Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Grimsby Matchday Thread  (Read 32434 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 11:00:14 »

He did and we hit the post twice more after too wasnt it? IIRC and the defender who nearly kneed the ball in at the near post and then the Lavinier shot fumble saved on the line by the keeper.

It could easily have been 8+ goals.

Another two times with the ball coming back out.

Lavinier and Darcy’s goals were both post and in.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #481 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 11:17:30 »

Another two times with the ball coming back out.

Lavinier and Darcy’s goals were both post and in.
Indeed, for a comparison to previous games we had 23 shots and 11 were on target on Saturday.

That was as many shots on target as we had in the previous 3 games combined.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #482 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 11:25:53 »

Yeah Austin hit the bar in the 2nd half when it was still 1 - 0 and Hutton or RHM after a sexy little through ball from Williams.

We were absolutely class.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 11:37:06 »

Just watching the extended highlights - I forgot that Khan hit the inside of the post early on. Really good effort

I thought it was Hepburn-Murphy.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 11:45:09 »

T'was Khan.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #485 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 11:55:34 »

Khan and RHM hit the post IIRC along with Charlie.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 12:24:02 »

Watched the game live. The short highlights. The extended highlights. And now the pitch side highlights!

Best performance in years.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 13:54:59 »

On this day in 2011.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 14:02:28 »

- Gunning says he's always relaxed. Need to watch the shape and formation. Its like a chess match. Can we transition quickly before they get into shape.

This pretty much nails the difference between Gunning's approach and Lindsey's. SL's approach was far too slow and ponderous making the defensive job way too easy for opponents. Saturday was perfect, move the ball with pace and have numbers flooding forward. (yes the Austin factor played a part of course) It is such a shame it's taken so long to do it, but we now have 20 games to get out of league 2.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #489 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 17:00:08 »

Didn't want to start a new thread for Saturday yet but I see we have sold just under 950 tickets already for Saturdays game at Walsall, another great turn out should easily break 1,000 by then and if a new man is in place maybe 1,500.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 21:52:42 »

It's not all doom and gloom of course. This was a cracking win...great to see Charlie Austin back AND to score AND to win so emphatically...probably how the Town should be beating sides like this if aspirations are to depart this wretched division...in an upward direction.

Clean sheet was a very welcome addition too!

Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint

*SdM seen chanting from the terraces as his LEAN management skills come to the fore...just in time*

#WeAreGunningsRedAndWhiteArmy  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 07:07:16 »

Reading through this thread a few pages at a time since the result is pretty entertaining... just saying if you are a trying to  make the same arguments about a player in posts: A) before the game whilst arguing about a rumoured starting line up; as B) A defeat a few weeks ago; as C) a draw a few weeks ago; and as D) after a 5-0 win.... then you are coming across a bit one sided.

Can't remember the exact timings, I was working until at least half time I think. But first chance checking result, I think we are 1-0 up and Charlie Austin had scored in his 25 mins... Just like the first proper buzz over football I've felt for ages. Austin is well after when I used to go loads, so not just some first big nostalgia player or anything. Just it would  be so easy to be a bit cynical over the whole thing, and no manager etc... It's just nice to be wrong.

Manager fucked off to crawly. Saves us a fortune paying off a long contract at some point when we sack him too late. Charlie Austin comes back, scores early to avoid that is he past it if he hadn't scored for a few games, we've won five fucking nil. at home. 11000 (I heard) so extras which will come back, fair play 800(?) Grimsby fans making the trip - how many do Grimsby take could be a teset of how big a club you are. And Five different players have scored when sometimes it doesn't look like we can create chances,,,,

So much more than I could have hoped for... and I think time to give the squad a chance to maybe show there potential.

Or find a reason at how we'd been better if Iandolo had blah blah blah....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 17:23:26 »

Didn't want to start a new thread for Saturday yet but I see we have sold just under 950 tickets already for Saturdays game at Walsall, another great turn out should easily break 1,000 by then and if a new man is in place maybe 1,500.
1170 sold so far
Peter Venkman

« Reply #493 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 09:41:37 »

1170 sold so far
Damn good turn out for one of our closest games (never thought a game essentially in Brum would be classed as local!).

I can't help but think it would have been much more if a new manager had been appointed prior to the game tomorrow, giving the fans a bit of a boost.

Speaking about distances, rough distances to our closest opponents doesnt make good reading with only 6 clubs being under 100 miles away. Newport 60 miles, Northampton 71 miles, Wimbledon 86, miles, Sutton 87 miles, Walsall 89 miles, Orient 92 miles.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 09:44:49 »

I can't help but think it would have been much more if a new manager had been appointed prior to the game tomorrow, giving the fans a bit of a boost.

Also a bit Walsall'd. Feels like we play them every few weeks Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: