Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread 22/23  (Read 16737 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #300 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 10:11:41 »

And as usual the thoughts of Donny fans on their forum.

Fuck me I did 10 mins reading and now I want to slash my wrists in sympathy for them! what a bunch of moaners, worse than their neighbours Bradford when we beat them last time, Yorkshire must be an utterly miserable place to live.

Have to agree,  today was like watching a Conference side against a league 1 team hoping they stumble across a chance to score a goal. I have no idea what the managers game plan is, we can't string 3 or 4 passes together, we are unbelievably slow, we either pass back or hit it long to our lone striker, there is no urgency, we may as well not play Taylor as we don't give him the ball & he spent more time defending, we are at home, in league 2, it's absolutely shocking.

Swindon had players persistently in space & passed through us with ease. Every side I have watched us play have a plan & play as a unit. In the first couple of games I thought this team had at least  a bit of character, that has disappeared in the last 3 games. Anyway I blame George Miller for everything.

Swindon were not a good side, but we made them look one.
Mitchell pulling off some superb saves whilst their keeper pulled up a chair and read the paper. Mitchell also needs to distribute the ball a lot quicker. Watching him spend epochs to kick the ball just adds to the general malaise and apathy about the place, instilled by the manager.

Abysmal. Team like a bunch of disorganised seaside donkeys. Swindon showed how the game should be played with pace and accurate passing.

Swindon deserved the win,I’m not sure how much of the ball we touched in the first half? We did do slightly better in the second, but only slightly. Gutted.

Swindon had players persistently in space & passed through us with ease. Every side I have watched us play have a plan & play as a unit.

Thought Louis Reed played well today, another one that got away, or we allowed to, whichever. Also thought their number 10 Darcy was excellent, energy, forward thinking, & box to box.

Their lad down the flank was decent, Shade i think? Also the bloke with the bald head and long beard who had that rasping shot second half from well out that Mitchell tipped over. Looked decent. Overall a side full of decent players but without quite having that danger up top or cutting edge.

He ought to, he's got 33 international caps, and will be off to the World Cup later this year.

Weird career, Jonny Williams. Has always looked a quality player whenever I’ve seen him but was never really trusted at Palace and bounced around on loan a lot before having a decent couple of years with Charlton. No idea what he’s doing at Swindon now, surely could be playing a league or arguably even two above.

So why he's only managed to secure a deal at a 4th tier team though is beyond me. Although as Nick suggests above, he does seem to be one of those players, like Joe Allen, who plays best when, and puts a big priority on being, happy at a club, so maybe that explains it.

On his popularity with Welsh fans there was a clip on Twitter today from one of the member of the Swindon Town staff. They'd stopped off at some services on the way home, at the same time a coach-load of Cardiff fans had also stopped there. Williams was duly mobbed by them, and they were chanting his name as he got back on the Town bus.

if Reed was that good someone might have poached him by now from Swindon. We probably just made them look better

Swindon were a side completely devoid of any cutting edge or attacking intent yet won comfortably. That 1st half was so incredibly tedious - Rovers were terrible; Swindon playing pointless, boring keep ball.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 10:45:42 »

Fuck me I did 10 mins reading and now I want to slash my wrists in sympathy for them! what a bunch of moaners, worse than their neighbours Bradford when we beat them last time, Yorkshire must be an utterly miserable place to live.

…still trying to undo the complete and utter shit show the previous manager left them with…
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 11:13:01 »

What are your thoughts on Orient's good start to the season DV?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 11:18:55 »

Last two comments a tad bitter aint they? 

They tried signing Reed and had him most of pre season before we swept in, wellens wanted but couldn't afford, shite budget that season, manager after did even worse didn't he?

As for swindon offering nothing, second half we absolutely bossed it, they were nearly as poor as rochdale.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 11:19:52 »

😂😂😂😂😂
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 11:30:07 »

Good is being harsh!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DMC

« Reply #306 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 13:18:04 »

Really interested to see what happens with Wellens. My argument for not having him back is i do not think he is that loyal so i cant wait to see if someone comes in for him in a month or so to see what happens
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 13:21:41 »

I’m intrigued to see how they do, if Wellens stays and how well he does should he get up them up into L1 and stays

…only one team has taken points of them this season
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 13:48:21 »

I’m intrigued to see how they do, if Wellens stays and how well he does should he get up them up into L1 and stays

Apparently manager of the month,  that’ll help change things.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 13:51:58 »

Should see them drop some points now😀

So, give no fucks
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, September 19, 2022, 14:15:42 »

He'll ditch them for Wrexham after a poor start or something like that.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: