Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread 22/23  (Read 16718 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 07:04:17 »

Fucking get in, back to back wins and nice to win away again. Second half best performance of the season, enjoyed it and we absolutely bossed it. Donny poor today and offered fuck all but end of day, they was at right end of table and 3pts is 3pts.

First half fucking dross, boring, both teams shit. Second half different story. Brynn solid won everything, Clayton and Baudry won virtually everything, Hutton looked good today, midfield solid - Reed and Williams back to their best, Wakeling unreal. He runs more than Jerry Yates imo, great goal and some quality tackles to win ball back. Shade shocking in first half, much better in second. Lindsey's name sang right from the start and got louder as game went on, come straight to fans at end. Am I fully sold on him? Not yet, but said from day one look how he speaks, only a prick would want him to fail. Hope he laps up every bit of today. Class support too, best it’s been this season.

First time I’ve watched us and been properly convinced/impressed with the performance, never looked like conceding, onwards and upwards hopefully.

Would go along with this.
Shade first half was so frustrating, carved up so much space on our build ups, gave him width and either lost possession or came back inside.
Second half he made some runs that’s what has been missing so far.
Gladwin has stepped up, once again at the heart of everything we did. Wakeling chased down everything and thought the ref made a few incorrect decisions against him, although he never stopped.

Just needed to score first and the defence were rarely troubled. I think we all expected a tougher game. You can see they are struggling in confidence.
Some of their free kick deliveries were absolutely shite.

No player stood out more than others, a convincing team performance.
Jephcott without doubt a player in there, once match fit will contribute with goals, positive about that.

Apart from the M18 congestion it was a decent day.
Pleased for Lindsey, loved his celebrations with the away fans at the end. Came over to the fans before he went to the players, genuinely from the heart and expressing his thanks. That meant something to him yesterday.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 07:34:10 »

I was thinking that myself as he expresses himself really well for a young man.

a 30 year old man
DMC

« Reply #287 on: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 08:44:23 »

a 30 year old man
A young man still
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 08:51:07 »

A young man still

100% agree still a young man with an older head on his shoulders.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 08:58:07 »

Not really read back, been a bit busy, however I noted that Iandolo was on the bench, good to see.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 09:01:43 »

Not really read back, been a bit busy, however I noted that Iandolo was on the bench, good to see.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 09:49:54 »

It would seem that the conversation is becoming more favourable towards the team as a whole, individual players and the manager though it’s fair to say for some the jury is still out. 4 out of six over the next two games would be good leap forward for everyone.
DMC

« Reply #292 on: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 10:17:26 »

It would seem that the conversation is becoming more favourable towards the team as a whole, individual players and the manager though it’s fair to say for some the jury is still out. 4 out of six over the next two games would be good leap forward for everyone.
I agree with this. What we could do with is a bit of a rallying cry like McKirdy gave the fans last year. Get the fans onside from the kick off. That last 5 games last year was huge and think if we did something quite early we could get a bit of momentum going
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 21:15:26 »

He will be a manager one day.

I don’t know if it’s a deliberate effort from within, but I’ve been suprised by how much Gladwin has came across as the elder statesmen /senior head within the squad. Not just in interviews, you see it on the pitch too

Things get better but they never get good
DMC

« Reply #294 on: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 22:16:40 »

I don’t know if it’s a deliberate effort f :soapy tit wank:rom within, but I’ve been suprised by how much Gladwin has came across as the elder statesmen /senior head within the squad. Not just in interviews, you see it on the pitch too
Yeah i wonder if it's something he wants to do in the future so has taken it upon himself
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 23:23:01 »

I expected he’s probably had some good solid advice whilst dealing with his career shortening/altering injuries.
He’d have been foolish to think he’d come back the same player. Any dynamism he once had is definitely gone now. He’s changed his game and possibly his mindset too.

Obviously not comparable on talent/level but Roy Keane did the same at United. People often forget how box to box he was in his earlier United career & how many goals he got. Wasn’t till he got a bit older and had done his cruciate that he became more of a holding midfielder.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 09:35:57 »

Interesting how Gladwin mentioned how his game has changed, and he thinks more of the team now than himself.

Personally, I want a bit of the old Gladwin back. The one who shot from distance and tried to make things happen. I know it's not always on, and there needs to be a balance, but it's almost as if he's lost a bit on confidence in the final 3rd.

It's fine always playing the extra pass if we have an abundance of firepower, but we don't currently. Him chipping in could be really valuable.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 09:57:48 »

I think his dodgy knees have put doubt in his mind when it comes to his old shoot on sight policy unfortunately.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 09:58:25 »

I also took that he he has at to change the way he plays because of injuries so can't do what he used to do.

So, give no fucks
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 10:05:19 »

He is not a young man anymore and the way he plays now takes that into account
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: