I don't know if its too unrealistic to expect that sort of work to be completed in a summer.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 12:19:19 »

Executive boxes in the DRS should probably be prioritised anyway as that'll bring in extra revenue, providing it isn't going to mean the DRS is completely out of use for a lot of season time of course. I don't know if its too unrealistic to expect that sort of work to be completed in a summer.

Could be done fairly quickly if the suitable groundworks were done when the stand was built, so if there is sufficient power to the second concourse and provision in place for services in and out plus the necessary stairwells etc.

In terms of the boxes themselves not sure how many are planned, but beyond taking out the seats and concrete terrace in front, installation of glazed openings, suspended ceilings, stud walls carpets finishes etc plus bar areas etc, all easily done quickly if you have contractor capacity. Probably depend as much as anything how the structure was originally designed to achieve all the above, if plans were drawn up but not executed its a question of mobilisation.

Potentially the main issue could be whether they have been selling seasons tickets in the affected rows, next area of outrage incoming?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 12:34:18 »

Yes, good to have a canary in the coalmine in the form of the Eady Trust.

On that note, do we know if the £2.4m or whatever it was was the full amount left to the club by Nigel? I know a good amount obviously went to the Community club too. I had heard a rumour that the Eady Trust had been extremely well managed and that the legacy had grown significantly as a result.

Just bumping this. Anyone ITK?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 14:03:18 »

Potentially the main issue could be whether they have been selling seasons tickets in the affected rows, next area of outrage incoming?

Presumably first works won't be until next summer at the earliest (possibly even summer of 25?). You'd have to give some sort of priority window to those effected to pick new seats. 
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 18:20:44 »

Just bumping this. Anyone ITK?

Nobody knew how much was originally left (except for the Eady foundation who have shown that they are an organisation who takes the responsibilty very seriously) so the liklehood of anyone knowing what the original figure has grown to is pretty slim I would say.

We should just be greatful for what we have already received and if anything else comes of it then be thankful again, but not dwell on it..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 18:32:28 »

Nobody knew how much was originally left (except for the Eady foundation who have shown that they are an organisation who takes the responsibilty very seriously) so the liklehood of anyone knowing what the original figure has grown to is pretty slim I would say.

We should just be greatful for what we have already received and if anything else comes of it then be thankful again, but not dwell on it..

100%

I just wondered if there was anything in the pot to start the ground development.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 18:40:28 »

100%

I just wondered if there was anything in the pot to start the ground development.

I guess if there is, the Eady foundation will step forward as and when they see a suitable cause that Sir Nigel’s hard earned cash should go into.

I hope Nigel’s name is remembered ahead of any owner or player for Swindon Town FC for the completely selfless legacy that he has created for himself, without having any motivation to do so.  The bloke should be at the top of all Swindon Town’s legend lists..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 18:54:33 »

I guess if there is, the Eady foundation will step forward as and when they see a suitable cause that Sir Nigel’s hard earned cash should go into.

I hope Nigel’s name is remembered ahead of any owner or player for Swindon Town FC for the completely selfless legacy that he has created for himself, without having any motivation to do so.  The bloke should be at the top of all Swindon Town’s legend lists..

Agreed.

Easy to overlook the generosity of Goddards too, well before any of our time. Good philanthropic stuff and their lawyers were clearly no mugs either, or the County Ground would have become a Tesco many moons ago.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 20:10:44 »

the Eady estate also contributed towards foundation park and the new foundation dome pitches.

football has done very well from Mr Eady's generosity.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 23:02:57 »

Thinking slightly shorter term, in the last AB minutes it stated that we passed the ground's safety inspection but with the caveat that we would invest in certain areas. The emergency generator was one thing and I also heard that we had to reduce capacity to 70% of the ground which I think was down to the Stratton Bank basically being 'condemned'. I know the options for the SB are either to chuck a roof on it or completely redevelop it, but given the awful facilities and the fact it can't be used, what do people think we should do with it?

It sounds like we can't just stick a roof on it as that won't make it usable and therefore we might have to think about doing something properly with it?

You can’t polish a turd as they say. Anything less that a demolition job of SB and a complete rebuild would be ridiculous and a waste of money. To even think that sticking a roof on it suddenly makes it a credible stand in this day and age is laughable.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: