Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barrow vs Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 14237 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 17:28:21 »

Saw that Adeloye chance on my phone. It should lead to an instant contract cancellation. And a £10k fine for Statto Sandro. WTAF

Apparently he was crying at full time. Seen mental health issues reported (speculation). If so, give some time off ala Ben Stokes. No point playing a player if he has big mental health issues so no point playing him as he is it’ll make things worse
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 17:29:44 »

it was a very welcome 3 points.

had we conceded it would have been the same argument, defence was very very isolated from the midfield, barrow had lots of counter attacks in the 2nd half so fair play to a probably fitness rusty mcdonald and fbt for deadling with that especially.

the midfield has big problems in it. i know we have injuries and that isn't our 1st choice but williams, iandolo, reed, darcy is about as lightweight and small as you could possibly get and its proper hard times when league 2 giants are getting balls pumped into them late on.

we are 4th, that's decent, albeit it very inflated due to majority teams having 1 or 2 games in hand. the consequences of losing when no one else is playing would have been massive.

the same worries remain just very relieved that we got the 3 points. is this turning a corner or mean we are going to go on an unbeaten stretch- 100% no but its one tiny step in the right direction.

molepar

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 17:29:49 »

I think that was a much better attacking performance than recent weeks. We looked like we had a lot more ideas going forwards and we’re unlucky not to have scored more. Plenty of big chances. Austin would have had a hatful today. Very impressed with Lavinier. FBT was excellent again. Hutton back to his earlier high performance levels. Defensively we looked assured too. I don’t know the stats but I feel like this team has probably had more clean sheets already than we did all last season?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 17:33:33 »

Apparently he was crying at full time. Seen mental health issues reported (speculation). If so, give some time off ala Ben Stokes. No point playing a player if he has big mental health issues so no point playing him as he is it’ll make things worse
Distraught apparently. Don’t forget his pass to set up RHM was a beaut.

He needs some support - not constant pelters.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 17:38:20 »

Sad to hear that about Tomi. I would love to see him do well. He will get a goal and once he gets over that first hurdle hopefully the floodgates will open. He may benefit from seeing a sports psychologist.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 17:51:43 »

Ideally he needs to go on loan to National League, play a few games and get his confidence back
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 17:56:59 »

You have to feel for squad players who very rarely get on the pitch, it must mess with your head/confidence irrespective how much they get paid.

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 18:02:36 »

You have to feel for squad players who very rarely get on the pitch, it must mess with your head/confidence irrespective how much they get paid.

The commentators at the time said the miss really showed him lacking confidence. trying to round the keeper is actual quite a confident thing to try.

The pitch was slow and sloppy it really wasn't the worst thing to attempt. at the end of the day he hasn't lost us any points. twitter comments react like he has missed a decisive playoff penalty. he will be better for a goal but to get him that opportunity he's going to need more than a couple of minute cameo it seems.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 18:09:54 »

The commentators at the time said the miss really showed him lacking confidence. trying to round the keeper is actual quite a confident thing to try.

The pitch was slow and sloppy it really wasn't the worst thing to attempt. at the end of the day he hasn't lost us any points. twitter comments react like he has missed a decisive playoff penalty. he will be better for a goal but to get him that opportunity he's going to need more than a couple of minute cameo it seems.

Well said, let him get a few games under his belt even as a late sub to build up his confidence.

So, give no fucks
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 18:14:42 »

Early Christmas family day today, so didn’t see/know anything about the game outside of the stats, will have to read back a bit more. Seems like there was a lot more positivity. The win the main thing of course  Beers, still some concern over the lack of goal threat by the looks of it.

Nice league table in the face of our poor form. Poor Tomi if that’s true, take some time off over Christmas lad, maybe talk to someone for some mental fitness.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 18:47:35 »

Distraught apparently. Don’t forget his pass to set up RHM was a beaut.

He needs some support - not constant pelters.
I'm not 100% sure it was a pass. I think it might have been a shot that went very wide. I'd need to see it again though to be sure.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 18:58:41 »

I'm not 100% sure it was a pass. I think it might have been a shot that went very wide. I'd need to see it again though to be sure.

Definitely a pass.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 19:04:10 »

to be fair their keeper pulled off a few decent saves, on another day could have been a much bigger score.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 19:22:41 »

would really like to see adeloye do well.  what we have seen so far (but this isnt much) seems to say that league 2 might be too high a level for him.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 19:28:31 »

to be fair their keeper pulled off a few decent saves, on another day could have been a much bigger score.

Agreed, they also came close with header that went just past the post.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: