Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 28389 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 11:41:07 »

Pickering, Ng, Kirk, Wintle - that Crewe side were superb.

Who knows how it would work out but I think it's both exciting and sensible on paper.

Would ignore what Crewe fans said when he left. Plenty on here were rewriting history when Wellens left, despite him being brilliant.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 11:43:42 »

And his name sounds almost like Arkell - shoe in.
Just like Arsene and Arsenal.

It’s a sign I tells ya!
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 11:45:38 »

If that’s the case I hope we sign Terry Henry.
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 11:47:03 »

Debating which league 2 club is 'bigger' than the other is a bit, dare I say, tinpot but that's just my take on that. I haven't looked this up but I think that they may have been in the second tier in relatively recent history.

On the face of it, that would appear to be a decent appointment. A few forum comments on a manager's skills and attributes should be taken with a healthy pinch of salt.

The Crewe side from the COVID affected season included some very good players and it is almost inevitable that they would have taken title.  The manager has to take some credit for their success.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 11:52:11 »

Plenty at Crewe didn't want to see him sacked either despite the terrible end to his reign. It was always likely they would struggle the season after selling their most recent golden generation, things are completely cyclical there.

I think he'd be a decent appointment. A young manager, good football philosophy, would play 'The Swindon Way', and would be relatively cheap. Plus, he seems to be a little bit on the edge which is always fun to see.

We could and have done much worse with managerial appointments over the last 10 years.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:02:33 »

Yeah I didn't want to get all 'we're massive' but fuck off are we the same size as Crewe. What, because we sell players? So does everyone.

Crewe has a much lower ceiling than Swindon.

Did anyone say we were the same size club as Crewe or are you trying to start an argument with yourself?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:08:00 »

Artell would be a good fit here. Plays attacking football, experience of blooding younger players, also did well on a low budget - got Crewe to finish 12th in L1 in 2021, then lost his better players in the summer. He also has a shedload of experience in the lower leagues as a player. A much better option than what we've had.

Read that without putting my glasses on and seriously thought I was reading the most deluded post ever! Why would Arteta leave Arsenal to come here? Then I put my glasses on…
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:10:56 »

I think that Artell would be a good fit here.
Having had time to reflect and reset following his departure from Crewe could also work in our favour.

Looks quite studious with the specs on as well.

Seems to have a bit of fire in his belly when called for.
Being sent to the stands at the CG and continuing to wear the vivid pink bib did make him a target for the TE if I remember.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #293 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:12:49 »

Did anyone say we were the same size club as Crewe or are you trying to start an argument with yourself?
Someone did mention it earlier that Crewe and Swindon were comperable sized clubs.

as others have said crew and swindon are similar in some ways - shirt colour, railways, size, being in the lower leagues for many years, type of football played and selling players to balance the books. 

I don't know who else might be available and I don't know enough about artell to suggest he could not do a good job.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:14:11 »

Read that without putting my glasses on and seriously thought I was reading the most deluded post ever! Why would Arteta leave Arsenal to come here? Then I put my glasses on…

Some would still be underwhelmed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:14:47 »

I guess you can take exciting in a few ways.

In terms of managerial CV and name recognition, Mark Hughes at Bradford is miles ahead of any L2 appointment made in the last decade or so. He's doing okay, but they're not pissing the division.

I had doubts about Hughes who had never played or managed below the second-tier before taking the Bradford City job.

I had no doubts about their previous manager. I thought Derek Adams couldn't fail (always with the proviso nothing is certain in football). He did miserably.

The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:18:32 »

Well yes especially as Klopp will probably be available soon.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:18:33 »

Someone did mention it earlier that Crewe and Swindon were comperable sized clubs.

Then I apologise to Chalkies.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:22:31 »

How many times have fans been overwhelmed 3 maybe,  Macari, Ardilles & Hoddle and 4 at a push with Roy Evans. Not sure about McMahon, Todd & Wise.

So, give no fucks
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:23:43 »

Just like Arsene and Arsenal.

It’s a sign I tells ya!
Exactly!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: