Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United vs Swindon Town Match Day Thread  (Read 24509 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:04:54 »

If players need to be coached into what positions they should be in during the game then we're in trouble.

Happens at every level, see Klopp and Guardiola doing it all the time.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:09:27 by Kinky Tom » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:09:29 »

Happens at every level, see Klopp and Guardiola doing all the time.

sometimes tactics are over complicated and players aren't allowed to think for themselves plus lower league players wouldn't have the IQ or ability of a top premiership player.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:11:48 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:12:36 »

So if a player is doing something the manager doesn't like he should just be left to it?  Kyle Walker is an excellent FB but had been coached through games earlier in his City career, why should it be any different in L2?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:13:38 »

So if a player is doing something the manager doesn't like he should just be left to it?  Kyle Walker is an excellent FB but had been coached through games earlier in his City career, why should it be any different in L2?

Absolutely not but if the manager Is having to bark orders out all game then there's something clearly wrong.

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:15:51 »

Guess Walker should give his medals back then as he obviously doesn't deserve them.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:20:08 »

Three games in lads, chill the fuck out you all…,
I get the, "It's early days, give it time" point of view but in my experience you get a pretty good feel quite early on in the season for how it's going to turn out. In 19/20 for example, I was extremely confident in early September that we were going up and of course we did and I've felt the same in other promotion seasons. This season is a million miles away from any of those. Sometimes you just know...there are always anomalies of course and  I'll be utterly delighted to be proved hopelessly wrong.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:23:53 »

I get the, "It's early days, give it time" point of view but in my experience you get a pretty good feel quite early on in the season for how it's going to turn out. In 19/20 for example, I was extremely confident in early September that we were going up and of course we did and I've felt the same in other promotion seasons. This season is a million miles away from any of those. Sometimes you just know...there are always anomalies of course and  I'll be utterly delighted to be proved hopelessly wrong.

Whilst I 100% echo what you're saying, if you asked any Bristol Rovers fan after 15 games never mind 3 if they thought they'd go up, not a single one would've said yes.

I know the difference being, they had a big budget and a manager who'd managed higher. But point still stands. Just to play devils advocate.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:27:48 »

Whilst I 100% echo what you're saying, if you asked any Bristol Rovers fan after 15 games never mind 3 if they thought they'd go up, not a single one would've said yes.

I know the difference being, they had a big budget and a manager who'd managed higher. But point still stands. Just to play devils advocate.
Like I said, there are always anomalies, it's not an exact science but more often than not, you know when you're good, you know when you're shit. Right now...we're not good and I don't see it changing any time soon...
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:51:38 »

Like I said, there are always anomalies, it's not an exact science but more often than not, you know when you're good, you know when you're shit. Right now...we're not good and I don't see it changing any time soon...

What a depressing post. What's even more depressing is that I agree 100%.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:57:50 »

And me.

Rovers got players in prior to their improvement
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:58:21 »

Paul Simpson's record for Carlisle, starting last season with a team that was in relegation trouble:

18 Pl.   9W 2D 7L:   ppg: 1.61 (not including today's draw)

Would suggest 72 points over a season and just outside the playoffs based on last season.

Their starting 11 wasn't that hit by injuries, so it was a decent away point against a decent side.  

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 20:27:56 »

Fuck me what has happened when people are saying we should except mediocrity in league 2 and just accept and not moan or be negative about it! I don’t think it’s at all entitled to not only think we should we expect to be challenging at the top end of this league but actually demand it. If we are just going to accept life as a struggling league 2 club then what’s the point?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 20:38:30 »

I get the, "It's early days, give it time" point of view but in my experience you get a pretty good feel quite early on in the season for how it's going to turn out. In 19/20 for example, I was extremely confident in early September that we were going up and of course we did and I've felt the same in other promotion seasons. This season is a million miles away from any of those. Sometimes you just know...there are always anomalies of course and  I'll be utterly delighted to be proved hopelessly wrong.

05/06, opening day of the season away at Barnsley. Pook started on the left wing. 11 minutes on the clock - I turned to my mate and said we’re going down this season. Got a resounding fuck off but hey ho…we were gonna be fine with Cureton & Thorpe up front…
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 20:52:26 »

05/06, opening day of the season away at Barnsley. Pook started on the left wing. 11 minutes on the clock - I turned to my mate and said we’re going down this season. Got a resounding fuck off but hey ho…we were gonna be fine with Cureton & Thorpe up front…

I said to my mate after Harrogate we will finish bottom 6, and neither Lindsey or Sandro will be here at the beginning of next season.
I haven’t seen anything since that’s made me think any different.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 20:53:31 »

Lindsay won’t see out the year…
October at best
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: