Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Attendances  (Read 30776 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #120 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 14:43:50 »

Fuck Wrexham. Had enough already.
I am so glad you have come round to my way of thinking at last Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 14:56:30 »

Damn right. It’s a whole new level of a vomit inducing club.

* IMG_0074.jpeg (17.93 KB, 225x225 - viewed 123 times.)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:15:52 »

I don't doubt that the owners are good guys.

Part of it is jealously. Part of it is a variation on what happened at Chelsea. A 'new generation' of Chelsea fans arrived after Abramovich, adorned in their replica shirts, banging on about 'their' club despite having no idea of the history and the fact that Chelsea are the Millwall of West London. Wrexham are the Millwall of Wales. At their core, both horrible clubs with horrible fans. And to see them 'winning the lottery' is sick-making.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:20:38 »

To be fair to Wrexham, it’s the media that have wanked themselves silly over the fairytale.
I guess they had to move in from  Bournemouth eventually.

Wrexham are the Millwall of Wales. At their core, both horrible clubs with horrible fans. And to see them 'winning the lottery' is sick-making.

I guess we haven’t played Cardiff for a while, but I still recall them attacking Women & Kids at game at the CG, to me far worse than Wrexham
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:23:59 »

To be fair to Wrexham, it’s the media that have wanked themselves silly over the fairytale.
I guess they had to move in from  Bournemouth eventually.

I guess we haven’t played Cardiff for a while, but I still recall them attacking Women & Kids at game at the CG, to me far worse than Wrexham

Cardiff are bad but this sort of stuff puts Wrexham right up there for me!

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/wrexham-hooligans-fight-frightening-dublin-12050678
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:31:20 »

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2023/03/wales_wrexham_has_found_a_contractor_for_stadium_redevelopment

Getting a huge Grant from the Welsh Govt (via their local Council) of r25m.  They need to fund at least 8m themselves to get that grant.

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/23466202.wrexham-new-kop-stand-gets-25m-boost-wrexham-council/

Seems they linked it to other developments to get that.

Good job they didn't get the Levelling up money, instead went to a project that I am doing a load of work on, so happy days!!

TBH I am/was more interested in what they are incorporating within the stand, much as with the Town End it has a load of space at the rear and the CGI's suggest a deep building attached to the rear of the stand so was just interested what was going in there? 
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:34:08 »

https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2022/06/16/wrexham-reveals-designs-for-new-kop-stand/#:~:text=The%20design%20team%2C%20which%20will,form%20part%20of%20the%20design.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #127 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:37:34 »

Baadiff are a bunch of arseholes but for me Wrexham had some of the worst football violence I have ever encountered back in 86 when they were chasing women and kids and shirt wearing fans when we last played at the Racecourse Ground, horrible nasty pieces of work, the worst thing was there was only about 500 Town and 1,200 of them in the entire ground.

I stewarded Cardiff at the CG a few times from the mid 80s to the 00's and and they are indeed pretty nasty shits.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:39:40 »

You are forgetting Wrexham and their  Bandwagon fans.

It would be a bit odd if their crowds hadn't increased because of success, bit like any club in that scenario.

I don't get the hate (well its jealousy obvious), fair play to them.

The documentary was great as well
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:40:21 »

Ta, I realise I have become that prick I despise who asks other people to google stuff I am quite capable of finding myself.

Not as much as I was expecting in there, and they seem to be keeping a big lump of open space behind it which seems a bit strange, albeit I think there is scope to extend at the other end as well.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:43:35 »

It would be a bit odd if their crowds hadn't increased because of success, bit like any club in that scenario.

I don't get the hate (well its jealousy obvious), fair play to them.

The documentary was great as well

See posts above yours. Can't be arsed with self promoting shite.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 16:22:37 »

Baadiff are a bunch of arseholes but for me Wrexham had some of the worst football violence I have ever encountered back in 86 when they were chasing women and kids and shirt wearing fans when we last played at the Racecourse Ground, horrible nasty pieces of work, the worst thing was there was only about 500 Town and 1,200 of them in the entire ground.

I stewarded Cardiff at the CG a few times from the mid 80s to the 00's and and they are indeed pretty nasty shits.
I’d imagine our visit there on a Tuesday evening cup game in 1981 haven’t endeared them to us. Was the worst trouble I’ve seen Town fans initiate.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 18:28:21 »

I don't doubt that the owners are good guys.

Part of it is jealously. Part of it is a variation on what happened at Chelsea. A 'new generation' of Chelsea fans arrived after Abramovich, adorned in their replica shirts, banging on about 'their' club despite having no idea of the history and the fact that Chelsea are the Millwall of West London. Wrexham are the Millwall of Wales. At their core, both horrible clubs with horrible fans. And to see them 'winning the lottery' is sick-making.
If their new fans are people living in North Wales and buying Wrexham shirts instead of Man Utd or Liverpool, who are a big draw in that area, that's no bad thing.

We wouldn't moan if we had a big injection of cash and sold more Swindon shirts locally and the Saturday trains to watch Chelsea or Spurs were a bit quieter.
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 18:38:07 »

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2023/03/wales_wrexham_has_found_a_contractor_for_stadium_redevelopment

Getting a huge Grant from the Welsh Govt (via their local Council) of r25m.  They need to fund at least 8m themselves to get that grant.

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/23466202.wrexham-new-kop-stand-gets-25m-boost-wrexham-council/

Seems they linked it to other developments to get that.
Spunking money with Hollywood millionaires and the taxpayer footing the bill for stadium, doesn't sit right with me.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 08:58:45 »

I know there is some chat on the Transfer rumours site but I thought I'd try and defer it to here if possible;

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/swit.htm

This suggests based on historic attendances we are 55/92

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: