Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Pre Match & Match Day Thread  (Read 33930 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:06:16 »

Mixed bag so far I’d say.
Some good, some with potential, some not so good, some need more time/opportunity, some we still haven’t got the faintest idea about
…but…it is still early doors…

In particular on players that have been cast out of the side because they're very obviously not good enough, meaning we've had to make extra signings and have a bloated squad of 28?

Which was the original point.

Its very clearly not 'early doors and we don't have the faintest idea about' territory with certain players, is it?

It seems everyone including Lindsey and Sandro realise they fucked up, because they've signed replacements for certain players and relegated them down the pecking order.

They were mistakes to sign, just like Lindsey was a mistake to appoint.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:07:42 »

Can I ask a slightly different question. Do you think with a better manager we would be in a fair few more points

Yeah, definitely. However certain players are complete dud signings. Thankfully we should now have enough players where few of them will have to play. Just gotta hope the second batch of signings are a Di Canioesque significant improvement on the first.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:09:09 »

Yeah, definitely. However certain players are complete dud signings. Thankfully we should now have enough players where few of them will have to play. Just gotta hope the second batch of signings are a Di Canioesque significant improvement on the first.

Hopefully a new manager gets to choose them!

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:14:31 »

Although apparently you can't make such judgements so quickly. Perhaps our entire fan base was wrong about the likes of Mattia Lanzano after a few games and we shouldn't have had the faintest of ideas about him when we bombed him off after 6 games for Wes Fodderingham, because it was still early days.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #574 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:20:04 »

Mate, are you ok? You are literally quoting yourself
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:22:54 »

Quoting has been a lottery on here recently to be fair.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:29:34 »

Although apparently you can't make such judgements so quickly. Perhaps our entire fan base was wrong about the likes of Mattia Lanzano after a few games and we shouldn't have had the faintest of ideas about him when we bombed him off after 6 games for Wes Fodderingham, because it was still early days.

On the other side of the coin - and well aware it was yonks ago - Fjortoft was very nearly bombed out after his first dozen games or so but came good so it's not beyond the realms of possibility the ones that have been poor so far might turn out to be a success. As has been mentioned in the Squad Thread that SL has played Hutton at LB in a few games and Darcy at RB also, which won't have helped.

I'm not disagreeing they've been disappointing, but some slack is needed in my eyes given the leadership and organisation of the team has been lacking so far this season.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:37:22 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:32:51 »

it seems that many are quick to judge and get really angry . chill man!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:36:43 »

Its just following on from the post, rather than editing. I'm fine, thanks.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:42:20 »

Inept all round yesterday.

I may be wrong but I thought we set up 4-1-4-1 throughout, which is obviously nonsense against 10 men. Lindsey’s tactics were woeful.

The players didn’t do themselves any favours either. Passing and shooting was amateur at times, and for the most part it was our own poor play that gifted Gillingham chances.

I’m all for giving Lindsey more time to prove himself but yesterday was so bad that I wasn’t miffed by the “We want Lindsey out” chants at the end. I’m normally pretty forgiving but for most of the second half I was thoroughly pissed off with the amount of crap I was witnessing.

Finally, I hate the Gypsy-related chants. Sadly, it even made a copper smile during the exit from the ground.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:42:56 »

On the other side of the coin - and well aware it was yonks ago - Fjortoft was very nearly bombed out after his first dozen games or so but came good so it's not beyond the realms of possibility the ones that have been poor so far might turn out to be a success. As has been mentioned in the Squad Thread that SL has played Hutton at LB in a few games and Darcy at RB also, which won't have helped.

I'm not disagreeing they've been disappointing, but some slack is needed given the leadership and organisation of the team has been lacking so far this season.

Arguably Lanzano as the example I gave should be more on the side of given time like a Fjortoft of 'give him time' given he was a player coming from abroad to play in British football for the first time. Sadly for him though, he was a keeper and you can't quite do that in the same way.

Adeloye you might even give a little more to, although he's played in Scotland and shown nothing so far.

If Harries turns good though, I'll eat my hat and I don't even have a hat. I'll eat a Clem Morfuni potato print bucket hat.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:45:17 »

Arguably Lanzano as the example I gave should be more on the side of given time like a Fjortoft of 'give him time' given he was a player coming from abroad to play in British football for the first time. Sadly for him though, he was a keeper and you can't quite do that in the same way.

Adeloye you might even give a little more to, although he's played in Scotland and shown nothing so far.

If Harries turns good though, I'll eat my hat and I don't even have a hat. I'll eat a Clem Morfuni potato print bucket hat.

If I was forced to have to eat a hat it would probably be a pork pie one but I think your bucket hat is probably safe from ingestion. Harries is going to be non-league next season.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 16:01:15 »

Post of the thread.
Post of the thread? Telling the players to fuck off and calling them cunts?I'm not condoning the performance but out and out foul abuse achieves nothing. Absolutely nothing
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 16:19:16 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 16:02:48 »

Two games against 10 men, dropped points.
It doesn’t look right on the pitch, create very little and with 3 points for a win just falling behind a pack that are winning games.
And one game with 10 men

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 16:17:46 »

you have to wonder whether the pass pass pass model is even worth it nowadays with the 5 sub rule. noonger the days of wearing the opponents down and winning through fitness. half the outfield team can be replaced.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: