Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United vs Swindon Town Match Day Thread  (Read 25486 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 08:31:32 »

Oh my god this is becoming ridiculous.

2 points from 3 games, including 2 away. That's not a brilliant start but it's not fucking world ending, especially bearing in mind the dicking aound with Garner fucking off but not but he is but he isn't but no he is and he's taking Payne. Left us in a limbo at important point of preseason.

You can tell Lindsay's getting fucked off with the fact he and the team are not being given a chance, was a bit snippy with Andrew Hawes when he brought up the lack of shots on target in the pre match presser. Made the point that if Gladwin had scored the pen we'd be in a different position. Reed needs to have a fucking moment of self reflection as so far he has massively underperformed and been a liability in basically every game so far.

Some people were moaning about Garner last season and saying he was the cheap option, the team is shit, we're not winning at home blah blah blah. Then first game of the season people were giving Soll Brynn shit before he'd even played a minute of bloody football!

I fully appreciate NMH's point, whilst I might not agree, for me it just feels like let's just not bother for the rest of the season eh, fanbase has written the team off already, and turning on each other too 4 games in.

I want us to get a win just so everyone calms the fuck down. I don't see it coming against Orient but that's because they're 3 in 3 as opposed to any other reason.

I agree with most of this but believe we can get something out of the Leyton game. In this shit division consistency is not widespread so the fact that they are 3 in 3 gives me hope they the law of averages will come in to play. We may not be performing well at present but let’s not kid ourselves that there are any truly unbeatable teams in league 2.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 08:46:21 »

2 points from 3 games, including 2 away. That's not a brilliant start but it's not fucking world ending, especially bearing in mind the dicking aound with Garner fucking off but not but he is but he isn't but no he is and he's taking Payne. Left us in a limbo at important point of preseason.

You can tell Lindsay's getting fucked off with the fact he and the team are not being given a chance, was a bit snippy with Andrew Hawes when he brought up the lack of shots on target in the pre match presser. Made the point that if Gladwin had scored the pen we'd be in a different position. Reed needs to have a fucking moment of self reflection as so far he has massively underperformed and been a liability in basically every game so far.

Some people were moaning about Garner last season and saying he was the cheap option, the team is shit, we're not winning at home blah blah blah. Then first game of the season people were giving Soll Brynn shit before he'd even played a minute of bloody football!

I fully appreciate NMH's point, whilst I might not agree, for me it just feels like let's just not bother for the rest of the season eh, fanbase has written the team off already, and turning on each other too 4 games in.

I want us to get a win just so everyone calms the fuck down. I don't see it coming against Orient but that's because they're 3 in 3 as opposed to any other reason.

Agree with this. I usually read back the MDTs in full but gave up with this one, it was just too painful to read the usually suspects flying off the handle.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 09:10:03 »

A friend I was talking too did say that the reactions seem to be getting more extreme, and he put some of it down to the issues we are all struggling with outside football.

The heat & the cost of living being the main two.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 09:21:13 »

A friend I was talking too did say that the reactions seem to be getting more extreme, and he put some of it down to the issues we are all struggling with outside football.

The heat & the cost of living being the main two.
Or maybe it is just people have had enough of watching the club go progressively backwards? This was seen as being a new era, this season it was meant to be a big promotion push, instead it just looks like more of the sane old and now just looking towards mediocrity in league 2 at best.

If the club think that supporters are just going to accept a few years of mediocrity in league 2 to get their new ‘model’ working then they are in for a rude awakening.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 09:23:33 »

100% this. Its possible to have both views though:
1 A sense of disappointment that we don't seem to have kicked on from last year and have had a poor start to the season
2 A sense of perspective.
Seeing both sides of the argument seems to be less and less common these days
We're all Swindon fans at the end of the day. #PacifistOldFart.
I blame the internet. Or Brexit. Or Vaccines.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 09:37:49 »

This forum has gone peak Arsenal Fan TV this season, it's absolutely pathetic how a group of grown adults are behaving.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #456 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:06:31 »

This forum has gone peak Arsenal Fan TV this season, it's absolutely pathetic how a group of grown adults are behaving.
Yes

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:19:18 »

Why are there so many police on here trying to tell people how they can / can't behave?

There's massive concerns at this club.

We have a CEO, Chairman, Sporting Director and Head Coach who have no prior experience of their current roles. Does that mean it can't work? no, but ideally you want at least 2 of those positions to know what they're doing. We basically have a team of rookies.

It all screams poverty to me. I don't buy it that Lindsay was the outstanding candidate. Not at all. Why did nobody else want to manage our football club? why did Garner and Chorley leave so quickly, why did none of our OOC players bar a retiring Baudry sign a new deal?

It's hard to remain positive when every single off the pitch factor points towards an average season, and then in practice nothing has yet happened to change anybody's minds. This was supposed to be the year we kicked on, no embargo, highest ST sales for years, reduced debt etc.

I am the first person who wants to be proved wrong but it's not looking good, and nobody should feel guilty for expressing their concerns.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:26:52 »

Why are there so many police on here trying to tell people how they can / can't behave?

We have a CEO, Chairman, Sporting Director and Head Coach who have no prior experience of their current roles. Does that mean it can't work? no, but ideally you want at least 2 of those positions to know what they're doing. We basically have a team of rookies.

It all screams poverty to me. I don't buy it that Lindsay was the outstanding candidate. Not at all. Why did nobody else want to manage our football club? why did Garner and Chorley leave so quickly, why did none of our OOC players bar a retiring Baudry sign a new deal?

It's hard to remain positive when every single off the pitch factor points towards an average season, and then in practice nothing has yet happened to change anybody's minds. This was supposed to be the year we kicked on, no embargo, highest ST sales for years, reduced debt etc.

I am the first person who wants to be proved wrong but it's not looking good, and nobody should feel guilty for expressing their concerns.

Good post and nothing wrong In questioning how the club is being run and showing your concerns. Some will say it's only 3 games which is fair enough but looking at the bigger picture the outlook dosen't look so good with the current regime in place and funds seemingly tight.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:36:24 »

Or maybe it is just people have had enough of watching the club go progressively backwards? This was seen as being a new era, this season it was meant to be a big promotion push, instead it just looks like more of the sane old and now just looking towards mediocrity in league 2 at best.

Exactly this.

But no, its Arsenal TV and pathetic to not expect a constant linear decline.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:38:49 »

But again, it goes back to the element of support that we have that completely shut down any form of negativity and mock people, no matter how justified the negativity might be. Some people just cannot hear negativity and would rather live in a make believe world where everything is fine.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:42:38 »

But again, it goes back to the element of support that we have that completely shut down any form of negativity and mock people, no matter how justified the negativity might be. Some people just cannot hear negativity and would rather live in a make believe world where everything is fine.

Exactly this, speak your mind and you get put down if you're not in with the in crowd.

So, give no fucks
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:46:13 »

Look like the level headed TEF has turned in to the new Facebook group wow

What happened guys. Who bought all the tin foil?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:54:28 »

There's people that defended Lee Power for years on years. This minority of the fan base will always be like this, doesn't shock me at all. Some really cannot see, or hear/read, anything with hint of negativity about this club. Same old shit.

FairPlay to anyone that went yesterday, we didn't due to train strikes, 311 with no trains is a very good number. What to say about the game? Wakeling took his goal very well, Khan was very good, defence and Louis reed a shower of shite once again.

Harsh on Clayton and Darcy not playing after the Salford performances..?

That was a Carlisle B team yesterday.

Gates of 13k against Barrow last season, 4.5k Season tickets sold on 3 weeks notice last season (5k this season? just the 500 more :-|). Its the things like this which make this season potentially even more frustrating, they could've built on it and gone from strength to strength. They haven't, simple as that. Early days yes, but I don't see us being a promotion chasing team come May - anything but promotion is a failure this season- simple as.

« Last Edit: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:57:07 by MangoRed » Logged
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:59:09 »

Most people are trying to give a bit of perspective, like you have stated we have zero experience in the top 4 roles.  

They might have less experience but at least we know Rob/Clem are doing what's best for the club, how many other clubs can say that?

While I know we haven't started the season well, it's too early to judge.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: