Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread 22/23  (Read 16735 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #255 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 15:35:48 »

Well, if you'd told me after Harrogate we wouldn't lose another league game and the run would still be going now, I'd have been shocked.

A win, a clean sheet, and, in patches, some of the best play we managed this season. Doncaster looked utterly shite, but that was a real step forward for me.
Absolutely agree on all that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 15:36:43 »

Ladbrokes take another battering from LL. £3.58 come to daddy.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 15:38:25 »

Good result away from home, happy with the 3 points.  Still not convinced by the performance, but while  it is bringing maximum points I will be satisfied with pigeon steps improvement we are seeing, bar Gillingam.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 15:39:54 »

Decent result.
Gonna have to complain about Lindsey’s body language during his post match interview now
Shizzle

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 15:42:54 »

Scott Lindsey is the chosen one  Cloud 9
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 15:43:22 »

good win that, never really in trouble though the first half didn't produce much

second half looked like we had more intent if a little less control
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 15:43:33 »

Decent result.
Gonna have to complain about Lindsey’s body language during his post match interview now

Yes I apologise. I bet we had far more box entries than them and we won. He’s on to something.  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #262 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 15:45:19 »

We did all that was asked of us, we controlled the game, we won, we kept a clean sheet.

Thats all thats needed in L2, well in any league TBF.

BTW Donny could be the poorest side we have played, that includes Rochdale who created more chances against us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 15:46:40 »

Yes I apologise. I bet we had far more box entries than them and we won. He’s on to something.  Smiley
Turning draws into wins? Lovely.

Wakeling slowly making a name for himself.

Oxford, Rovers and City all losing. Enjoy the weekend folks  Pint
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 15:46:58 »

Really good win. First time we’ve shown any authority on the pitch. Maybe, just maybe, we’re clicking! Kept a closer eye on the first half - and thought Hutton was really positive going forwards. Credit where it’s due to them, after the awful performance two weeks ago. I also thought Baudry was an assured presence at the back. He’s not better, or worse than McDonald, just different - and better with the ball at feet, which counts in this team.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 17:14:59 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 15:49:56 »

A manager, most (including myself) don’t think is up to the job, has led us on an 8 league game unbeaten run, with 4 clean sheets, including winning the last 2.

Football is weird.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 16:10:48 »

Sounds like a decent performance. Doncaster didn’t sound great but few teams are at this level and you can only beat what is in front of you. Signs of improvement and hopefully we can consolidate our unbeaten run with a more wins instead of draws. I’ve bought my ticket for Grimsby and really looking forward to it now.
Carnegie

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 16:30:33 »

Good performance by the lads today. What is really encouraging is that we have yet to see this team get anywhere near its full potential.
Shizzle

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 17:20:30 »

A manager, most (including myself) don’t think is up to the job, has led us on an 8 league game unbeaten run, with 4 clean sheets, including winning the last 2.

Football is weird.
With those stats it’s not the football that’s weird, it’s the “fans” that are weird.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 18:46:49 »

Thought that was pretty much the perfect away performance.

Full backs and wingers linking up really well for the first time I've seen this season (didn't see Tues).

Only fault I'd pick is that we need an extra player to commit into the box when we've worked it out wide. None of Williams, Shade or Darcy seem willing to do that, so when it was played in its asking a hell of a lot from Wakeling.

Williams was brilliant today - can assume he fancies a couple of weeks in Qatar.
Hutton very good going forward but does leave gaps behind him, which Williams won't cover in the same way Shade might for FBT.
Clayton is a rolls royce - think he's got a very high ceiling.
Wakelings all round game is super impressive, but we do leave him a bit isolated at times - interesting to see Jephcott was playing behind him at 10 when he came on, maybe theyll be able to form a partnership in this 4231 (although Darcy was also excellent and you can't pick 12)
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 18:48:55 by Boeta » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: