Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle  (Read 23955 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 10:38:11 »

Other than when he did a passable job filling in at the back, I haven't seen anything in Kadji. A first touch like Thor's hammer, very sloppy in possession and I suspect Morris was fuming with his marking for the goal on Saturday when he seemingly totally switched off.

I thought McEachran would be a pure fancy Dan, tippy tappy sort but he's got a nice bit of bite and has done some solid dirty work.

My only thought with my suggested XI would be perhaps Brewitt would move forward a touch and sit as a bit more of a DM, which may help with the issue you've highlighted.

In terms of squad planning I'm never quite sure why we allowed Lyden to walk. Seemingly happy to stick around through his rehab and well worth a short term deal from when he got fit in presumably January time through to the end of the season.
Lyden has been, and still is, injured at Orient.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 10:40:48 »

Listening to the LSpod not-presser ep and they're talking to a Carlisle fan who said "we don't mess around with at the back, we can play football but we get rid when we have to, don't play for the sake of it, which you see a lot of teams do at this level. Crawley were trying that against us the other week, which is why we went in 4-0 up at half time."

Thought a few on here (myself included!) might rather like that.

Interesting insights actually - Carlisle attacking heavily down the left (good luck Hutton) in particular.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 10, 2023, 10:52:56 by Nemo » Logged
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 11:43:48 »

It was an interesting episode of the pod. Employing a decent press sounds ominous though. RHM has given us more of an out than previously though so maybe, just maybe we won't be giving it away in our own third quite as much.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 14:16:18 »

Interesting insights actually - Carlisle attacking heavily down the left (good luck Hutton) in particular.

If that's something we expect them to do on Saturday then it could give Morris good reason to go for an asymmetrical formation, more attacking on the left e.g. with Tomlinson, Williams and Wakeling and more defensive on the right.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 15:12:13 »

We’ve played the current top 8 sides 12 times so far - only losing twice. Yet we’ve been beaten by some right old crap - Crawley, Colchester, Newport, Harrogate, Crewe etc. Just winning 3 of those would have seen us within spitting distance of the autos.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 15:19:17 »

The quandary of football.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 15:21:14 »

We're comparing against small clubs on paper and fanbase when in reality there's not much between the quality of players

So, give no fucks
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 15:21:22 »

Is the the debut of the Tom Broadbent lot taking over on the mic?

Interesting to see how this pans out.  

Like a virgins first time shagging, I expect plenty of enthusiasm but ultimately a lot of disappointment.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 15:57:53 »

We’ve played the current top 8 sides 12 times so far - only losing twice. Yet we’ve been beaten by some right old crap - Crawley, Colchester, Newport, Harrogate, Crewe etc. Just winning 3 of those would have seen us within spitting distance of the autos.

The quandary of football Swindon Town.

FIFY - I know I've said this loads of times but my old man started going in the 1940's and he says it was even the same then!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 17:06:01 »

... the Tom Broadbent ...virgins..

Miquotearama
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 17:53:26 »

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 18:06:02 »

Just goes to show that consistency it would seem goes greatly unnoticed but has a greater say in the final table than is realised.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 21:45:50 »

Crewe 4 Salford 3  Pint

So, give no fucks
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 22:15:55 »

He comes across well, dare I say, even likeable for an ex piss stain wanker

I only dream of Claire Sweeney

?Absolute Calamity!?