Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19337 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:19:14 »

But why don’t the midfield take a risk? Because of Lindsey’s mantra of pass, pass, pass. Better to go backwards, recycle and start the whole boring process again. Just what’s the point. It’s obviously not working at all as far as entertaining the fans is concerned.

Is this really what Clem wants? It sure ain’t what I want.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:25:50 »

No team in the lower leagues would sack a manager whilst the team is 5th. He isnt going anywhere
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:28:23 »

But why don’t the midfield take a risk? Because of Lindsey’s mantra of pass, pass, pass. Better to go backwards, recycle and start the whole boring process again. Just what’s the point. It’s obviously not working at all as far as entertaining the fans is concerned.

Is this really what Clem wants? It sure ain’t what I want.

Yeah, true. Just really can’t see anyone else getting this team promoted. Suppose with some additions in January, who knows? Austin coming in with the lack of service though is not the answer, will just be frustrating watching a goalscorer of his talent getting fuck all to work with
stfcben

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:29:46 »

Not usually one to comment, win or lose, but that result has annoyed me greatly.

It's the manner of it more than anything else. Aside from a few reasonable spells, and generally holding on to the ball more than Walsall, I cannot honestly say we deserved to win it. However, we got a goal and from there I can see no excuses that we did not go on to win the game. Walsall offered nothing - a side defending and performing with guts and heart would have seen that out - instead we are looking back on a defeat that I feel we've just handed them on a plate.

Gutless is a word I would used to describe today's showing. It was joyless too.

I watched the Barrow match on iFollow and thought we were superb for large swathes of the game; I was really encouraged. Today I watched from amongst the faithful in the stands & left feeling angry. There are no excuses for losing that game. Walsall were not deserving of a victory, did not play good football, never looked like scoring based on their own endeavours and yet they walked away from the County Ground with a win. How in God's name have Walsall won that?

But then ... what did we really offer down the other end ... very little indeed.

Ah, I'm just gutted and spouting off ... but this league really is shite ... & I can't believe we can't put a side like Walsall to the sword.

Onto the next one ... COYR
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:30:15 »

No team in the lower leagues would sack a manager whilst the team is 5th. He isnt going anywhere

You’re right, however it’s such a false position. Very easy to say “if x wins their game in hand” etc, but it isn’t just one side with a game in hand. Everyone below us has at least one and they’re bound to win some. Realistically we’ll probably be around 8-10th once they’re all played, which isn’t horrific, but certainly is not where we should be at the half way point.
stfcben

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:32:07 »

Yeah, true. Just really can’t see anyone else getting this team promoted. Suppose with some additions in January, who knows? Austin coming in with the lack of service though is not the answer, will just be frustrating watching a goalscorer of his talent getting fuck all to work with

This (based on what I saw today) is my concern re Charlie also ...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #246 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:34:20 »

This (based on what I saw today) is my concern re Charlie also ...
TBH I think most of us have had the exact same thought when it was announced that we were in for Charlie, no balls into the box then no goals even if you play Haaland he wouldnt score many in this team.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:35:12 »

Quote from: Nemo
Exactly half way done for the season, 23 games in. We're fifth, although three points ahead of 10th and every team below us has a game in hand, and 8 points off third. It's not disastrous, but we're going to need a good January to catch up with Northampton and Stevenage.

as they said on BBC, half way through, 35 points.

70 is no guarantee of playoffs
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:37:05 »

Gut punch that. Walsall a good side

organised but a bit long ball.. I'd put them in the 'ok' category.

they do however have all 3 points, and that is so that matters
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:37:54 »

An unlucky own goal and a defensive lapse (undoubtedly not helped by FBT being off the pitch) and hey ho a home defeat.

Have to say the very obvious factor of a lower league manager in Flynn having far more tactical nous in his team set up to negate our toothless strike force than Lindsey can set up to win against sides like Walsall now points to the many of this forum questioning his managerial abilities.

Without a doubt our injuries have not helped, and the January window must be used judiciously or it is more huff and puff and in all probability Divvy 2 again next season.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:44:41 »

Fourth, two points better off but with the team in third (Northampton again) a lot closer.

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/LeagueTable.asp?Date=2022-1-11&Season=2021-2022&Tier=4&TableType=standard

We'd scored ten goals more, and conceded six more.

ha, seem to be totally replying to Nemo posts today. he must have made the best posts...

we aren't much worse off than last season. A lot better off than rivers Rovers were I'd guess.

the season is far from dead.

but we had to win 5 from 6 to scrape the playoffs. god knows what rovers did!

can't see us doing that again. but until January is done who knows
DMC

« Reply #251 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:50:57 »

Absolute dog shit. Sort midfield out, sort left back out, and get some strikers in.

That defence is under constant threat, not due to being poor but because our midfield offers nothing at all. The irony of Darcy setting up Ellis for a goal because they were defensively out of position in the first place should not be missed.  Don't get me started on the subs, i can't accept one up front and like for like subs when we are chasing a win at home it's not good enough 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 17:58:07 »

I was just going to write about one up front. Wakeling can't do it.

I can see RHM may not be fit enough to start. You can obviously push a shade or whoever up but I can see why you may not.

I don't get the sub either. Shade or Darcy could have been subbed and gone to 2 up top. We'd watched 60 minutes of Walsall center backs defending high balls and with strength. 

They looked vulnerable to pace, but we couldn't exploit it because they had numerical advantage to cover.

grrr
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 18:03:12 »

No good berating Walsall’s hoofing. We’re no better how we play. As I said earlier, it’s just a different end of the same shitty stick. In all honesty, I’d prefer hoofing to the stuff Lindsey has us attempting.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 18:07:05 »

75 is sometimes tight

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: