Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cobblers v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 21636 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:09:09 »

Nah fair play to him, if I’d been getting abused for weeks I wouldn’t give a fuck about going over to the fans either.

Been fucking dross to watch, they’ve all been getting abused. Fuck him and the others if it’s too much to come over to 1400 fans. Footballs a short career, enjoy the wins when you get them, instead of being a sulky jumped up child.

Austin’s interview interesting re manager also.  “ “Clem [Morfuni] was the person that I did the deal with and if it wasn’t for him I don’t think the deal would have gone through, because he took total control of it.

“I didn’t need to speak to the manager until after the deal was done, but from what we spoken about so far it has been fine.”

Probs not the only case of the manager not having a say, completely different circumstances with this particular deal though.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:09:30 »

I don't frequent FB or Twitter, so maybe that is where this comes from, but where is the abuse towards Lindsey?  I know a few on here don't rate him, but I haven't really seen anything reaching abuse type levels.

I think we can probably do better, but I do think the squad that has been recruited is a poor one (relative to expectations)..  Other than maybe a couple of games, nobody has dominated us, but equally we haven't done so, other than two matches.  That's the hand the squad deals you I think.  A good Manager maybe extracts a few more points, I doubt much though - we are neatly in the competent and random section that makes up places 4 to 18 or so in this Division every year.  He has us in the play off mix which I'd have as slightly above par for the squad, so has done OK.  I think some of that is more luck than judgement side, but you take it, like this match.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:11:33 by RobertT » Logged
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:10:49 »

Fair enough.
Not sure many would share that opinion but if that’s how you see it…

I always thought he was liability.

Same, moaned about him loads on here, and he was a liability at times. But I don’t see how people can watch Macdonald and say he’s an improvement. Everytime he’s on ball it looks as if he’s gonna lose it. This whole thing about him not being able to pass would be fine if we played hoof ball from the back. But we attempt to play it out and he simply cannot play it out.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:12:16 »

MacDonald would have been perfect for Flitcroft's team, dare I say it, he would have improved that one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:12:16 »

I really couldn't give a shit if the manager covers over and claps or not.

It would be wise to remember some do, and that not all of them are of the negative type towards him.

we all know how football works, go on a run and "we are Lindsey's red and white army" will echo around the stands
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:12:29 »

Same, moaned about him loads on here, and he was a liability at times. But I don’t see how people can watch Macdonald and say he’s an improvement. Everytime he’s on ball it looks as if he’s gonna lose it. This whole thing about him not being able to pass would be fine if we played hoof ball from the back. But we attempt to play it out and he simply cannot play it out.

Probably not an improvement on the ball
Probably an improvement off the ball
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:13:44 »

I don't frequent FB or Twitter, so maybe that is where this comes from, but where is the abuse towards Lindsey?  I know a few on here don't rate him, but I haven't really seen anything reaching abuse type levels.

I think we can probably do better, but I do think the squad that has been recruited is a poor one (relative to expectations)..  Other than maybe a couple of games, nobody has dominated us, but equally we haven't done so, other than two matches.  That's the hand the squad deals you I think.  A good Manager maybe extracts a few more points, I doubt much though - we are neatly in the competent and random section that makes up places 4 to 18 or so in this Division every year.  He has us in the play off mix which I'd have as slightly above par for the squad, so has done OK.  I think some of that is more luck than judgement side, but you take it, like this match.

100%. Bang on.

Far too many average players been recruited. 1 or 2 I can accept as you can’t get it all right with a squad overhaul, but it’s waaaay more than 1 or 2, it’s more like 5 or 6.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:14:38 »

MacDonald would have been perfect for Flitcroft's team, dare I say it, he would have improved that one.

Oliver Lancashire and Chris Robertson really was something to make your eyes bleed.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:15:31 »

I'm not aware of Lindsey getting abuse on this forum but many including myself are not sure if he is the right man to get us promoted and let's not forget he supposedly wasn't the firdt choice and the appointment dragged on for ages.

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:15:53 »

It would be wise to remember some do, and that not all of them are of the negative type towards him.

we all know how football works, go on a run and "we are Lindsey's red and white army" will echo around the stands

As someone watching and reading from a far, what does seem to have come across is a complete disconnect between him and the fans though.  It's like he disregards the need to rally the fans and the fans have never bothered to put any effort in for him because of the way he fell into the job.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:18:12 »

All well and good when he wants to bang his chest after shithousing a 1 nil win at home on a Tuesday night, but goes on a poor run of form, performances in the bin, persisting with players, gets called out and all of a sudden he don’t like it. Clapping the fans is a norm. 1450 on a weeknight is unreal. Isn’t just Lindsey though, his two mates and Mildy couldn’t be arsed either. All the players did mind. Imagine that, management have had a conversation to not go over to fans with players 😂😂😂😂.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:19:21 »

I'm not aware of Lindsey getting abuse on this forum but many including myself are not sure if he is the right man to get us promoted and let's not forget he supposedly wasn't the firdt choice and the appointment dragged on for ages.

I agree. “Abused” really is taking it too far. Very snowflakey.
SpeakingFluentPeroni

« Reply #387 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:21:53 »

I think it’s good management by him not going over and allowing the players get the plaudits. Who gives a fuck if a manager comes over?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:24:17 »

Quote from: RobertT
As someone watching and reading from a far, what does seem to have come across is a complete disconnect between him and the fans though.  It's like he disregards the need to rally the fans and the fans have never bothered to put any effort in for him because of the way he fell into the job.

I agree that there's a disconnect like you say.

He has been very guarded in post match to not criticise the fans imo.

Which makes not acknowledging them at the end of a game more strange.

@mango. yes I suppose it is a strange thing to have discussed if that's what's happened.

still doesn't bother me personally. not sure what's to be achieved by taking that approach though
DMC

« Reply #389 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 15:24:25 »

No abuse apart from a few boos. I actually think considering our home form he has got away with alot and abuse free
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: