Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 24955 times)
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:36:46 »

Yeah, a coach with no coaching experience is just what we need.

A coach, not a manager, just some nouse to pass on to the younger members of the squad
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:37:21 »

I never said manager?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:38:13 »

The team does need some oomph
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 16:08:37 »

And Bring Anthony Grant as a coach/player coach, that shit housary is needed!
I think we tend to 'shithouse' too much. But, the problem is, not getting into a position to 'shithouse' often enough as we can't score enough goals.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 20:01:15 »

Maybe someone can create a poll.

Think that's a great idea !

We're all pissed off with how things are, but other than withdraw our support (which none of us want to do !) what else can we do ?  I don't have a clue how to arrange a poll, but would be interesting to see one, so can someone give it a go !

I know that Clem and senior officials won't trawl through the socials, but I imagine the press officer will, as he said as much the other week !

If there was an overwhelming poll result wanting the manager changed, I'm sure it would filter back to higher echelons - whether it would have any influence is an entirely different matter !
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 20:02:42 »

Think that's a great idea !

We're all pissed off with how things are, but other than withdraw our support (which none of us want to do !) what else can we do ?  I don't have a clue how to arrange a poll, but would be interesting to see one, so can someone give it a go !

I know that Clem and senior officials won't trawl through the socials, but I imagine the press officer will, as he said as much the other week !

If there was an overwhelming poll result wanting the manager changed, I'm sure it would filter back to higher echelons - whether it would have any influence is an entirely different matter !

I didn't know how to create a poll myself but there is one now live if you haven't see it.

So, give no fucks
digby

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 20:14:21 »

I didn't know how to create a poll myself but there is one now live if you haven't see it.

Are you referring to the one on the 'current management' thread  ?
I think one set up like the MoM poll would be better and have more impact !
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 20:17:42 »

Yes that's the one set up by singingiiify.

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 08:25:34 »

Keep up !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 15:28:45 »

No surprises to see the usual cucks on here semi defending it all by drawing comparisons to last season. Last season we had a fucking embargo, 3 week pre season and still managed to build a better squad than this shower of shit. At least 5 or 6 of the match day 18 are nowhere near good enough. That’s a big issue. There’s one player in this current team that walks into last seasons team and that’s FBT. Nobody else. Downgrades absolutely everywhere. Macdonald pathetic, spineless centre half. Lavenier and Hutton nowhere near the level of Kesler Hayden and Hunt. Simpson and Davison clearly offered more up top. Darcy? 😂 need I say more? Useless. Bottles tackles and has no bite. Brynn I could see an argument for, but Wollacott was unreal first half of season hence the World Cup selection. We miss Payne and mckirdy so much. We replaced them with Darcy and Wakeling. Pwahahhahahahhaa

It’s fucking disgraceful watching us. Yesterday was a low. Colchester are so bad. What does that say about us? Players ain’t playing for him anymore, clear to see. Players ain’t happy with him or the environment. Gladwins interview was telling. Where was captain Angus? Ronald Macdonald would be more of a captain to this football club than Angus Macdonald. Not a leader at all. Silent on the pitch. Another pathetic performance from him. Will go down in the Olly Lancashire school of captains of this football club. Charlie Austin will run this dressing room, and whether it’s official or not, he will be captain and call all the shots. We need it. Need a voice and a proper manager to take charge and ownership, both in the dressing room and in dugout, as right now we have neither.

Circus of a coaching set up with Day and Gunning. All of them including mildenhall just screaming and shouting for 90 mins waving arms. All of them can go (I get most will want Mildy to stay)  Get a manager in with a clean slate. No secret Andrew Crofts at Brighton was number 1 choice. He bailed at last min, We panicked and made cheapest appointment available.

If Lindsey loves this club how he says he does, then do the right thing and walk, today.  2 weeks to get a new man in. But this is Swindon town so I fully expect SL to be here in 2 weeks, tell us how good the lads are in training, how the vibe is great, how he doesn’t care about outside noise and how clem backs him.

This. Although I think there is a player in there with Darcy in the right system. I'm prepared to be wrong on that though.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 15:32:27 »

What's he done, other than being guilty by association?

He's the keeper coach. The keeper is playing well.

But I have to confess I don't watch the dugout much during a game. Subs and aggro only.

I'm defending him for the tremendous job he did when working under the worst possible conditions last year,  the way he's been loyal to the club and the keepers playing well.

What's your reasons?

Yeah, loyal servant and keeper is playing well. See no reason to change it unless the incoming manager wants his own guy.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 16:04:57 »

Looking at the Northampton highlights, I would say we got a very lucky result.

That was also a team willing to attack us and open themselves up. If a team scores first and tries to defend it, its just waiting the inevitable.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 07:17:19 »

This. Although I think there is a player in there with Darcy in the right system. I'm prepared to be wrong on that though.
With the lack of pace in our play I'd play Darcy as a "wide striker"

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 10:48:01 »

With the lack of pace in our play I'd play Darcy as a "wide striker"

Why the speech marks? Paul Hart would tell you to your face that counts as three strikers.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: