Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem'll Fix It  (Read 27404 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:53:01 »

Quote from: The Million Pound Man
When looking to takeover Clem was making zoom calls in cars at airports. Where there's a will there's a way, in 2023 if he wanted to communicate with the fans he would.

I think this is a massive thing :

on one hand April is very early for next season's planning. There may not be a lot to say.

on the other, after this season if you want to sell season tickets you need to start talking and doing. And yes as 'owner' he's got a big part to play in that.

I'm kind of hoping there are changes coming to recruitment they can't yet announce beyond Robs fluffy words.

[dad joke]
Clem should be renamed to Clam
[/dad joke]

ps. I don't feel Clem himself is malevolent at all, but if he's truly in charge there is work to be done with the fans.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:54:40 »

I thought someone posted a few weeks ago there was an imminent big announcement expected!

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 10:03:52 »

Only ones that i have heard but seem quite significant for me, we initially agreed the whole secondment thing with Brand but he insisted on it being a perm. He has requested certain areas of the club be changed so the club have invested in the gym area down the bottom being renovated to how he wants it. Also doesn't want to work with the medical team it seems and you will notice they are not on the bench anymore either. Even on his arrival the club said that he was the one who wanted Kajid and he wasn't the clubs first choice

Think for me that we kind of as fans need to seperate it a bit if that makes sense. The clusterfuck off the pitch needs sorting now but i think some of the shit we have seen over the last few months he has to accept some blame for it

Interesting. Hadn't clocked the medical thing.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 10:17:29 »

Isnt the medical, fitness thing all tied in with Kiely??
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 12:58:32 »

He may have reason to be... What did Sandro promise him? We just don't know what is going on because Clem has gone AWOL, the bloke he left to oversee the club in his absence has been relegated to 'matchday guest' and the CEO is in over his head with a skeleton staff who are all learning on the job. Chaos reigns. Roll up and buy your season tickets!

Morris has good reason to be miserable. 3 wins in 15 games for starters.
It’s all well and good painting the club as the bad guys about what *they* promised him…but…what about what *he* promised *them*

I mean sure we all know things haven’t been run great behind the scenes but is it entirely possible that right now the club aren’t exactly sold on a manager with a 20% win rate? …and that doesn’t even tap into the ‘lost the dressing room’ & ‘lack of man management skills’ rumours that have flown around.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 13:28:22 »

we are sleepwalking to the NL.   fair play to robinzzzzzz as he was the only one who didn't have good things to say about the owner
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 13:33:20 »

Interesting. Hadn't clocked the medical thing.
To be fair to Morris it’s clearly something that needed to be doing. Our players have looked unfit all season which will be a factor in some of the injuries and we were undercooked from day 1 as preseason was a farce. Also with all due respect when you have a head of strength and conditioning who is as unfit and overweight as McFarlane is it isn’t a great look.

On subject of budgets I keep seeing people say it’s early to be planning for next season, just to point out it’s less than 2 months until preseason training starts and just over 3 months until the first game, it’s not actually that far away.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 13:36:17 »

When are we expecting to see next seasons kits🤔

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 13:41:11 »

To be fair to Morris it’s clearly something that needed to be doing. Our players have looked unfit all season which will be a factor in some of the injuries and we were undercooked from day 1 as preseason was a farce. Also with all due respect when you have a head of strength and conditioning who is as unfit and overweight as McFarlane is it isn’t a great look.

On subject of budgets I keep seeing people say it’s early to be planning for next season, just to point out it’s less than 2 months until preseason training starts and just over 3 months until the first game, it’s not actually that far away.

It’s far away in the sense that people won’t do their retained / released lists till the end of the season.
A lot of players won’t make decisions on their future till they are free agents in July.

Have we looked unfit all season? Morris mentioned it once and now everyone keeps banging that drum. I don’t remember it being a main topic of discussion before Morris said it.
Don’t think any of us attended pre-season training did we? To know how good / bad it was.

If anything we are picking up more injuries and collapsing in the latter stages of games more under Morris.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 13:45:02 »

I did wonder how we could have a fitness guy that was rather a large chap, makes it look like maybe he didn't follow that he teached, and how could the players buy into what he was telling them.

You would expect there to have been conversations already, if Morris believes that changes are needed then he needs to have that conversation and they need to decide what is affordable, it may also hinge on Sandro's future and how much involvement he is to have in future on recruitment, clearly January recruitment was decided by Sandro so he clearly likes the idea of bringing players in himself, and Morris may have decided he does not want him interfering.

Players futures don't very often get sorted until the end of the season when the manager tells the players who he will offer a new deal to, who's contract wont be renewed, and those that are free to spend the summer finding another club as they are not seen as being good enough (See Adeloye)

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 13:45:07 »

Early in the season there was a fair critique of the fitness and 'playing fatigued'.

one could ask if rushing players back had been a bad idea Uber Morris. No idea if that's the fitness guys or Morris doing
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 13:47:34 »

It’s far away in the sense that people won’t do their retained / released lists till the end of the season.
A lot of players won’t make decisions on their future till they are free agents in July.

Have we looked unfit all season? Morris mentioned it once and now everyone keeps banging that drum. I don’t remember it being a main topic of discussion before Morris said it.
Don’t think any of us attended pre-season training did we? To know how good / bad it was.

If anything we are picking up more injuries and collapsing in the latter stages of games more under Morris.

I’ve said we looked unfit all season, be were undercooked at the start of the season and in the last 10 minutes have always looked to be running on empty which is borne out by the shear number of late goals we’ve conceded. Also with so many injuries the fitness side of things will be a factor especially now if the players are suddenly doing more work than their bodies have previously been conditioned for.

The retained lists are just the formal arrangements, a lot of players will know where they will be next season and most clubs will already be talking with targets. If we genuinely haven’t really discussed next season yet then we will be massively behind the curve.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 15:51:30 »

Has anyone had their trust questionnaire?

Why is it mentioning residential properties?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 15:57:41 »

not seen tans. shrivvy road?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 16:06:15 »

How do you feel about the idea of some element of residential development being introduced to house players and help the club generate income and support further improvements?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: