Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cobblers v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 21640 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:29:13 »

I think it’s good management by him not going over and allowing the players get the plaudits. Who gives a fuck if a manager comes over?

“Let the players take the plaudits” 😂😂 nada to do with that, you listened to any of his interviews recently? It’s all about him.

I care, and if you have social media you woudla seen a lot of people picked up on it and have said the same.
SpeakingFluentPeroni

« Reply #391 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:31:48 »

Most people on social media are idiots
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:38:23 »

No abuse apart from a few boos. I actually think considering our home form he has got away with alot and abuse free

100% on abuse and SL. Feel like it’s hit fanbase though, was pretty mute in away end compared to last two visits to six fields, fan base been pretty dejected I feel. Austin will 100% lift it though, win vs Col u and the next home game becomes massive.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:39:26 »

Most people on social media are idiots

Makes sense why the world is so fucked up then don’t it
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:42:05 »

in fairness he apparently did the same boxing Day, and we lost, so it's not "taking the plaudits" related

I didn't bother looking at the pitch much at the end of game then. a dignified silence looking at the phone. so I didn't notice
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:51:40 »

I wonder how many of the people moaning about Lindsey not going over to the fans were actually at the game. My guess is not that many as most of us that were there didn’t notice as we were too busy celebrating with the players.

It feels like it’s just another stick to beat him with, as the result didn’t turn out the way they expected
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:59:50 »

Re Lindsey and abuse, both he and MacDonald were getting a proper earful from some elements in the DRS at recent games so it does happen.

Last night was a proper nail biting travelling smash and grab. Loved it!

Couldn't see much of Shades goal but I'm glad he got it. His performance last night was vastly better than recent games.

Lavinier's goal was a proper Thing Of Beauty.

What I noticed most last night however was that FBT- our best defender with out exception, and someone I would dearly love to get on a perm, didn't make many driving runs out of the back. It is something I notice a lot sitting in the DRS. At times, he is the player with the most attacking mindset at times.

Defending of set pieces seems to have improved (thank fuck) or Northampton were shit at attacking free kicks and corners?

DMC

« Reply #397 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 16:11:21 »

100% on abuse and SL. Feel like it’s hit fanbase though, was pretty mute in away end compared to last two visits to six fields, fan base been pretty dejected I feel. Austin will 100% lift it though, win vs Col u and the next home game becomes massive.
Said the same, last 3 home games when manager players and club made the rallying calls made a huge difference, Be great if we had that support second half of the season
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 16:21:24 »

Said the same, last 3 home games when manager players and club made the rallying calls made a huge difference, Be great if we had that support second half of the season

Might need Austin to do what Mckirdy did last season with the “rallying cry”. Was a catalyst for change and worked well.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 16:31:10 »

"We worked our bollocks off, oops sorry.."  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 17:23:20 »

Something else I just remembered from last night. There was a chant of 'how shit must you be, we're winning away'. I found it odd as we won our last away game and didn't think our away record was too bad.

If anything it's at home we really need to sort things out, it's been an achilles heel for a while now, starring with the Charlie Austin game on 14th January.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 17:26:24 »

Any Town fans witness anything.

Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User

Re: Swindon Town at home THURSDAY 29th December
« Reply #113 on: Today at 13:24:28 »
Quote from: Shoemender on Today at 12:32:44
Disappointing outcome to a game we had enough chances to win. Too many players had off days; Odimayo, Sherring and McGowan particularly. For their second, gave him far too much room and no one got a challenge in, should never have been allowed to get a shot away so easily. That's 3 games in a row now where we've conceded first, with 3 deteriorating outcomes.
If we'd managed to convert one of our many chances or made the most of one of our many corners before they scored, we'd have won that. Impressive away support. Pity we can't take that many 70 odd miles up the road.
 Looked like something was kicking off at The Walter Tull as we walked past after the game, quite a large group outside with another group inside/at the entrance with a lot of shouting and pushing and shoving with police inbetween. Not sure who was inside and who was outside. Anyone there?
Northampton at the door. A slightly more numerous group of Swindon (mostly youth) who apparently hadn't gone to the game and had been in the Bowling (of all devoid places to drink!) gesticulating and trying

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #402 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 17:31:59 »

Wasn't trouble, a Town fan was hit by a car
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 17:34:05 »

Not good, nothing too serious I hope.

So, give no fucks
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 17:55:53 »

Weird reading some of these comments and the defence being slated. I haven’t done the research, but it feels as if this is one of our better defensive records in recent years.

It’s not why things feel so flat this year

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: