Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle  (Read 23027 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 14:16:42 »

Are they? Is this a one off or ongoing?

https://twitter.com/T_STBL/status/1633823193780871169

Seems like it's ongoing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 14:20:25 »

Er OK.

I don't mind Hanners but for whatever reason never really got into the STBL stuff.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 14:55:47 »

Reece Devine out injured again, 12-16 weeks. Shame for the lad however we might have to look at cutting our losses with that one.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 14:56:18 »

Reece Devine out injured again, 12-16 weeks. Shame for the lad however we might have to look at cutting our losses with that one.

He has another year on his contract. Sounds like he'll be struggling for pre-season even, which is really tough.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 14:58:17 »

He has another year on his contract. Sounds like he'll be struggling for pre-season even, which is really tough.

I know we do but we can't have a player constantly injured, perhaps a pay off.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 15:05:24 »

Swindon 1 Carlisle 2 Att: 9,280 (550 Cumbrians)

« Last Edit: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 19:30:28 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 15:09:01 »

Was he as injury prone for all his previous clubs?
bluebry

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 20:59:35 »

Ok Carlisle fan here.
We (the team, not me as I haven't enough pennies to get that far South) coming down to your gaff in a fairly confident mood, so if we turn up then it should make a very interesting game. If we don't turn up then we can make the Dog and Duck reserves look like world champions.
Don't think you need to worry too much about Christian Dennis, as he is unlikely to start, but will almost certainly be on the bench. However his replacement 'Joe Garner' is an absolute pest and will keep your defenders busy for as long as he's on the pitch. We have two wonderful central midfielders in Callum Guy and Owen Moxon, and when they tick, the team tick's.
At the back we have the old warhorse Paul Huntington, who's still decent despite his advancing years, Captain Fantastic Morgan Feeney, and central defender, wing back, midfielder, striker 'he can play anywhere' 'John Mellish', Simpson once said of him, " I really think he himself hasn't a clue what he's going to do next", expect marauding runs, super intelligent link up play, general commanding of the ball.......................and some complete comedy moments, that's our John, and we love him to bits for it.
Have a happy (but not to happy) day on Saturday and may the best team, that plays in 'very' dark blue win?Huh??
Actually a 1-1 draw and I'll be well happy.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 21:04:20 »

Was he as injury prone for all his previous clubs?

The 20-year-old full-back would have had lots more minutes in League Two had it not been for a hamstring issue – missing most of February and all of March.

That was for his loan at Walsall
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 08:45:24 »

What are we thinking in terms of lineup?

Brynn

Minturn              Brewitt            Clayton   

Hutton                                                                                         Tomlinson

Cain                               McEachran

Williams

Austin                   RHM

On a side note, how long is Harries out for? Not sure I've heard him even mentioned by Morris since he came in.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 09:04:39 »

Brynn

Minturn              Brewitt            Clayton   

Hutton                                                                                         Tomlinson

Cain                               McEachran

Williams

Austin                   RHM

On a side note, how long is Harries out for? Not sure I've heard him even mentioned by Morris since he came in.

I think that's a good team and should have enough about it to get a result. But I think that each week so 🤷
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 09:06:44 »

IIRC it was around now he was expected to recover, but unlikely to see him this season. Not heard an update either.

With your team, my worry would be its a bit soft through he middle, I'm often wrong though. But I can't see an obvious way to fix it. Maybe swap Wlliams for Cain and put Kadji holding in an effort to protect the back 3? Less inventive but we'd have options to go for it more on the bench.

Based on the Orient game lineup we could go:

Wakeling       Austin        RHM

Williams         Kadji        McEachran         Hutton

Tomlinson        Clayton          Minturn

Brynn

Not sure Willo provides enough left side cover though (could swap with Wakeling Smiley ).

« Last Edit: Friday, March 10, 2023, 09:12:24 by Batch » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 09:17:25 »

Other than when he did a passable job filling in at the back, I haven't seen anything in Kadji. A first touch like Thor's hammer, very sloppy in possession and I suspect Morris was fuming with his marking for the goal on Saturday when he seemingly totally switched off.

I thought McEachran would be a pure fancy Dan, tippy tappy sort but he's got a nice bit of bite and has done some solid dirty work.

My only thought with my suggested XI would be perhaps Brewitt would move forward a touch and sit as a bit more of a DM, which may help with the issue you've highlighted.

In terms of squad planning I'm never quite sure why we allowed Lyden to walk. Seemingly happy to stick around through his rehab and well worth a short term deal from when he got fit in presumably January time through to the end of the season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #28 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 09:17:36 »

Brynn

Minturn              Brewitt            Clayton    

Hutton                                                                                         Tomlinson

Cain                               McEachran

Williams

Austin                   RHM

I think Minturn will be a good CB and had a decent game on Saturday but we need to go easy with him, hes 1 league game into his career and I would have him on the bench as back up.

For me, being at home, we need to be more attacking than the 352 formation and should be going 433 or 442. But, it seems Morris prefers the 352/532 style.

I would go with. (assuming they are all fit).

Brynn
Hutton    Brewitt   Clayton    Tomlinson
     McEachran  Williams      Cain
Wakeling         Austin               RHM

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 10:09:51 »

Can't comment on Carlisle itself but there feck all in south Cumbria and no suggestion of snow on the M6 so should be fine, up here its all been east coast affected.

So B'Witched were right and we should blame it on the weatherman, nothing forecast but a couple of inches of snow here today, but roads seem OK so should be no barrier to the marauding hoards from Carlisle.

They will be smarting as well having been dumped out of the Cumbrian Cup the other night by Workington Reds!  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: