Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread 22/23  (Read 16734 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 18:48:36 »

One happy manager

So, give no fucks
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 18:56:45 »

What's the third line to the We've got Super Scotty Lindsay chant btw?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 18:59:04 »

Doncaster were poor, void of ideas and lacking in confidence.
Always felt if we could score first we would win the game. Their fans were already on their backs at halftime. They created nothing.

Swindon looked like a decent footballing side but with nothing up top. Playing one up top is still questionable but what do I know with a win and clean sheet.
Jonny Williams nearly scored a worldy but for the finger tips of the keeper. Really difficult to pull a MOTM out of that, it was an overall satisfactory team performance.

Lindsey was loving that at the end a sole celebration in front of the travelling fans before the players joined in. A decent day on the road with a decent turn out from Swindon.
Minute silence impeccable from both sets of fans 🙌
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 19:00:24 »

What's the third line to the We've got Super Scotty Lindsay chant btw?

We’ve got super Scotty Lindsey,
He knows exactly what we need,
MacDonald at the back,
Wakeling in attack,
Swindon’s gonna win the fucking league

I think?
DMC

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 19:21:26 »

One happy manager

I love that at 4 min 30 secs.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 19:26:15 »

How chuffed was he with the fans singing his name.

Can’t dislike the fella.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 19:30:37 »

I love that at 4 min 30 secs.

You made me watch it again!
Definitely comes across as decent genuine person.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 19:39:58 »

He talks really well

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 20:40:10 »

You made me watch it again!
Definitely comes across as decent genuine person.

You just want him to succeed, why wouldn’t you.
If a Manager does well, then clearly the club does well.

Was actually made up for him after the game today, you could see it meant so much.

Football is fickle, it’s mercenary. Hope Lindsey is loving that tonight, I’m sure he will be.
Great to catch up with Kyle Knoyle’s Dad as well before the game, real character.
DMC

« Reply #279 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 21:07:50 »

He talks really well

He will be a manager one day.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 21:12:26 »

Very pleased to hear him sounding upbeat and great to see him get back to back wins. I have always thought he was much more likeable and genuine than Garner. I never particularly warmed to Garner. Maybe because he just spouted rubbish about how many penalties we should have had each game and he never came out with anything showing any sense of passion towards the club which is quite the opposite of what we get with Lindsey. After the end of the transfer window I said to myself I would give SL 8 games and then make my mind up. We have had 3 games, 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 clean sheets (albeit a very disappointing draw against Gills) but overall he is doing well so far.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 21:21:52 »

I remember the penalties thing with Garner now. It was amusing at first as we made a better than expected start. It wore thin when our form dropped for sure.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 21:27:42 »

I know it’s early on in the season but the L1 table is interesting, certainly the bottom half and today’s results equally interesting.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 22:56:17 »

Fucking get in, back to back wins and nice to win away again. Second half best performance of the season, enjoyed it and we absolutely bossed it. Donny poor today and offered fuck all but end of day, they was at right end of table and 3pts is 3pts.

First half fucking dross, boring, both teams shit. Second half different story. Brynn solid won everything, Clayton and Baudry won virtually everything, Hutton looked good today, midfield solid - Reed and Williams back to their best, Wakeling unreal. He runs more than Jerry Yates imo, great goal and some quality tackles to win ball back. Shade shocking in first half, much better in second. Lindsey's name sang right from the start and got louder as game went on, come straight to fans at end. Am I fully sold on him? Not yet, but said from day one look how he speaks, only a prick would want him to fail. Hope he laps up every bit of today. Class support too, best it’s been this season.

First time I’ve watched us and been properly convinced/impressed with the performance, never looked like conceding, onwards and upwards hopefully.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 05:41:33 »

He will be a manager one day.

I was thinking that myself as he expresses himself really well for a young man.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: