Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem'll Fix It  (Read 27423 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:43:58 »

You’ve answered yes as well.
Stealing and running the club into the ground is fine as long as we get promoted

I understand what you are saying, but that wasn’t my point. Everyone knows the bloke was taking the piss.

However Power as an owner knew you needed football people in the right roles.

And he employed a manager who built a team that got us promoted.

Clem is currently showing himself to be absolutely inexperienced in how to own a football club.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:55:13 »

Thank god we have such a big queue of people lining up with the means to buy Clem out and then take the club further...
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:56:05 »

Clem is currently showing himself to be absolutely inexperienced in how to own a football club.

I’m increasingly persuaded that Morfuni is not in charge, and is a front for Zavier Austin and Adam Hart. Nobody in their right mind keeps a convicted drug-money runner, who has spent time inside, and his sidekick who was, quite literally, on a “most wanted” list, in any way involved in running a successful business with credibility or integrity. I can’t help feeling that they are the ones really in charge, or that Morfuni has gifted them control of the football side because he doesn’t know enough about it (and they claim to). You couldn’t make it up. Organised crime meets lower league football. And if that’s the case, the role of Angus, and the Trust, is simply one of trying to apply the brakes and stop them rinsing us as Power did. Why do we attract more than our fair share of scumbags? Is it time to start pressing for more questions? Is the Trust playing ball / keeping quiet so that we keep Angus “in the camp” as the good guy amongst the filth?
« Last Edit: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:00:14 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:56:48 »

Did Power build a team that got us promoted? Yes or no..

So Wellens had fuck all to do with it then?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:58:30 »

So Wellens had fuck all to do with it then?

See later post
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:00:42 »

I’m increasingly persuaded that Morfuni is not in charge, and is a front for Zavier Austin and Adam Hart.

I’m also coming to a similar opinion, just that it’s  someone else who’s in charge who wants those two close
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:01:20 »

I'm honestly on the verge of walking away at this point. Unless, between now and preseason, Clem clears out Zav Austin, if indeed he can, and admits that he has left the club in the hands of people who don't know what they are doing and recruits people accordingly to come in and run the club both on and off the pitch properly, then my recently purchased season ticket will be going unused.

Power knew that a smokescreen of competency on the pitch, until he went full kamikaze post Covid with Sheridan, was required to keep people from asking the tough questions and it worked for a long time.

Clem hasn't managed that, and I honestly believe that there are much tougher questions to be asked of this regime off the pitch and behind the scenes and people are already starting to zero in on them because the illusion of us being a going concern in football terms is rapidly going up in smoke.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:03:48 »

I’m also coming to a similar opinion, just that it’s  someone else who’s in charge who wants those two close

Power?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:05:36 »

Current form

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:06:27 »

I’m increasingly persuaded that Morfuni is not in charge, and is a front for Zavier Austin and Adam Hart. Nobody in their right mind keeps a convicted drug-money runner, who has spent time inside, and his sidekick who was, quite literally, on a “most wanted” list, in any way involved in running a successful business with credibility or integrity. I can’t help feeling that they are the ones really in charge, or that Morfuni has gifted them control of the football side because he doesn’t know enough about it (and they claim to). You couldn’t make it up. Organised crime meets lower league football. And if that’s the case, the role of Angus, and the Trust, is simply one of trying to apply the brakes and stop them rinsing us as Power did. Why do we attract more than our fair share of scumbags? Is it time to start pressing for more questions? Is the Trust playing ball / keeping quiet so that we keep Angus “in the camp” as the good guy amongst the filth?

The role of the Trust in all of this leaves huge questions. They have, at absolute best, and I'm being as generous as I can, been astonishingly naive and guilty of thinking that their enemy's (Lee Power's) enemy is their friend. The part that really upsets me is thinking that the Eady money has in any way been used to further the aims of people who don't have STFC's best interests at heart.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:07:50 »

See later post

So Power didn’t build the team then?

To be fair he did employ people who knew football, Wellens & Jewell.
But he also employed Sheridan & Sherwood who were both a disaster.

Clem employed Chorley & Garner that seemed to work but Lindsey & Sandro clearly didn’t.
Only time will tell if Morris & Brand are good appointments, not looking good so far
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:08:39 »

Power?

No, the one he doesn’t get on with (not sitting Wink )
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:16:24 »

So Power didn’t build the team then?

To be fair he did employ people who knew football, Wellens & Jewell.
But he also employed Sheridan & Sherwood who were both a disaster.

Clem employed Chorley & Garner that seemed to work but Lindsey & Sandro clearly didn’t.
Only time will tell if Morris & Brand are good appointments, not looking good so far

Someone at the club I know recently said it should have been Artell, which is concerning that they are already looking back with hindsight.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 22:38:27 »

I certainly thought that Artel was the sensible choice - but have to admit I was seduced by the "big name" first appointment Morris represented following the Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle, Wise and even McMahon examples previously.

No harm to Clem for tying that. Signing Austin was also a coo - but it needed more than that. 

The more worrying thing is the potential shadiness others have mentioned, and the total lack of football people involved in the club.

Unless Lampard wants him back we have to continue with the experiment with Jodie Morris and to be fair he has been handed a squad not capable of getting promoted. Hoping that lessons are learned and we get some no nonsense hard men/seasoned pros to solidify the team with a bit of youthful flair thrown in for next season. And some people behind the scenes with some experience.

I'll give it the summer rebuild before slashing my STFC wrists just yet. I think it will come together over the summer, or melt down over the next few weeks Smiley Never dull is it (off the pitch that is)
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 06:27:33 »

I think Januarys transfer dealings destroyed the dressing room. Lindsey could see what was coming which is why he left. Also, given the parameters Lindsey was working under I think he was doing a decent job - the ‘fans’ who were right on his back need to give their heads a wobble.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: