Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United vs Swindon Town Match Day Thread  (Read 24748 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 09:47:23 »

Reed clearly isn't the player of last season which could be down to him wanting a move to league one or maybe even personal problems away from football but whatever it is Lindsey needs to sort out quick as there's an argument that he shouldn't be in the starting eleven on current form.

If an agreement could be reached with Ipswich I would do everything possible to try and get Simpson here as there's no doubts he has potential and can be a real handful which is what we're missing. Jake O'Brien would also be a decent signing rather signing another young rookie with no league experience.

PS what's happened to the Twine money🤔
« Last Edit: Monday, August 15, 2022, 10:06:42 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 10:33:54 »

Are people desperate for Lindsey to fail, or are they concerned about his CV and ability and haven’t seen much in the first three games to ease those concerns?
Totally this.
An uninspiring option that took far too long to appoint.

Of course I want him to succeed, but he was the defensive coach last year so my expectations were not high and I've seen nothing to give me confidence since. 

Not calling for his head but we need some performances and results very soon.   
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 12:02:27 »

Reed to Derby = Simpson to STFC?

Be a great piece of work, that.

2 home games coming up. 2 wins and everybody chills the fuck out. Simples.

Reed's applause to our crowd on Saturday was such that it entered my mind that it might be his last appearance - but maybe he has always been like that.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 12:16:09 »

Totally this.
An uninspiring option that took far too long to appoint.

Of course I want him to succeed, but he was the defensive coach last year so my expectations were not high and I've seen nothing to give me confidence since. 

Not calling for his head but we need some performances and results very soon.   

Yep this. Nothing I've heard him say fills me with confidence.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 12:50:10 »

Is Simpson really the answer to all our woes? Decent but I doubt he's the final piece to this particular puzzle.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 13:11:32 »

Is Simpson really the answer to all our woes? Decent but I doubt he's the final piece to this particular puzzle.

I can't think of anyone else who is availble.

So, give no fucks
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 13:23:47 »

I can't think of anyone else who is availble.
There will be loads - how many of us had heard of Simpson, Mckirdy, Yates and many others before they rocked up here.

We certainly can't afford £500k on a striker, would be better off spending a fraction of it on a decent coaching setup.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 13:37:06 »

There will be loads - how many of us had heard of Simpson, Mckirdy, Yates and many others before they rocked up here.

We certainly can't afford £500k on a striker, would be better off spending a fraction of it on a decent coaching setup.

There maybe loads but I can't think of any. Definitely wouldn't pay anymore than £100,000k on an unproven striker but maybe they would loan him to us again.

I do find it annoying that the transfer window stays open so long after the season has started.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 15, 2022, 13:43:03 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 13:40:57 »

when I said I still think we would sign Simpson I definitely don't mean for £500k. I think it would be significantly lower
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 15:07:31 »

There's people that defended Lee Power for years on years. This minority of the fan base will always be like this, doesn't shock me at all. Some really cannot see, or hear/read, anything with hint of negativity about this club. Same old shit.

Quite happy to literally 'wait and see' the club to an early grave both on and off the pitch.

You're right, it was the exact same with Lee Power. By the time enough people were anti-Power to actually apply some pressure and do something as a fan base, his 'five year plan' had expired years ago and we were already well and truly fucked in the ass by him.

It could have been much worse thanks to the section of support that look for some positivity in the most giant shit sandwich of a situation, simply because they cannot deal with negativity and would rather be delusional.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 15:10:54 »

there is no wrong or right until the season ends. the winning side will then give full beans "told you so".

In which case, its too fucking late by then.

Despite the 'told you so' someone cleverly put under my username, that isn't what I thrive off. I'd much rather the delusional crowd that are happy to have their leg pissed down and accept that its raining wake up every now and then and see recognise that when it looks like shit and smells like shit, its usually shit.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 15:18:30 »

I assumed if we signed Simpson it would be on another loan because no one else will take him or get anywhere near the price tag? Highly doubt we pay for him even at

Despite all the pissed off negativity and concerns I'm throwing around on here, its mainly in reaction to the happy clapping crowds usual condescending reaction to what is very warranted negativity.

I do see a way back this season and some glimmer of hope this can turn around. If we get a decent striker in, stop this three at the back nonsense that clearly isn't working  and start playing Clayton and Darcy who have shown snippets of ability to come in and be very big players for us this season..... it CAN still click for us at some point. It is slim though and needs major change and not just "its a few bad games at the start of the season, chill out!" like a lot are downplaying it as.

I just have some seriously major doubts about Scott Linseys ability to carry that through.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 16:18:22 »

Whilst I don't have enough of an ego to presume any comments are directed at me that don't directly quote me on here, I would like to suggest that my opinion that we're only 3 games into the season and we shouldn't all jump to crucify the manager is a perfectly legitimate one and not one that belongs in the 'happy clapper' camp. I'm not sitting here assuming all will be well. Simply that it is too soon to really decide either way.

There are things that aren't 100% at the moment, there is stuff that isn't quite what it was last season, or whatever season we'd like to reference, but I don't expect everything to be perfect after less than 18 months of taking over from the sheisters that were running the place previously.

Anyone who thinks that Clem is going to essentially dump and run, pack it in and wants out, has obviously not been following the amount of money he's dumped into us to get rid of all the debts and legal hassle surrounding things going back past Power to the McCorory days.

"Calls 'em like I see's 'em" is a perfectly fine attitude (if it's tempered by some context) but three games does not a season make. What I really dislike is the stuff that comes from that kind of attitude, like Brynn getting shit before the first home game for no bloody reason, and people trying to find problems where there probably aren't any "Oh there's a split in the dressing room" etc. Etc.

As an example, people bring up the situation with kits like it's some huge problem with the back offices, without realising it was a problem for every club this year, there were news articles about it and everything. Whilst I completely understand the frustration having shelled out too much for a bloody Swindon shirt, probably compounded by the fact the shop's been redone and so its probably less organises than usual as the staff get used to the 'new', it's not a sign of some great purge or rift. It's just what it is, something out of the club's control.

Even if we end up fucking going down this season I wont feel embarassed for thinking its too early too call the manager useless and want him out.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 16:34:47 »

I think after 10 games it will give us an indication on how the season is panning out. Let's not forget last season we hardly had a pre-season but the numerous new signings gelled really quick. This season we had a full pre-season which was shocking and an average start in our first three games. To be continued.........

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 17:19:20 »

Whilst I don't have enough of an ego to presume any comments are directed at me that don't directly quote me on here, I would like to suggest that my opinion that we're only 3 games into the season and we shouldn't all jump to crucify the manager is a perfectly legitimate one and not one that belongs in the 'happy clapper' camp. I'm not sitting here assuming all will be well. Simply that it is too soon to really decide either way.

There are things that aren't 100% at the moment, there is stuff that isn't quite what it was last season, or whatever season we'd like to reference, but I don't expect everything to be perfect after less than 18 months of taking over from the sheisters that were running the place previously.

Anyone who thinks that Clem is going to essentially dump and run, pack it in and wants out, has obviously not been following the amount of money he's dumped into us to get rid of all the debts and legal hassle surrounding things going back past Power to the McCorory days.

"Calls 'em like I see's 'em" is a perfectly fine attitude (if it's tempered by some context) but three games does not a season make. What I really dislike is the stuff that comes from that kind of attitude, like Brynn getting shit before the first home game for no bloody reason, and people trying to find problems where there probably aren't any "Oh there's a split in the dressing room" etc. Etc.

As an example, people bring up the situation with kits like it's some huge problem with the back offices, without realising it was a problem for every club this year, there were news articles about it and everything. Whilst I completely understand the frustration having shelled out too much for a bloody Swindon shirt, probably compounded by the fact the shop's been redone and so its probably less organises than usual as the staff get used to the 'new', it's not a sign of some great purge or rift. It's just what it is, something out of the club's control.

Even if we end up fucking going down this season I wont feel embarassed for thinking its too early too call the manager useless and want him out.

Great post.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: