Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cobblers v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 21163 times)
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 08:00:36 »

Yeah fine - don’t get excited, I get that…

Just don’t expect a Pat on the back from the manager for not being excited

I don't go away often but the fans always sound like they get behind the team away from home.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 10:22:19 »

Get excited, don't get excited, I don't really care but booing players whilst we're in the playoffs? Yeah I probably would go straight down the tunnel as well. Either that or give you the finger.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
magicroundaboutred

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 10:45:16 »

Just imagine us getting 15 corners and as many shots on target as Northampton did. No one would argue with that and they would not get booed off. But we don't muster that in 3/4 home games.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 11:06:36 »

Maybe Lindsey will give the supports the pat on the back they so desperately crave when they actually start supporting the team and creating a positive atmosphere?

Says the guy who doesn't attend.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 11:15:41 »

I do, and he’s not wrong though is he?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 11:19:22 »

I do, and he’s not wrong though is he?

That's your opinion though. Besides the away supporters have been great all season.
Home games have been pretty dire, and the atmosphere has gone downhill. Exciting football ramps up atmosphere, dull football doesn't strangely enough.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 11:24:15 by 4D » Logged
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 11:33:08 »

That's your opinion though. Besides the away supporters have been great all season.
Home games have been pretty dire, and the atmosphere has gone downhill. Exciting football ramps up atmosphere, dull football doesn't strangely enough.

I’d agree it’s much better away, many possible reasons ( all fans together, less of the negativity in general) but the style of football isn’t much different, I guess the expectations are less.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 11:38:32 »

Same for most clubs, the away supporters tend to be more vocal than the respective home support. Shame as we had 10k in against Walsall but neither the fans or players could muster much.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 12:13:58 »

The main difference between home and away matches is the opposition. At away games the opposition set up to play on the front foot which leaves us more space, makes the game more end to end and a more engaging spectacle for supporters to get behind. The only exception to this was Gillingham where they had a player sent off so early that it became like a home game with us just spending the game passing backwards and sideways creating next to nothing, Lindsey got pelters there as well.

At home as the season has gone on a familiar pattern has began to develop as the opposition have worked us out. They know that they just need to stay in the game first half so just keep it tight and our slow paced stuff doesn’t work against a team sitting in and makes for an awful spectacle. Even at 1-0 down they know they still have a decent chance of winning as after 30 minutes we generally run out of ideas and then second half either through no substitutions or poor substitutions we gradually get worst and worst. The opposition then grow into the game and Lindsey seems unable to counter this and positively influence the game once it has started and almost without exception his changes put us on the back foot. We’ve not scored a second half goal at home since mid-October.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 14:09:25 »

You don’t have a fucking clue what my movements are of a weekend and how often I do / do not attend.

Either way, it’s obvious to anyone the CG is a morgue and our support is negative, toxic and crap and hasn’t been behind Lindsey from the get go (same with Garner) so I’m at a loss as to why they fans feel smug enough about their attendance that they feel the manager (who they don’t get behind) has to go pander to them with a wave and clap
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 14:09:55 »

To be fair we’ve only scored two first half goals at home since October 😂
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 14:11:40 »

Guys! Guys! We won this game!!!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 14:34:00 »

You don’t have a fucking clue what my movements are of a weekend and how often I do / do not attend.

Either way, it’s obvious to anyone the CG is a morgue and our support is negative, toxic and crap and hasn’t been behind Lindsey from the get go (same with Garner) so I’m at a loss as to why they fans feel smug enough about their attendance that they feel the manager (who they don’t get behind) has to go pander to them with a wave and clap
😁 My first thought reading through was fans getting all precious because the manager didn't clap them.. 🙄 Yet he is expected to put up with their 'criticism'  Wink
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 15:25:16 »

I saw this elsewhere and thought it appropriate considering the ongoing debate if lack of atmosphere at home plus other grounds.

https://bathreg.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/football-stadium-atmosphere-research
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 15:31:38 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 15:55:06 »

Get excited, don't get excited, I don't really care but booing players whilst we're in the playoffs? Yeah I probably would go straight down the tunnel as well. Either that or give you the finger.

Who said anything about booing? Unless I've missed something, why would anyone boo when we have won? 
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: