Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United vs Swindon Town Match Day Thread  (Read 24746 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 17:39:36 »

To be fair it hasn't been mentioned that the playing budget has been increased by 40% its more likely to cover the overall cost of running the football club.

Just stating it raises expectations even if it all went on paper clips
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 17:41:12 »

Anybody gladly accepting league two mediocrity (or worse) after being a penalty shootout away from a play off final, coming out of a transfer embargo and with an increased budget needs to give their head a wobble

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 17:49:23 »

Anybody gladly accepting league two mediocrity (or worse) after being a penalty shootout away from a play off final, coming out of a transfer embargo and with an increased budget needs to give their head a wobble

There's a difference between 'happy to accept' and 'think this current squad and manager should be expected to achieve' though right? I'm absolutely not delighted with another season in League Two, but don't think this looks like a promotion winning set up.

Pre-Harrogate Lindsay and MacDonald were both openly saying promotion is the goal, so it's clearly the club's goal. I'm not convinced they have the resources needed, but I'd hope to be wrong.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 17:51:26 »

I think it’s fair to criticise the club and it’s personnel for not being good enough to step on from last year (if that is how it plays out, aware we are only three games in)

Things get better but they never get good
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 18:06:07 »

There's a difference between 'happy to accept' and 'think this current squad and manager should be expected to achieve' though right? I'm absolutely not delighted with another season in League Two, but don't think this looks like a promotion winning set up.

Pre-Harrogate Lindsay and MacDonald were both openly saying promotion is the goal, so it's clearly the club's goal. I'm not convinced they have the resources needed, but I'd hope to be wrong.

Who's to blame Clem for the lack of funds made available, Sandro for finding the players, Lindsey for not getting the best out of the squad to date or the players for not performing🤔
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 18:10:14 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 18:21:06 »

CM getting his money back from his experiences with Power
Honeymoon period over from last year
Don't have finances to invest in the playing staff
Get used to watching Barrow Hartlepool an Sutton Utd until a new owner comes along.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 18:24:11 »

Look at Brentford tonight. Beat arguably one of the biggest clubs in world football 4-0. We played them in the playoffs less than 10 years ago.

Don't ever let anybody convince you we should be happy in division 4.

Last year was the only time that shit will ever fly. If Clem can't afford to get us up the league, maybe it's best he sells a bit earlier than he'd anticipated.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 18:32:24 »

I can remember Brentford getting crowds of 6,000 in the old third division.

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 18:41:04 »

Flitcroft was able to compete in this division with a team consisting of Dunne & Linganzi in central midfield and pretty much nobody who could pass a ball on the floor.  A competitive budget is all that is needed with the right squad composition and management.  I am not so sure it is a Division to try and develop youth talent though, which I think could be our problem.  Young players at this level need to be head and shoulders above the others in terms of talent to make an impact - Alzate for example.

It's still early in the season and it could all turn out OK in the end - that Flitcroft team shows you can mold a team to compete.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 18:48:19 »

I'm starting to get fucked off with this - Probably because its hot.

If people are just going to be negative wankers, then I wont bother posting summaries anymore.

Get it into your thick skulls - We are going to struggle this year as we don't have the money to be competitive in the transfer or loan market.

This will be the season we expected last year. We will be battling at the bottom. Staying up will be a good result.

We ballsed up last season - I think that was a golden opportunity missed. Had we gone up, we might have been able to hang on to players. But we didn't. Also, we (obviously) couldn't get a manager to agree to join us, so had to take what was on offer.

In the bits I saw today, I could see Lindsay working hard to coach players to be in the right positions.

The positives for me today was that there was an improvement from some of the players and Wakeling got off the mark. We also came away from a potential relegation rival with an away point. 

Take it for what it is and stop fucking moaning about sacking someone who hasn't had a chance and who we probably couldn't replace!
I don't think I've ever disagreed with a post more strongly and utterly comprehensively...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 18:52:52 »

If players need to be coached into what positions they should be in during the game then we're in trouble.

So, give no fucks
SpeakingFluentPeroni

« Reply #416 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 18:55:57 »

Three games in lads, chill the fuck out you all…,
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 18:56:44 »

Who's to blame Clem for the lack of funds made available, Sandro for finding the players, Lindsey for not getting the best out of the squad to date or the players for not performing🤔

A little bit from every column perhaps, but I don't really know. I think the main thing this season is making clear is how big the opportunity we missed last year was - the division looks stronger this year and we look weaker. Not by much on either count, but enough to make the difference.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 18:59:37 »

A little bit from every column perhaps, but I don't really know. I think the main thing this season is making clear is how big the opportunity we missed last year was - the division looks stronger this year and we look weaker. Not by much on either count, but enough to make the difference.

Agree fine margins from going up to being stuck in league 2. I have no idea if division looks stronger this season just know if we don't improve soon momentum would have been lost and crowds will start to drop.

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 19:01:00 »

Three games in lads, chill the fuck out you all…,

This club should be a league one club minimum and we’re in the shit. We probably won’t go down, but we definitely won’t go up…
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: