Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem'll Fix It  (Read 27463 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:37:29 »

Probably said this before but i definitely prefer traditional set up, mainly because you know exactly where the buck stops.

Same as Clap

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:43:14 »

Do we need one? I'm sure Morris and Brand are happy enough to identify players themselves and if they need help perhaps they can appoint a chief scout themselves rather than the club telling them who to work with.

I find TD/DofF roles with a Head Coach set up can be square pegs in a round hole more often than not.
In principle I think it's OK. Let the Manager/Coach get on with managing/coaching whilst the DOF scouts ehe player and gets on with the nuts and bolts of negotiating contracts and so on. Seemed to work quite well with Jewell and Chorley as far as I can make out....(both ex players of course)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:48:31 »

If it’s not financial but will appease fans, it can only be the return of somebody seen as intrinsic to getting the club out of the chit.

Ben Chorley would be my uninformed guess.

This. Though if he comes back where does that leave mr. Analyst?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:52:21 »

Probably said this before but i definitely prefer traditional set up, mainly because you know exactly where the buck stops.
I've said it before, we're trying to be far to clever (and failing miserably)....I'm sick to death of hearing about 'the model' and...'oooh, player x doesn't fit the model'

The model's a load of old shit....fuck off with your XG and your spreadsheets...and 'playing fatigued'...it's like the Emperor's New Clothes...it's bollocks. If we were in the PL/Champions League, fair enough but we're trying (or at least should be) to scrap our way out of this God forsaken wilderness known as League 2...

Here's what you do...

Identify a player you like and ask yourself the questions...

Would he make us better? (use a few stats here if you like to inform your decision if it makes you feel better)
Would he want to play for us?
Can we afford him?

That's it. If he signs and does a good job for you, you'll sell him on and make money. Same outcome without the stupifying bullshit...
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 18:00:40 »

I've said it before, we're trying to be far to clever (and failing miserably)....I'm sick to death of hearing about 'the model' and...'oooh, player x doesn't fit the model'

The model's a load of old shit....fuck off with your XG and your spreadsheets...and 'playing fatigued'...it's like the Emperor's New Clothes...it's bollocks. If we were in the PL/Champions League, fair enough but we're trying (or at least should be) to scrap our way out of this God forsaken wilderness known as League 2...

Here's what you do...

Identify a player you like and ask yourself the questions...

Would he make us better? (use a few stats here if you like to inform your decision if it makes you feel better)
Would he want to play for us?
Can we afford him?

That's it. If he signs and does a good job for you, you'll sell him on and make money. Same outcome without the stupifying bullshit...

Love this.

Happy to use data to identify a striker if that data is 'how many times did the man smash the ball in the onion bag last season.' Less interested in 'how many times did he drop back through the thirds to enable the double pivot to win a second ball and enable a box entry.'
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 18:08:54 »

Oh God, box entries, pivots, playing through the thirds, transations...

Fuck off, it makes me want to throw up. If they were actually achieving something /anything on the pitch I'd shut the fuck up about it and say, 'well that's the way forward'... but they're not, so I'll carry on slating it for the utter bullshit that it is...
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 18:12:35 »

Name me one club and club owner that has ever come out with a statement that basically dissects the previous season, attributes blame to specific people and states what they are going to change for the following season…ever.

I pumped a few key words into Google and was pretty impressed with this one from Dunfermline!

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Board_Statement:_End_of_season_2018/19&ID=11232

Note, delivered ahead of season tickets going on sale.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 18:23:14 »

Now THAT is transparency...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 20:33:04 »

It’s certainly transparent but if Clem made that sort of statement are fans would go fucking mental and explode with rage.

Prices up.
Budget down.
Signing kids.

….worth pointing out that they are playing in the Scottish League One this season so have been relegated since this. Probably gone through about 4/5 managers ‘n all.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 20:36:48 »

Name me one club and club owner that has ever come out with a statement that basically dissects the previous season, attributes blame to specific people and states what they are going to change for the following season…ever.

Dunfermline. You’re welcome!  Pint
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 07:16:37 »

https://twitter.com/BBCWiltshire/status/1649639346394259458?t=IN5v2BeMhF6GFVesybjwKQ&s=19

I know this was posted elsewhere but thought it warranted a conversation.

I’m starting to think Clem might be trying to sell up. Had a roll of the dice with Austin/Morris, got the stadium and now wants out.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 07:37:25 »

https://twitter.com/BBCWiltshire/status/1649639346394259458?t=IN5v2BeMhF6GFVesybjwKQ&s=19

I know this was posted elsewhere but thought it warranted a conversation.

I’m starting to think Clem might be trying to sell up. Had a roll of the dice with Austin/Morris, got the stadium and now wants out.

What makes you think that?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 07:43:17 »

What makes you think that?
Pessimism

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 07:45:21 »

Pessimism

The natural state of most Town fans!

I honestly don’t know… a feeling I guess. Something is off. And those ITK/journos saying changes were afoot.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 07:57:31 »

There is no denying it’s an absolute shit show at the moment. We will do well to hit 3k season tickets at this rate.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: