Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem'll Fix It  (Read 27428 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 14:07:52 »

would it?

I bloody love Charlie Austin

Surely though a change in recruitment approach will be needed to go with it.

No point in C Austin and a load of mildly talented 18 years old technical players. As if being perfectly demonstrated now

I'm not saying it makes us a better team. I'm saying it injects some positivity!

If Sandro were to go that would imply a change in direction too.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 14:08:11 »

Sandro going would be us fans’ pound of flesh payment for a crap season but it doesn’t address the problem going forward for next season.

His replacement must have the appropriate experience.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 14:08:21 »

yeah, I guess so
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 15:22:36 »

Could it be lampard wanting Jody morris to be his number two again 🙏
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 15:23:13 »

Could it be lampard wanting Jody morris to be his number two again 🙏

No
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 16:40:12 »

would it?

I bloody love Charlie Austin

Surely though a change in recruitment approach will be needed to go with it.

No point in C Austin and a load of mildly talented 18 years old technical players. As if being perfectly demonstrated now

That’s still better than a load of mildly talented 18 year old technical players without C Austin.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:09:57 »

If Sandro goes then we need a DoF type, it cant be left to the manager to handle everything from contracts to organising the scouts, but we need to scrap the moneyball idea, yes we need to sell players to survive, all teams at this level do but if you have players in a successful team then other clubs will be looking, sell 1 or 2 and keep the majority of winning team and then strengthen, not dismantle the team every January and sign a few youngsters who have never played senior football.

I would like to see that statement from Clem, and then his press interview afterwards on how things will change on and off the pitch, starting with filling positions in the club, like club secretary for e.g. instead of people doing 2 jobs at the club.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:12:40 »

Sandro's model/formulal hasn't worked so the question is does the narrative come from Clem or did he buy into it either way the owner has a decision to make as things need to drastically change this summer or the club could end up in freefall.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:15:59 »

Name me one club and club owner that has ever come out with a statement that basically dissects the previous season, attributes blame to specific people and states what they are going to change for the following season…ever.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:20:15 »

I'm guessing if Sandro goes that question answers itself the same if we bring in more experienced players rather than a load of kids.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:22:38 »

When referring to Austin it might be helpful if we clarify whether we mean C Austin or Z Austin... just a thought...

Perhaps its Charlie in and Zav out in the same statement. 

Although I don't doubt we'll end up with it the other way around.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:30:23 »

His replacement must have the appropriate experience.

Do we need one? I'm sure Morris and Brand are happy enough to identify players themselves and if they need help perhaps they can appoint a chief scout themselves rather than the club telling them who to work with.

I find TD/DofF roles with a Head Coach set up can be square pegs in a round hole more often than not.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:33:06 »

Do we need one? I'm sure Morris and Brand are happy enough to identify players themselves and if they need help perhaps they can appoint a chief scout themselves rather than the club telling them who to work with.

I find TD/DofF roles with a Head Coach set up can be square pegs in a round hole more often than not.

Remember the good old days when the manager would meet the players and discusse their contracts etc.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:36:20 »

Remember the good old days when the manager would meet the players and discusse their contracts etc.

Probably said this before but i definitely prefer traditional set up, mainly because you know exactly where the buck stops.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:37:15 »

No need for statements or presentations on what went wrong.  What we need is actions.

Get a football operations person in to run the show.

Get a real DoF type if we insist on the stats recruitment still, not a friend of a friend.

Invest in five been there and done it players in our positions of weakness.  Sign the youngsters once that is in place.

Get some fucking paid employees on the books rather than sending out begging emails/tweets.

Tell Z Austin to stay well away and anyone else with a criminal record, at least from the boardroom.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: