Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem'll Fix It  (Read 27431 times)
DMC

« Reply #180 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 08:20:11 »

https://twitter.com/BBCWiltshire/status/1649639346394259458?t=IN5v2BeMhF6GFVesybjwKQ&s=19

I know this was posted elsewhere but thought it warranted a conversation.

I’m starting to think Clem might be trying to sell up. Had a roll of the dice with Austin/Morris, got the stadium and now wants out.
Morris is a miserable bastard isn't he
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 08:26:36 »

He may have reason to be... What did Sandro promise him? We just don't know what is going on because Clem has gone AWOL, the bloke he left to oversee the club in his absence has been relegated to 'matchday guest' and the CEO is in over his head with a skeleton staff who are all learning on the job. Chaos reigns. Roll up and buy your season tickets!
DMC

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 08:29:59 »

That's a lot of of assumptions though. To be fair he was a miserable bastard after day 1. There will always be 2 sides though i suppose as much as the club have royally fucked up this season he has got what he has wanted it seems everytime he has asked
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 08:31:37 »

What assumptions have I made? I’ve asked a question and stated some facts.

He was miserable from day 1 because we fucked up deadline day, didn’t get his players in and spent weeks pissing about with his assistant. Fairly valid reasons to me.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 08:48:51 »

To play devil's avocado for a moment, Clem could well be on his limit for days spent in the UK before he gets whacked with a tax bill. Nothing to stop him doing a fans phone in or video call though.
DMC

« Reply #185 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 08:50:54 »

What assumptions have I made? I’ve asked a question and stated some facts.

He was miserable from day 1 because we fucked up deadline day, didn’t get his players in and spent weeks pissing about with his assistant. Fairly valid reasons to me.
Just seems you have decided that is the reason Morris comes across a miserable fucker. He might just be a miserable fucker. What players did he want to bring in on deadline day and what were the reasons the Brand deal took so long?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 08:58:22 »

Just seems you have decided that is the reason Morris comes across a miserable fucker. He might just be a miserable fucker. What players did he want to bring in on deadline day and what were the reasons the Brand deal took so long?

Malachi Fagan-Walcott and Kadji was a second choice because we missed out on someone else.

No idea why the Brand deal took so long but it doesn't happen to anyone else.

There was also a suggestion that the Morris deal took a long time to get over the line leaving him no chance to properly influence the window.

I literally said he 'may' have reason to be a miserable bastard. He's no mug and is media savvy. He knows what he is doing.

The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:00:23 »

When looking to takeover Clem was making zoom calls in cars at airports. Where there's a will there's a way, in 2023 if he wanted to communicate with the fans he would.
DMC

« Reply #188 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:04:57 »

Malachi Fagan-Walcott and Kadji was a second choice because we missed out on someone else.

No idea why the Brand deal took so long but it doesn't happen to anyone else.

There was also a suggestion that the Morris deal took a long time to get over the line leaving him no chance to properly influence the window.

I literally said he 'may' have reason to be a miserable bastard. He's no mug and is media savvy. He knows what he is doing.

Ok mate i am not disagreeing i am saying it's a few assumptions which it is , The spurs lad we wanted no matter who was in charge. As i said there are loads of reasons to be annoyed with the club but for me Morris being in a mood is the least reason to be.. In my opinion Clem and Rob have bent over backwards for him already and allowed him to make the changes he wants
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:08:59 »

No worries! I'm just quibbling with you use of the word assumptions when I've posed questions Cheesy

What changes have Clem and Aberdeen allowed him to make out of interest? Other than seemingly being allowed to conduct interviews on the khazi.

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:25:15 »

The natural state of most Town fans!

I honestly don’t know… a feeling I guess. Something is off. And those ITK/journos saying changes were afoot.

While in the long run, I'm sure Clem would be keen to sell the club.

What benefit is he going to get from selling it now? He has put c£7m into the club, he isn't going to make any kind of return in league 2 on that investment.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:32:19 »

Sometimes people cut their losses. See Andrew Black.

I’m not ‘ITK’ but it does seem like a zombie administration at the moment with loyal Aberdeen prepared to go down at the helm whilst everyone else hides themselves amongst the women and children on the life rafts.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:36:58 by Mooneyraker » Logged
DMC

« Reply #192 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:36:45 »

No worries! I'm just quibbling with you use of the word assumptions when I've posed questions Cheesy

What changes have Clem and Aberdeen allowed him to make out of interest? Other than seemingly being allowed to conduct interviews on the khazi.

Only ones that i have heard but seem quite significant for me, we initially agreed the whole secondment thing with Brand but he insisted on it being a perm. He has requested certain areas of the club be changed so the club have invested in the gym area down the bottom being renovated to how he wants it. Also doesn't want to work with the medical team it seems and you will notice they are not on the bench anymore either. Even on his arrival the club said that he was the one who wanted Kajid and he wasn't the clubs first choice

Think for me that we kind of as fans need to seperate it a bit if that makes sense. The clusterfuck off the pitch needs sorting now but i think some of the shit we have seen over the last few months he has to accept some blame for it
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:46:27 »

He'd fit in well round here for sure.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:49:09 »

He's miserable but haven't seen him angry in any of his interviews yet.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: