Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Youth football  (Read 7857 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 13:56:20 »

The season goes from disaster to disaster, not least the lack of a win still!  Performances are better, and maybe tonight we get one as we play one of the local teams (we seem to get the leftovers after some other nearby locations take the kids who take it seriously).

Anyway, a fair chunk of training sessions have been cancelled as the pitch is on a flood plain.  Last night, after two days of no rain, it is good to go.  All sessions cancelled due to an active shooter escaping the police in Atlanta.

I know!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:04:52 »

The season goes from disaster to disaster, not least the lack of a win still!  Performances are better, and maybe tonight we get one as we play one of the local teams (we seem to get the leftovers after some other nearby locations take the kids who take it seriously).

Anyway, a fair chunk of training sessions have been cancelled as the pitch is on a flood plain.  Last night, after two days of no rain, it is good to go.  All sessions cancelled due to an active shooter escaping the police in Atlanta.

I know!

Our Corporate HQ got locked down becasue of that active shooter as well - that is the part of living in the US that I don't miss.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 19:02:07 »

Not only did my shocking record get overlooked when being offered the chance to take on the Under 16's (my son moved up an age group), but they asked if I could stick with the Under 14's as well.  Turns out I am not the worst coach either - one of the new mums asked if I thought we'd score a goal this season, seems her sons team didn't even manage that in their games (it's only 10 games - Spring season and then Autumn, they die if they play in Summer).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 19:17:08 »

English accent and insistence it is called football. Can't go wrong
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 19:22:19 »

English accent and insistence it is called football. Can't go wrong

Funny you should say that, another parent did indeed call out that they were very happy to have me as coach because I was English so must know what I was talking about.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 11:58:21 »

Not only did my shocking record get overlooked when being offered the chance to take on the Under 16's (my son moved up an age group), but they asked if I could stick with the Under 14's as well.  Turns out I am not the worst coach either - one of the new mums asked if I thought we'd score a goal this season, seems her sons team didn't even manage that in their games (it's only 10 games - Spring season and then Autumn, they die if they play in Summer).
Swindon Town Head Coach in about 5 years then?
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, August 26, 2023, 11:10:06 »

U18’s Town 4-1 up currently against Oxford. Kanu hat trick
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: