Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20140 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:35:29 »

another wank performance at home. utter shit
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:35:36 »

What’s the point of signing Austin if Lindsey has got his head up his arse?

It’s exactly what we all thought when he was appointed.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:35:42 »

Gut punch that. Walsall a good side, we'll lose to worse this season, but that's two brutal sucker punches in injury time of each half, neither really structural issues, just things that happen sometimes happening at the worst possible time. Not blaming Lindsey for those, but the ongoing lack of structured attacking play is something he's much more culpable for.

Kudos to the 10,000. Roll on January, we're not badly placed, and there's a huge amount that can improve about our team.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:35:47 »

Taxi for Lindsey.

Just not good enough - nowhere near. Never has been.

10,000 deserve much more than this drivel.

I think the main one is how unexciting we are attacking wise. If we were great entertainment value, but a concede a lot as well I think I would feel more patient. However, given the timing is it worth it? What would another manager with our squad do hugely differently? I think he is here for the season.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:36:10 »

I fully agree the manager has to go.  His entire philosophy seems to be not to lose instead of trying to win.  It was apparent in this match when town is dominating and you don’t shift your formation to get more attack to get the winning goal.  1 player on the top is not enough to score obviously so adding another was needed but there is risk in that he is not willing to do.  He cares more about trying to not lose his job and his tactics are going to do that for him anyway.  
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:38:03 »

They don't deserve the numbers that turn up each home game. We look shite.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:38:28 »

Looks like it’s all going to depend on January’s business now. Like Steak Supper said, our flicky-tricky lightweights just get bullied too often by harder sides.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:38:31 »

What’s the point of signing Austin if Lindsey has got his head up his arse?

It’s exactly what we all thought when he was appointed.

I’m hoping, if the rumours that Clem has over ruled SL and SDM to sign Austin are true, that it may be the beginning of the end.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:38:37 »

I think the main one is how unexciting we are attacking wise. If we were great entertainment value, but a concede a lot as well I think I would feel more patient. However, given the timing is it worth it? What would another manager with our squad do hugely differently? I think he is here for the season.

I think another manager could use this personal to have a more creative and attacking philosophy.   At a minimum have an offensive plan.  They seem clueless every match once they get to offensive 1/3. Just don’t seem to know what to do
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:40:26 »

Exactly half way done for the season, 23 games in. We're fifth, although three points ahead of 10th and every team below us has a game in hand, and 8 points off third. It's not disastrous, but we're going to need a good January to catch up with Northampton and Stevenage.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:41:36 »

We are playing for the play offs. We are still in the mix - but not sure for now long
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #221 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:42:45 »

I am inclined to agree with that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:43:49 »

Exactly half way done for the season, 23 games in. We're fifth, although three points ahead of 10th and every team below us has a game in hand, and 8 points off third. It's not disastrous, but we're going to need a good January to catch up with Northampton and Stevenage.

How were we after 23 games last season?
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:44:01 »

Get that useless cunt Lindsay out of the club.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #224 on: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:44:26 »

I’m hoping, if the rumours that Clem has over ruled SL and SDM to sign Austin are true, that it may be the beginning of the end.
Sandro was on the radio pre game and said he would welcome Austin if the wages and deal was right.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: