Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem'll Fix It  (Read 27151 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 16:36:54 »

Nailed it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 17:50:36 »

Someone made a good suggestion on twitter. Nicky Hammond on a consultancy basis (obviously couldnt afford him as a DOF) to sort the football structure out. Have the conversation, couldnt do any harm asking?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:04:20 »

The club don't deserve to sell another season ticket until they explain how they are going to turn this ship around next year.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:17:16 »

The complementary things left to say about Clem’s now seems to be reduced to saying at least he isn’t Power, what a sad state of affairs that is.

Call me old fashioned but I’m not a fan of absent owners running clubs at this level, when you are running with skeleton staff you need to be on top of it yourself or fork out and have competent people running things. We had an absent owner in Power, now we’ve got an absent owner with Clem. When you think of the way we’ve been operated for a decade now it’s not really a surprise where we are now.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:18:49 »

The complementary things left to say about Clem’s now seems to be reduced to saying at least he isn’t Power, what a sad state of affairs that is.

Call me old fashioned but I’m not a fan of absent owners running clubs at this level, when you are running with skeleton staff you need to be on top of it yourself or fork out and have competent people running things. We had an absent owner in Power, now we’ve got an absent owner with Clem. When you think of the way we’ve been operated for a decade now it’s not really a surprise where we are now.

The diffence with Power was he had two football people running the show he could trust.

So, give no fucks
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:22:20 »

Clem is unfortunately proving to show himself as absolutely clueless at running a football club.

I have heard him referred to as a shrewd businessman, perhaps in the Australian plumbing world he is. At the moment he is making Power look competent as an owner.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:28:49 »

Clem is unfortunately proving to show himself as absolutely clueless at running a football club.

I have heard him referred to as a shrewd businessman, perhaps in the Australian plumbing world he is. At the moment he is making Power look competent as an owner.

What absolute drivel.
The football operations side of things on and off the pitch might not be great but all that shit is still a step up from literally stealing money out the club.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:28:55 »

Power may have been a rogue but he understood football

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:29:13 »

Quote from: tans
Someone made a good suggestion on twitter. Nicky Hammond on a consultancy basis (obviously couldnt afford him as a DOF) to sort the football structure out. Have the conversation, couldnt do any harm asking?

That assumes willing and recognition of the problem on clems part.

What's not clear to me is who, if anyone, is advising Clem right now. He's not  stupid enough to go alone surely, given he's inexperienced in all this .

So who has put whatever the hell the structure is supposed to be in place?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:31:41 »

What absolute drivel.
The football operations side of things on and off the pitch might not be great but all that shit is still a step up from literally stealing money out the club.

Did Power build a team that got us promoted? Yes or no..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:33:35 »

Did Power build a team that got us promoted? Yes or no..

So we can over look stealing money out the club and putting the clubs existence in jeopardy for the sake of a promotion then?

Problem solved. Let’s bring Messi in next season £400k a week basic.
We’ll get promoted then go bust. Fantastic.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:34:53 »

So the answer is yes, thanks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:37:38 »

So the answer is yes, thanks

You’ve answered yes as well.
Stealing and running the club into the ground is fine as long as we get promoted

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:38:21 »

…oh and then Power built us a team that got relegated straight away with John Sheridan in charge for fuck sake
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:38:32 »

Power was pure poison I won’t ignore that. But on the flip side his reign proved the importance of having a bit of football experience and contacts and the difference it could make. It’s a shame Clem couldn’t see this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: