Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United vs Swindon Town Match Day Thread  (Read 25458 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 20:55:34 »

Better than Harrogate but still not right.
Can only hope we can move up another gear very quickly.

Two average teams on the park today, both missing chances thus will take the point.
Wakeling and Khan look like they have something. Few flashes from McKirdy but not up to last season just yet and Reed missing the space that Conroy used to provide.

Better than losing and that felt a bloody long drive.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 21:02:46 »

Better than Harrogate …..

This is the one thing that should give us some hope.

At least it’s moving in the right direction, even if it’s still not good
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 21:03:06 »

I said in July that we'd appointed a tinpot DoF and a tinpot Manager.

Nothing has changed except the manager has surrounded himself with a tinpot coaching staff.

In comparison to previous games, yes it was nice to see a coherent football team. But it's one that finishes around 15th in L2 as neither the recruitment nor coaching/tactics are anywhere good enough.

There's a good interview with David Artell on The Athletic today. Would love us to show some ambition, admit mistake and hire a manager who has proven he can get promoted and develop players to make millions for a club.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 22:35:39 »

I said in July that we'd appointed a tinpot DoF and a tinpot Manager.

Nothing has changed except the manager has surrounded himself with a tinpot coaching staff.

In comparison to previous games, yes it was nice to see a coherent football team. But it's one that finishes around 15th in L2 as neither the recruitment nor coaching/tactics are anywhere good enough.

There's a good interview with David Artell on The Athletic today. Would love us to show some ambition, admit mistake and hire a manager who has proven he can get promoted and develop players to make millions for a club.

After 3 league games you have written the whole team off, crazy.  Things need to improve but I will judge after the transfer window closes.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 23:01:53 »

After 3 league games you have written the whole team off, crazy.  Things need to improve but I will judge after the transfer window closes.

No, you misread.

I formed an opinion about the management before the season started.

What has happened since, unfortunately, has done nothing to dispell that opinion. Should reality change, so will my opinion.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 23:02:14 »

You only have to listen to the head coach for 10 seconds of an interview to work out he is miles out of his depth. Tactically inept and man management skills don’t seem much better. He’ll be gone by November
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 23:28:54 »

I'm starting to get fucked off with this - Probably because its hot.

If people are just going to be negative wankers, then I wont bother posting summaries anymore.

Get it into your thick skulls - We are going to struggle this year as we don't have the money to be competitive in the transfer or loan market.

This will be the season we expected last year. We will be battling at the bottom. Staying up will be a good result.

We ballsed up last season - I think that was a golden opportunity missed. Had we gone up, we might have been able to hang on to players. But we didn't. Also, we (obviously) couldn't get a manager to agree to join us, so had to take what was on offer.

In the bits I saw today, I could see Lindsay working hard to coach players to be in the right positions.

The positives for me today was that there was an improvement from some of the players and Wakeling got off the mark. We also came away from a potential relegation rival with an away point. 

Take it for what it is and stop fucking moaning about sacking someone who hasn't had a chance and who we probably couldn't replace!
And this ladies and gentleman is why sun, booze and the internet don’t mix.

Utter drivel, from a usually sane poster.

-

I’ll take a point at Carlisle early season, but agree with the overwhelming feeling that it looks like we will struggle to meet expectations. It doesn’t get any easier on Tuesday either!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 23:30:33 »

To be fair it hasn't been mentioned that the playing budget has been increased by 40% its more likely to cover the overall cost of running the football club.
Clem is on record quoting a 40% budget increase - the adver article gives the context that is the playing budget.

If that impression is false, then I’d have expected the club to have clarified that by now.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 23:51:15 »

Clem is on record quoting a 40% budget increase - the adver article gives the context that is the playing budget.

If that impression is false, then I’d have expected the club to have clarified that by now.

Is this the Ader article you mention 🤔

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/20185905.clem-morfuni-says-swindon-town-budget-increasing-40-per-cent-2022-23/

So, give no fucks
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 00:34:28 »

No, you misread.

I formed an opinion about the management before the season started.

What has happened since, unfortunately, has done nothing to dispell that opinion. Should reality change, so will my opinion.

Stating the team will finish 15th and recruitment is crap, is writing off the team and judging recruitment before the windows closes.

I don't understand that mentality
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 07:29:01 »

We've recruited players for a pre-determined formation and/or style and after a formation change three games into the season we have had to sign a new leftback in order to play that formation. Given that track record I am sceptical that things will get turned around in the short term, especially as the budget that's available will be eroded by the players we've already signed.

Looking at the team yesterday we're overly reliant on Reed as the pivot as we don't have a "chuck it long from a goal kick" type striker to get the ball away from our panic ridden defence.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 07:37:33 »

Everything that is wrong stems from that panicky defence. Individually they are no worse than every other back 4 in this league, so it’s easy to see where the blame lays.

I thought Lindsey said we’d be a high press team - not seen that at all so far. There’s still far too much taking liberties at the back and getting caught in possession. This season’s Reed is a shadow of last season and others should be given a chance. God knows what’s in his head these days but looks like he doesn’t give a shit.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 07:38:14 »

Oh my god this is becoming ridiculous.

2 points from 3 games, including 2 away. That's not a brilliant start but it's not fucking world ending, especially bearing in mind the dicking aound with Garner fucking off but not but he is but he isn't but no he is and he's taking Payne. Left us in a limbo at important point of preseason.

You can tell Lindsay's getting fucked off with the fact he and the team are not being given a chance, was a bit snippy with Andrew Hawes when he brought up the lack of shots on target in the pre match presser. Made the point that if Gladwin had scored the pen we'd be in a different position. Reed needs to have a fucking moment of self reflection as so far he has massively underperformed and been a liability in basically every game so far.

Some people were moaning about Garner last season and saying he was the cheap option, the team is shit, we're not winning at home blah blah blah. Then first game of the season people were giving Soll Brynn shit before he'd even played a minute of bloody football!

I fully appreciate NMH's point, whilst I might not agree, for me it just feels like let's just not bother for the rest of the season eh, fanbase has written the team off already, and turning on each other too 4 games in.

I want us to get a win just so everyone calms the fuck down. I don't see it coming against Orient but that's because they're 3 in 3 as opposed to any other reason.

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 07:56:21 »

We've recruited players for a pre-determined formation and/or style and after a formation change three games into the season we have had to sign a new leftback in order to play that formation. Given that track record I am sceptical that things will get turned around in the short term, especially as the budget that's available will be eroded by the players we've already signed.

Looking at the team yesterday we're overly reliant on Reed as the pivot as we don't have a "chuck it long from a goal kick" type striker to get the ball away from our panic ridden defence.

Or we have two players that can play left back but they got injured in pre season?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, August 14, 2022, 08:26:39 »

Or we have two players that can play left back but they got injured in pre season?
Yeah that's fair, although the need for a leftback vs a left wingback is based on the formation change

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: