Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 28348 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 14:03:51 »

Fanbases are completely different, as are the potential. They averaged about 7k their second tier run and about 4k this season.

Clubs fans always think they're bigger than they are, but a lot of our fans have the opposite problem. Jesus our average attendance is over twice theirs.

I get why though. It stems from absolute depression of having fuck all to shout about.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 14:05:00 »

Am I the only one that is wondering where this Duncan Ferguson shit is coming from? The bloke was a lunatic as a player and has been retired the best part of two decades and done bugger all.

Has baffled me.

He has been coaching at Everton for the last 8 years. Working his way up to assistant manager and has taken charge or Everton on two occasions (and improved performances)

He left Everton in the summer to go into management (according to the media articles) and as of typing this - has not found gainful employment.

…and we are looking for a manager? So why is it such a baffling suggestion?

Sure, he was a bit unhinged but was also always gave maximum effort, wasn’t afraid of hard work and putting it about it & he has passion. Exactly what this team is lacking.

I’ve said many times. I don’t know what Ferguson’s expectations are with regards to finding a job. What he personally is holding out for wages wise / league wise

…but…surely an unemployed former assistant manager who is looking to get into management isn’t such a shit suggestion?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 14:20:29 »

I had no problem with my post. I suppose it depend on how you measure size  Girl Giggle

Crewe in cms, Town in inches  Smiley
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 15:08:55 »

He has been coaching at Everton for the last 8 years. Working his way up to assistant manager and has taken charge or Everton on two occasions (and improved performances)

He left Everton in the summer to go into management (according to the media articles) and as of typing this - has not found gainful employment.

Sure, he was a bit unhinged but was also always gave maximum effort, wasn’t afraid of hard work and putting it about it & he has passion. Exactly what this team is lacking.

I’ve said many times. I don’t know what Ferguson’s expectations are with regards to finding a job. What he personally is holding out for wages wise / league wise

…but…surely an unemployed former assistant manager who is looking to get into management isn’t such a shit suggestion?

The problem for me is that all his experience of late is with Everton. Although a less than average PL on the pitch their wealth and financial situation is still a million miles from L2. Would love to see someone like Pep or Klopp spend a season here and work with the tools provided and a budget of 50p and a bag of grapes.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 15:47:54 »

Swindon itself is surrounded by other towns of notable size that don’t have league clubs and therefore have floating fans. We don’t get so many fans from Newbury these days as they would more likely travel to Reading. Likewise floating fans in Chippenham more than likely go to Bristol City. On a personal note one of my friends who was a regular for most games at The County Ground with his wife all through the 90’s and early 2000’s ended up becoming season ticket holders at Southampton when they moved from The Dell. It works both ways of course, our single year in The Premier League had a detrimental effect on attendance at Bristol City.

You would be surprised how many fans regularly make the pilgrimage from Chippenham and Bath. They wouldn’t touch Bristol with a barge poll.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 15:50:17 »

Surely Ferguson will be back in charge at Everton soon!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 16:51:29 »

The problem for me is that all his experience of late is with Everton. Although a less than average PL on the pitch their wealth and financial situation is still a million miles from L2. Would love to see someone like Pep or Klopp spend a season here and work with the tools provided and a budget of 50p and a bag of grapes.

It’s a fair point no doubt.
Personally think putting in maximum effort and playing for the shirt are skills that are transferable to lower league players.

I’d rather watch some bloody & guts football than pointless possession passing to be honest.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 17:02:06 »

As things stand after todays games we are 8th. A lot of teams are now on the same number of games played as us. So our position should be quite attractive to any prospective Manager bearing in mind we can’t score in a brothel!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 17:12:58 »

Clough can't have long left at Mansfield after today's collapse hate us to get gazumped!

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 17:21:21 »

Outside the POs on goal difference. Bradford still have 2 games in hand. Cobblers losing still gives a faint chance of getting 3rd. POs should be easily achievable with a new man and a few new players - and a mighty change of emphasis.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 17:23:00 »

It's set up nicely if Clem & Sandro make the right choices.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 18:14:02 »

I didn't realise he'd been at Everton that whole time. Fair enough.

He was still an absolute lunatic in his youth still. He'd probably end up in a punch up with our fans.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 18:21:07 »

I didn't realise he'd been at Everton that whole time. Fair enough.

He was still an absolute lunatic in his youth still. He'd probably end up in a punch up with our fans.

Good.
They would have probably deserved it !!!
DMC

« Reply #328 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 18:25:44 »

The number of managers they go through Everton go through he is probably worked with more experience than anyone else.

On a serious note i think we have a real opportunity in place to put the foundations in for something good here. I would be looking at getting players like Austin and Gladwin involved and taking their coaching badges under a manager with some coaching or manager experience
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 18:49:38 »

The number of managers they go through Everton go through he is probably worked with more experience than anyone else.

On a serious note i think we have a real opportunity in place to put the foundations in for something good here. I would be looking at getting players like Austin and Gladwin involved and taking their coaching badges under a manager with some coaching or manager experience

Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti, Benitez & Lampard!!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: