Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Youth football  (Read 7855 times)
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 18:14:09 »

I coach our local U8s and absolutely love it. Great seeing you develop kids with their ball skills but also the social side where some of the boys confidence rockets from just being involved. Also I’m a tactical genius 😎
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 20:26:34 »

Good work Rob, always happy to pop out to Alpharetta if you need support Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 20:35:51 »

We lost!  BUT, only 2-1, conceding the winner with 2 minutes to go from a 50/50 Penalty decision (handball from a ball that bounced up).

That's very harsh! I don't know many refs or coaches that would award that against a child.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 05:26:38 »

My lad is 7 this week, does anyone know of any local football groups/clubs in Swindon (preferrably East Swindon area)? Thanks
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 07:06:46 »

My lad is 7 this week, does anyone know of any local football groups/clubs in Swindon (preferrably East Swindon area)? Thanks

Robins FC train at New College on a Friday night
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 07:43:44 »

Update for you all, as I am sure many of you were riveted to see if I got the sack before Sandro, we had out 3rd game this past weekend (fortunately at the same time as the Barrow game!).

Now, the first two games were a 5 and 7 goal drubbing respectively.

We switched to a 5-3-2 and the lad identified above was moved to play Sweeper (old skool) for the minutes he was on the pitch (have to rotate everyone).

We also have one small kid who is Tazmanian Devil - technique is under development but he does love nipping at ankles/shins/testicles - anything he can kick really.  Had him and my son rotate the holding midfield role with a briefing to run themselves into the ground creating mayhem.

We lost!  BUT, only 2-1, conceding the winner with 2 minutes to go from a 50/50 Penalty decision (handball from a ball that bounced up).

I know, it's a results game, but the kids were actually very pleased with themselves.  We had two really good practice sessions in the week, working on a lot of the basics and defending skills.

Tough game away this weekend (some of the teams we play have paid for coaches!), but then 2 or 3 games after that against teams not too dissimilar to ours.  Maybe we get that elusive win.

Been stateside too long, if you’re referring to training as practice

Things get better but they never get good
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 07:52:34 »

Robins FC train at New College on a Friday night

Cheers, I’ll look into that 👍🏻
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 08:32:09 »

Cheers, I’ll look into that 👍🏻

Have you spoken to Pies?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 08:57:02 »

Have you spoken to Pies?

no, not yet. good shout, cheers.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 12:01:25 »

Been stateside too long, if you’re referring to training as practice

6 and a half years!  Fuck me.

I constantly have to say two words, with the kids looking utterly confused at times:

Bibs = Pinnies
Pitch = Field
Cross = Serve (although I think I've won that one, they seem to understand the first word)

I'm a little worried for this weekend.  After the Euphoria of a nearly win, they were all over the place last night in Training (!), like herding cats.  No focus whatsoever.  First time I've really had to shout at them.  Channeling a bit of inner Morris.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:52:39 »

6 and a half years!  Fuck me.

I constantly have to say two words, with the kids looking utterly confused at times:

Bibs = Pinnies
Pitch = Field
Cross = Serve (although I think I've won that one, they seem to understand the first word)

I'm a little worried for this weekend.  After the Euphoria of a nearly win, they were all over the place last night in Training (!), like herding cats.  No focus whatsoever.  First time I've really had to shout at them.  Channeling a bit of inner Morris.

You need to eat more Burgers and Donuts and go all Steve Evans...

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 14:00:32 »

Just don't channel your inner Paolo!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 14:14:35 »

Have you got one of those big Gatorade bucket things rob?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 15:58:51 »

No - but my wife did a go a bit nuts and we have loads of cones, bibs, balls etc.  They supply you anything you need, but she couldn't wait around for it!

I swore in front of them - which made some jaws drop and other snigger.  They don't really hear people swear much - most of them are in Catholic schools or have church going parents.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 16:04:15 »

I swore in front of them - which made some jaws drop and other snigger.  

Funnily enough the same thing happens in the workplace.

Was in Chicago. Boss (also rob) was sticking nose in during an intense debugging session and one of our lot loudly said "just fuck off Rob!"*. Never seen such quick loss of eye contact and slamming of office doors!

* he knew how it was meant.
------
Anyway, disappointing to hear you won't be getting a Gator' shower at the end of the season
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: