Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Pre Match & Match Day Thread  (Read 33940 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 13:37:57 »

Our squad is now very bloated (28 players ?) which I don't think will help with so many players not having the chance to play on matchday, that will not help morale, I do think that Sandro is looking to much at his data model and bringing players in that 'could' become good in the future and being able to sell for a fee.

We've had to sign so many players though, simply because we've made some absolutely baffling signings that are so far off the standard its painful. As much as what we all think of Lindsey tactically, he shares some of the blame signing off on these but Sandro has to take responsibility for them as well.

For example, how hard was it to see Harries wasn't up to it before signing him? Did they watch him last season? and I can't for the life of me think how anyone would see in watching Adeloye would think "yeah, gotta sign him". Some of them were just absolute head scratchers.

We've wasted money on too many players that if you done things the old fashioned way, you'd have made the right call.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 13:40:58 »

He doesn’t appear to be well in that (and previous) interviews. And that’s not a man that is ready and capable of pushing the club forwards. He needs to be given a break. Go back to the youth team, or to Charlton. We’re just waiting for the inevitable otherwise and that does nobody any good.

Exactly this. We've been sleep walking towards this from day dot in my opinion. The appointment was a mistake and one it took us weeks to make.

Prioritise a manager who can win us games of football next time please.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 13:45:27 »

Troll post, surely.

no
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 13:53:17 »

We've had to sign so many players though, simply because we've made some absolutely baffling signings that are so far off the standard its painful. As much as what we all think of Lindsey tactically, he shares some of the blame signing off on these but Sandro has to take responsibility for them as well.

For example, how hard was it to see Harries wasn't up to it before signing him? Did they watch him last season? and I can't for the life of me think how anyone would see in watching Adeloye would think "yeah, gotta sign him". Some of them were just absolute head scratchers.

We've wasted money on too many players that if you done things the old fashioned way, you'd have made the right call.

How much of Harries and Adeloye did you watch last season?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 13:58:41 »

Harries is an intriguing one at the age of 25 have we brought him here to develop or has he come as a bench warmer🤔
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 14:03:10 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 14:18:58 »

Harries is an intriguing one at the age of 25 have we brought him here to develop or has he come as a bench warmer🤔

Perhaps Clem is mates with his dad

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 14:25:39 »

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod

But we have the option of doing both. Find a player from DDR, scout the player.

Neither are going to be perfect
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 14:26:38 »

How much of Harries and Adeloye did you watch last season?

Not really the point is it? Based on what I've seen of them for us I cannot imagine anyone doing their due diligence on them and drawing a different conclusion.

Unless maybe they just both turned shite the moment they signed with us, coupled with the legions of Bristol Rovers fans being wrong about Harries.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 14:31:45 »

Not really the point is it? Based on what I've seen of them for us I cannot imagine anyone doing their due diligence on them and drawing a different conclusion.

Unless maybe they just both turned shite the moment they signed with us, coupled with the legions of Bristol Rovers fans being wrong about Harries.

No, it was exactly your point. You’ve decided we shouldn’t have bothered signing them based on the very little you’ve see of either them this season.

You have no idea how they did last season and how many times the club watched them?
…but you didn’t watch them and your the expert on how they did last season?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 14:43:21 »

No, it was exactly your point. You’ve decided we shouldn’t have bothered signing them based on the very little you’ve see of either them this season.

The fact its so painfully fucking obvious they're not up the standard required without having to see that much of them doesn't really strengthen the argument in their favour, does it?

You have no idea how they did last season

I had an idea before on Harries from Rovers fans and his record there, watching him just confirmed the fears.

how many times the club watched them?

Pretty sure this was a question I asked, never said I did.

What is your argument, they forgot to play football the moment they signed here? Was what we've seen so drastically different to last season then? Were Rovers fans wrong on Harries?

I literally said on Adeloye I can't think how watching him and seeing anything like what I've seen would result in wanting to sign him. You do realise that is a different thing from saying I fucking scouted him myself?

Either you watched them a bunch yourself and they were world beaters and you agree with signing them or this really isn't the 'gotcha' you seem to think it is.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 14:51:14 »

The fact its so painfully fucking obvious they're not up the standard required without having to see that much of them doesn't really strengthen the argument in their favour, does it?

I had an idea before on Harries from Rovers fans and his record there, watching him just confirmed the fears.

Pretty sure this was a question I asked, never said I did.

What is your argument, they forgot to play football the moment they signed here? Was what we've seen so drastically different to last season then? Were Rovers fans wrong on Harries?

I literally said on Adeloye I can't think how watching him and seeing anything like what I've seen would result in wanting to sign him. You do realise that is a different thing from saying I fucking scouted him myself?

Either you watched them a bunch yourself and they were world beaters and you agree with signing them or this really isn't the 'gotcha' you seem to think it is.

No, I haven’t watched them. I have no idea what their strengths or weaknesses are. I have no idea how they played last season.

I haven’t claimed otherwise. I haven’t called them world beaters nor have I written them off after a handful of games.

You’ve written them off and strongly suggested it was obvious from last season they’d be dire. Maybe I’ve got a tiny bit of faith that the club know more about player recruitment than you.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 14:53:10 »

Maybe I’ve got a tiny bit of faith that the club know more about player recruitment than you.

How has that worked out with said players?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 14:56:56 »

Mixed bag so far I’d say.
Some good, some with potential, some not so good, some need more time/opportunity, some we still haven’t got the faintest idea about
…but…it is still early doors…
DMC

« Reply #568 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 14:58:30 »

Can I ask a slightly different question. Do you think with a better manager we would be in a fair few more points
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 15:01:18 »

Look at Evans at Stevenage. I don't believe they have better players than us!

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: