Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFT's and Bradford  (Read 9176 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 10:54:51 »

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/currencies/nft-market-crypto-digital-assets-investors-messari-mainnet-currency-tokens-2023-9
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 10:55:41 »

Bradford?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 10:57:33 »

Bradford?

I'd forgotten that they had a go at Bradford first TBH
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:00:38 »

I'd forgotten that they had a go at Bradford first TBH

Actually that's my bad - I thought this was a new thread and didn't realise it was the first post on page 2!! I've now read back - ignore me!! Smiley

Did you happen to see Crawley's accounts released yesterday?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:02:23 »

Did you happen to see Crawley's accounts released yesterday?

Nope, but their owners website doesn't fill me with confidence... https://wagmiunited.com/
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:04:11 »

Non Tangible Stuffs worth fuck all after internet hype shocker.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 12:18:51 »

Probably a big point that is missing is that many of them will indeed be worthless because a lot have been given away for free. A lot of businesses use/used them as marketing material - take a popular TV show and the next season coming out, they would give free/claimable NFTs to fans of said show. I think in that example, it was more to do with the collectible element but they were literally free.

Obviously there is a often market corrections and I do agree that the value of the oft commented ''Crypto Punks'' were at an overinflated value. But like any art, that value really only ever lies with what someone is prepared to pay for it of course. What I think is valueless, someone else will think is worth remortgaging their house for [not financial advice]. Kandinsky's Concentric Circles has never been something I admire but millions of people around the world love his work. I enjoy stuff by David Hockney but others can't stand multiple paintings of trees.

When new versions of exchange of value come in, there will always be some boom but there will always be people who can't or don't want to adapt. That's fine, but people should allow a space to evolve rather than bashing something they often haven't even dipped their toes into.

Hey ho that's the way it goes  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 12:48:45 »

Isn't the major issue with NFT's that they don't follow the same rules as the physical art form - that being that 99.99% of everything ever produced in the name of art is shit and worthless, like every painting I ever did in school art class.  NFT's come from the opposite viewpoint, that everything chucked on the internet is somehow worth something, just because the creators think it is.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: