Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem'll Fix It  (Read 26437 times)
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 02:43:21 »

RT

Simply put... lots more questions than answers on show.
Currently in New Zealand there many well established Building Development company's being put in receivership or liquidated. Have been told its a similar situation in the Australian market.

Big developments in SE Asian and the Middle East. However, money is tight here.

We are in similar markets as is Clem Morfuni's Axis company and trust me, currently its not all beer and skittles. Far from it.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 07:59:04 »

hmmmm. that's phrased like housing with the promise of players houses to justify it .

where are they putting it, the county ground car park!
players' houses...

a bit like the most prestigious youth academy in Europe, ie Barcelona's  La Masia?

we should be laughing at Wrexham's C-lister owners.

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 08:39:52 »

How you guys turn something positive and engaging into complaining about everything is incredible, well done.
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 10:10:52 »

Grumpy men shout at the clouds meme
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 10:13:35 »

I liked the Sports Bar, Micro Brewery and Live Music Venue ideas. They could all combine quite well in a redeveloped Town End.

Micro Brewery with a tap room and Sports Bar next to it doubling up as a live venue would be good. Bristol City seem to have made the Sports Bar work at Ashton Gate.

Problem might be getting people out of the brewery or bar if our home performances don't improve.

I'm in agreement with this and how I completed the survey.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 10:14:58 »

Has anyone had their trust questionnaire?

Why is it mentioning residential properties?

Should I have received something? Can't see one and I usually get two copies of every trust email!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 10:17:53 »

Should I have received something? Can't see one and I usually get two copies of every trust email!

I got mine yesterday - assume you've checked junk etc? (email, not your arse)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 11:46:45 »

Have we looked unfit all season?

unequivocally
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:17:40 »

We looked fitter in the Bradford game than any other game this season for sure.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:20:16 »

unequivocally

Cracking word and one that should come up in the word search thread!

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:37:10 »

How you guys turn something positive and engaging into complaining about everything is incredible, well done.

I am not against any development that helps support the ground improvement.  I think gauging public opinion is a good thing.

I just think it's a bit late, if we hope to get moving any time soon.  If you want housing, regardless of type, it is going to take a couple of years.  That should have been in the works well before the deal was signed.  You can apply for Planning Permission without ownership.  In this case the Goddard Estate need negotiating with as well.

What I would want to see is the next couple of years already planned out and ready to be financed by now.  The club cannot plan on increased revenue without a realistic way of delivering it.  The attendances of the past year are not a million miles off of our peak, even for L1.  The revenue has to come from something else.  There is a lot of work to do.  Take those Exec boxes, not only do we need to get some sort of consent, we need to finance it, find a contractor, do the work, but also recruit a team to run them.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:45:23 »

I am not against any development that helps support the ground improvement.  I think gauging public opinion is a good thing.

I just think it's a bit late, if we hope to get moving any time soon.  If you want housing, regardless of type, it is going to take a couple of years.  That should have been in the works well before the deal was signed.  You can apply for Planning Permission without ownership.  In this case the Goddard Estate need negotiating with as well.

What I would want to see is the next couple of years already planned out and ready to be financed by now.  The club cannot plan on increased revenue without a realistic way of delivering it.  The attendances of the past year are not a million miles off of our peak, even for L1.  The revenue has to come from something else.  There is a lot of work to do.  Take those Exec boxes, not only do we need to get some sort of consent, we need to finance it, find a contractor, do the work, but also recruit a team to run them.

Agreed, it rather exposes the myth that this year the focus has been 'off the field' and the stadium. Seems like we are still at square one other than getting the 'oven ready' stadium purchase deal over the line.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 14:03:00 »

While ideally the club would have this all planned out, they have said on numerous times that this isn't the case and have managed expectations.

The amount of time/work the deal has taken to get over the line can't be underestimated.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 14:17:53 »

But they can still put in place any relevant planning application, and have a bit more of a vision that a questionnaire sent out via the Trust.

It all seems pie in the sky. Formerly Drummer Boy and myself have joked in the past about how we would develop the ground which is a bit of harmless fun...it doesn't even feel like the club are any further forward than a fag packet in terms of what the complete plan is. Although the Artists Impression of what the Stadia might look like is nice, there doesn't really appear to be end decent emphasis on what the start or middle will look like.

It's as if the ThinkTank thought it but now they have no idea what to do next. Perhaps the owners will be asking for chartered surveyors and draughtspersons to volunteer their professional time gratis, maybe in lieu of some perishing Kingswood shirts and an unopened batch of 'I <3 Power' bumper stickers... Hmmm

Cue Trust Member vehemently defending the club and berating anyone questioning that the club might be owned by people who haven't got a fucking clue.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 14:30:25 »

Cue Trust Member vehemently defending the club and berating anyone questioning that the club might be owned by people who haven't got a fucking clue.

ClEm SAveD tHE cLUb! bE GrATEfuL yOU cAn SpENd £400 tO WAtcH uS lOSe tO HarRogATe
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: