Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United vs Swindon Town Match Day Thread  (Read 25510 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 17:25:03 »

if I don't like a view I try and debate it or ignore it.

it's annoying when things get circular, but you can always butt out.

there is no wrong or right until the season ends. the winning side will then give full beans "told you so".
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 04:42:28 »

Are people desperate for Lindsey to fail, or are they concerned about his CV and ability and haven’t seen much in the first three games to ease those concerns?

Things get better but they never get good
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 06:16:02 »

Are people desperate for Lindsey to fail, or are they concerned about his CV and ability and haven’t seen much in the first three games to ease those concerns?
The latter for me. The fact he was our defensive coach last season really rang alarm bells as our defence was all over the place at times last year. At least we have our first clean sheet! I seem to remember Di Canio didn’t start very well either so who knows, maybe we will go on to have a great season. Still a lot better than the guff Sheridan served up.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 07:57:45 »

no fan would be desperate for him to fail. or shouldn't be.
the whole mood around the club is flat. a new manager would have created a spark and interest.
recruiting a number 2 after 6 weeks is rewarding a season of failure on top of numerous 1st team players leaving.

we are doing our bit and I don't feel the club did there's in the summer. I'd love nothing more than for this team to knit together and have a good season.
tyreese Simpson may change the mood and I still think the club has him as a priority signing
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 08:28:49 »

Reed to Derby = Simpson to STFC?

Be a great piece of work, that.

2 home games coming up. 2 wins and everybody chills the fuck out. Simples.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 08:30:35 »

Is the above something you've seen?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 08:37:51 »

Just one of those random things that popped up.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 08:56:06 »

This.

His CV is such that he wouldn’t even have got an interview on merit. His playing career was non league and his coaching career has been entirely spent at a lower level than we currently reside, last season was the pinnacle of his career to date.

The primary reason given by the club for him getting the job seemed to be continuity yet he’s tried to change the way we play. It’s nothing to do with wanting him to fail it’s more he should never have got the job in the first place, it was an appointment based desperation with a sprinkling of sentiment
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 09:11:50 »

I honestly think that would be awful business.
I don’t see Simpson being the answer to all our problems, I also think an on form Reed is far more important to us than Simpson ever would be.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 09:19:10 »

I think Reed was absolutely critical to the way we played last year. In as much as we've shown any sort of pattern of play so far, it doesn't look like it's going to suit him in the same way.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 09:20:47 »

Reed only has 3 more games to find his form - then we’re stuck with him. I’m presuming any fee for him could finance our new striker. Whether that’s Simpson or someone else, I don’t know.

An underperforming Reed is no use to us.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 09:25:09 »

No issues with binning off Reed but rather we bring in a top quality centre back than a striker.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 09:26:05 »

…or even a midfielder enforcer
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 09:28:10 »

The latter for me. The fact he was our defensive coach last season really rang alarm bells as our defence was all over the place at times last year. At least we have our first clean sheet! I seem to remember Di Canio didn’t start very well either so who knows, maybe we will go on to have a great season. Still a lot better than the guff Sheridan served up.

Di Canio didn’t start well, but he still had

- a 3-0 opening day win
- an away day cup upset against a local rival
- boundless charisma in a club that was on its belly
- a limitless chequebook and no loan window

It’s not a comparable situation to current day, and I’d be wary about drawing parallels too early

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #494 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 09:32:30 »

Reeds head isnt in the game for whatever reason, I would have no problem letting him go if we get a good player in to replace him in DMC.

I would also welcome back Jake O'Brien from Palace if we could get him on another loan, showed a lot of promise.

But for me we do badly need a striker who can play the lone role and win balls in the air that are often hoofed up to him but also who knows where the net is.

We still have space for 2 more loans to fill the 5 available matchday squad limits, and yes I would prefer if we could get in players on perm transfers sometimes we cannot bring in the quality we need like JOB, Barry, KKH, Simpson, Cooper and Tomlinson, all of which would walk into our side at the moment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: