Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barrow vs Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 14489 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 19:39:12 »

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12770210/barrow-0-1-swindon-town-league-two-highlights

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 19:40:34 »

16 shots - we’d pay good money to see that happen at the County Ground.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 20:05:37 »

16 shots - we’d pay good money to see that happen at the County Ground.
Cheesy
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, December 17, 2022, 22:19:40 »

would really like to see adeloye do well.  what we have seen so far (but this isnt much) seems to say that league 2 might be too high a level for him.

Agreed. Just hope the mental health angle isn’t too hard. Anyone struggling mentally would be not the best at their job, football applies. Support should be there and we have to remember they’re human. Let’s hope that he recovers and the support is there as there must have been something there for us to look at him.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, December 18, 2022, 01:27:10 »

Big win. Entire back 4 very solid, FBT the pick.

Reed bossed the game, no shocks what a run of games can do. One of the best midfielders in the league. Williams brilliant. Iandolo battled well.

Horror miss from Adeloye but just as rotten to see our own player “distraught” at end of game after we’ve won. Needs a run of games for confidence and I imagine that won’t come here..?

How on earth are we 4th? 😂. Mad what a win can do. Big January window needed to stay in top 7.

Unreal effort from those that travelled today, more dedicated and more of a fan than most of us 👏.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, December 18, 2022, 09:26:10 »

Great credit to the team for grinding out the result in the 2nd half in difficult conditions.
Not the time to be getting too carried away.

A relatively small, mobile and technical midfield should run rings around opponents in this league if they aren't prepared to deal with it, as was the case in the 1st half yesterday.
Everyone put a shift in and an example of the whole being more than the sum of its parts, which needs to happen on a much more consistent basis if we are going to achieve anything this season.

Possibly Iandolo's best game of the season as well, which is a bonus. Needs to carry on at that same level now.
Maybe some players need a bit more time to settle back in after missing pretty much all of pre season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, December 18, 2022, 11:06:49 »

Looking forward to boxing day now.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, December 18, 2022, 11:18:45 »

As said above, FBT was really Impressive yesterday. Would like to think we're looking to do a deal with him/Burton to avoid a recall and getting him on a long term contract.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, December 18, 2022, 12:43:41 »

Looking forward to boxing day now.

Depending on how many Wallsall bring we may get 10,000

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, December 18, 2022, 13:18:37 »

As said above, FBT was really Impressive yesterday. Would like to think we're looking to do a deal with him/Burton to avoid a recall and getting him on a long term contract.

Sent from my XQ-AD51

I can’t imagine practically bottom of L1 Burton have any better defensive players than FBT.
They’d be stupid not to bring him back and play him.
We’d be the same in their shoes.

Only hope is they are massively over their wage budget and have to ship players out ASAP.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, December 18, 2022, 13:23:53 »

We started so brightly the first 15 to 20 mins, but we started to slip back in to the same old Swindon of late. To have still gone so long without a goal from open play is seriously worrying. The conditions may have played a part though.

I'm glad we got the win, but I clearly don't see it as encouraging as some. We still have so many injuries though.

Shame about Adeloye and his mental state, but as far as I can tell no one is sending him abuse. Its just a very natural response to a player that has shown nothing to say he isn't completely out of his depth here. Would stay off socials at a time like this.

No one is pissed off at him or giving him shit as far as I can see, its more being incredulous that this is what Sandros magic spreadsheet has targeted for us.  
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, December 18, 2022, 14:49:02 »

I’d say the young man’s attempt to round the keeper smacked of nothing but ill confidence. He simply didn’t seem to know what to do in the one on one, it wasn’t some calculated decision. Feel really bad for him on a human level, but in the cut and thrust of professional sport he just doesn’t seem to have it
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, December 18, 2022, 19:34:01 »

I’d say the young man’s attempt to round the keeper smacked of nothing but ill confidence. He simply didn’t seem to know what to do in the one on one, it wasn’t some calculated decision. Feel really bad for him on a human level, but in the cut and thrust of professional sport he just doesn’t seem to have it

The question is why isn't Parsons being given a chance.

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, December 18, 2022, 19:39:54 »

The question is why isn't Parsons being given a chance.
Because he has been given chances and is not above Adeloye in the pecking order.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, December 18, 2022, 19:42:44 »

Because he has been given chances and is not above Adeloye in the pecking order.

Then fans can't moan if he gets released without being given much of a chance.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: