Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United vs Swindon Town Match Day Thread  (Read 25347 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 17:29:42 »

In which case, its too fucking late by then.

Despite the 'told you so' someone cleverly put under my username, that isn't what I thrive off. I'd much rather the delusional crowd that are happy to have their leg pissed down and accept that its raining wake up every now and then and see recognise that when it looks like shit and smells like shit, its usually shit.

I see no evidence whatsoever that you're even entertaining the possibility that you're wrong about anything.  As Honkytonk says, being willing to give it more than three games is not being a happy clapper nor does it make me or anybody else delusional.  All any of us have said is THREE GAMES is too early to judge anything. 

I get it, football support is obviously a miserable experience for you and you won't rest until that is so for everybody else or will throw around name calling to make those who have any patience whatsoever to feel small, you definitely seem to have some bully traits and you probably wish football fans still kicked lumps out of each other.

I'll set up a go fund me page so you can have an open top bus parade when our clear and obvious slide into the National League is finally confirmed and you are proclaimed and worshiped as the oracle you are.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 18:30:57 »

I see no evidence whatsoever that you're even entertaining the possibility that you're wrong about anything.  As Honkytonk says, being willing to give it more than three games is not being a happy clapper nor does it make me or anybody else delusional.  All any of us have said is THREE GAMES is too early to judge anything.  

I get it, football support is obviously a miserable experience for you and you won't rest until that is so for everybody else or will throw around name calling to make those who have any patience whatsoever to feel small, you definitely seem to have some bully traits and you probably wish football fans still kicked lumps out of each other.

I'll set up a go fund me page so you can have an open top bus parade when our clear and obvious slide into the National League is finally confirmed and you are proclaimed and worshiped as the oracle you are.

Classic textbook TEF behaviour. ChalkyWhiteIsGod's views differ to those of 'kinky tom', so tom decides to throw his toys out the pram and decides Chalky has got traits of a bully, advocates football violence, wants us to get relegated and is hell bent on making football miserable for all.

People are allowed to disagree and have different views on this forum, believe it or not. Not sure how many times this has to be said before people take issue all the time when they read something they don't like Zzz
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 18:37:42 »

But it's ok for anyone who doesn't agree with him to be called a happy clapper and delusional?  

Double standards as always from someone who is on the same side of the fence as him.

There have been so many toys thrown out of so many prams from people on here for the last few weeks and I think that the majority of those toys have comfortably been thrown out doom merchants' prams.

It's not even about having a different opinion is it either, it's about not even entertaining the possibility of being wrong, that's what is doing my head in here recently.  Everything is being presented as fact rather than your fabled opinion.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 15, 2022, 18:44:58 by Kinky Tom » Logged
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 19:24:15 »

But it's ok for anyone who doesn't agree with him to be called a happy clapper and delusional?  

Double standards as always from someone who is on the same side of the fence as him.

There have been so many toys thrown out of so many prams from people on here for the last few weeks and I think that the majority of those toys have comfortably been thrown out doom merchants' prams.

It's not even about having a different opinion is it either, it's about not even entertaining the possibility of being wrong, that's what is doing my head in here recently.  Everything is being presented as fact rather than your fabled opinion.

Stop crying for fuck sake and man up. Jheeaaaze. Lets not talk about 'fabled opinions' Cheesy

If according to you I'm on the same side of the fence as Chalky, then thank fuck for that, I much rather that than be part of the breed of cucks that wouldn't have a bad word said about Lee Power whilst he was owner for example, or anything that needs calling out, etc etc.

TEF's clearly been upsetting you recently... however, taking it out on others saying they have bully traits, want us to get relegated, and want to make the support experience miserable for all, is nothing short of childish and something id expect from a 7 year old. Like I said not long ago on here after Harrogate and Salford... It's early days, far too early to call for his head imo, 10 games be a very fair and good measuring stick and judgement point. Must win games now. Am I confident we win tomorrow? Not at all. If that makes me doomsday then fine, the vast majority of us are not confident going into tomorrow (I did think we'd batter Harrogate and beat Carlisle 3-0, look how that played out hahaha).

And if people are not taking Lindsey being the no 1 choice of appointment and the standout candidate as gospel, then they have every right too, vice versa....

There's a load of other things I can bring up, but for now will just use the two most topical ones atm.

When you pump hard earned money into following this team home and away every single/other week, anyone can say whatever they like (within reason obviously), regardless of who it upsets. Debate is healthy, find me a football club where everyone is on the same page. Everyone wants success end of the day, simple as that.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 15, 2022, 19:30:22 by MangoRed » Logged
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 19:43:22 »

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Monday, August 15, 2022, 20:24:02 »

This is constantly going to go round in circles isn't it.  Saying "Stop crying for fuck sake and man up. Jheeaaaze" is pretty childish in itself.

There have been so may posts saying "it's clear" about all sorts of speculative thing that are most certainly not clear, yes that pisses me off, yet when things that are facts like me bringing up yesterday that we have paid for three players and have players on longer contracts than we have for ages is ignored completely, it's as if it doesn't suit what some people want to believe and has to be overlooked.  When anyone can actually demonstrate factually that things do actually stink I'll listen but as far as I've seen not one person has.

This has nothing to do with Power, this is to do with giving those at the club now a fair crack of the whip.  Am I underwhelmed at the moment?  Of course I am.  Was I underwhelmed with SL being announced after a long search?  Of course I was.  Have I been underwhelmed with appointments in the past that have gone on to be very good?  Absolutely I have.  Have I thought we have made good appointments on paper that turned out to be awful?  Again, absolutely.  Have all of those instances been true of payers we've signed?  Again, yes, of course.  All of these experiences have led me to decide that no matter what it will take a bit of time before it is evident whether things are good or bad  or somewhere in between.  I will not accept being told I'm a happy clapper or delusional by anybody who has made their mind up already, if anything it's those people who are unwilling to accept not everyone is going to think like them.

I haven't made my mind up either way as to whether things are good or not as, and this will always be the case, three games is simply way too early.  If that makes me delusional and a happy clapper in some peoples' eyes then so be it but I will argue the point. 

What I have seen is SL make marginal improvements since the very disappointing opening game, he made the right changes against Salford at HT and he not only went with a back 4 on Saturday but we noticeably played fewer balls backwards, this is obviously because we had more players ahead of the ball.  It was far from perfect but it was better. 

1st impressions count but some of my best friends are people that gave poor 1st impressions so I learned long ago that a lot of the time they're misleading.

I've never lived in Swindon so the TEF is really the only place for me talk STFC and, yes, seeing all this negativity bothers me as it seems to me to be unwarranted at such an early stage.  You're right, those words were wrong for me to say and I hold my hands up for that but there is always an undertone amongst football fans of wanting to be proved right, sometimes to the detriment of the club they support.  I was one of those that, ashamedly, secretively wanted to lose when Kingy lost his job (2nd time) so we could be rid of him.  If SL is indeed not good enough then we'll all be hoping he's removed and there will be, like it or not, several people who will delight in telling us they were right.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 08:05:25 »

I see no evidence whatsoever that you're even entertaining the possibility that you're wrong about anything.

You didn't read the following then?

Despite all the pissed off negativity and concerns I'm throwing around on here, its mainly in reaction to the happy clapping crowds usual condescending reaction to what is very warranted negativity.

I do see a way back this season and some glimmer of hope this can turn around. If we get a decent striker in, stop this three at the back nonsense that clearly isn't working  and start playing Clayton and Darcy who have shown snippets of ability to come in and be very big players for us this season..... it CAN still click for us at some point. It is slim though and needs major change and not just "its a few bad games at the start of the season, chill out!" like a lot are downplaying it as.

I just have some seriously major doubts about Scott Linseys ability to carry that through.

Wasn't looking very hard.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 08:16:41 »

All any of us have said is THREE GAMES is too early to judge anything. 

It isn't three games though is it? While there wasn't a meltdown, some have been showing concerns we weren't in the same universe as where we're supposed to be in pre-season as early as the Supermarine game (not me, I didn't attend.) Of course that was shut down.

Then we looked like total shite and couldn't pass the ball vs Cardiff and that was shut down as being pre season. People weren't even in meltdown mode at this stage, they just expressed concerns and were still met with the same condescending shite anyone who can't deal with negativity in our fan base dishes our right on cue every time.

Before Carlisle it was three games, now apparently its still three games because one of them was in the League Cup. Is there a reason other than mental gymnastics to do your very best to downplay the situation we're in, that the League Cup game doesn't count?

If truth be known, some people are building a picture based on a lot more than THREE GAMES and capitalising it doesn't downplay concerns in the way that you think it does.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 08:31:35 »

wants us to get relegated and is hell bent on making football miserable for all.

This is the bit that pisses me off the most. No one wants this and I've even said myself I can see some positives and a way out, but the reason why this always blows up and we end up at each others throats in the first place is the over the top condescending reaction to extremely warranted negativity.

Some genuinely just wish the entire fan base would be happy to simply eat a shit sandwich and smile, no matter how dire a situation can look.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 08:44:46 »

See you forgot/intentionally omitted the Woking game where we reportedly very good.  I'm never going to use pre season games as too much of a yardstick, even if we thrash 3 PL teams.  Man Utd had a really good pre-season and have been worse than we have in their opening games, it counts for nothing.

I was at the LC game and yes I think it's fair to ignore it really, had the officials got the pen decision right we may have won on pens (pretty sure we wouldn't have given the inexperience) but that wouldn't have made it note worthy in terms of this season's prospects either.  You'll twist that however you want and that's fine, you do you.  

I'm never going to agree with you so let's just forget it, you think I'm condescending, I think you are:

Some genuinely just wish the entire fan base would be happy to simply eat a shit sandwich and smile, no matter how dire a situation can look.

This is what pisses me off, you complain about stuff said on one side of things then basically just do the same thing.

We're obviously coming at football from completely different directions, if you think that makes you better than me, again you do you.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 08:51:03 by Kinky Tom » Logged
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 08:59:08 »

Being someone who is sad enough to see most games, the unforgivable thing for me was throwing the Walsall game.
Being shite is one thing, but not even trying is unforgivable.   (And I'm not blaming the payers who played - far from it)

How low have we gone that this is now ok?    

I'm generally a fairly happy clapper, or I just wouldn't do 40 games a year.   This year though my head is telling me we should be targeting top 3 but look miles away.   Don't care what names I'm called, that is what I see after watching most games at the start of the season for years.   We won't go down but look like a lower mid-table league 2 side and that just doesn't get me excited.

Doubt I'll do anywhere near 40 games this year so at least I'll get a few extra free weekends.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 09:00:07 »

I'm never going to agree with you so let's just forget it, you think I'm condescending, I think you are:

This is what pisses me off, you complain about stuff said on one side of things then basically just do the same thing.

We're obviously coming at football from completely different directions, if you think that makes you better than me, again you do you.

I'm literally not twisting anything and I'm not being condescending.

You're demanding me in all caps that I accept that its THREE GAMES so negativity is unwarranted and I'm telling you the negativity isn't based on three games at all. I'm providing more information to try to make you understand where the negativity is coming from and for some reason this invokes an emotional response of being pissed off and that it must mean that I think that I'm better than you.

What in the absolute blue fuck are you talking about? Better than you? Seriously? We're debating football for fuck sake. What is wrong with you? This is the throwing your toys out the pram TEF behaviour Mango Red was referencing.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 09:19:38 »

I'm literally not twisting anything and I'm not being condescending.

How is this not condescending?  Smacks of thinking you're better than me, yes.

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod

I'd much rather the delusional crowd that are happy to have their leg pissed down and accept that its raining wake up every now and then and see recognise that when it looks like shit and smells like shit, its usually shit.

What in the absolute blue fuck are you talking about? Better than you? Seriously? We're debating football for fuck sake. What is wrong with you? This is the throwing your toys out the pram TEF behaviour Mango Red was referencing.

I'm providing more information to try to make you understand where the negativity is coming from and for some reason this invokes an emotional response of being pissed off

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod
This is the bit that pisses me off the most

OK for it to piss you off but not me then?

You think I've thrown my toys out of the pram whereas I think your early season take on things is you throwing your toys out of the pram.  You seem to have had an emotional response to everything I've said too, saying it first doesn't make it not so.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 09:24:43 »

You edited the post there and I didn't realise you were quoting the shit sandwich post.

To be fair, that wasn't even aimed at you. Its a general delusional happy clapper frustration. There was a post last night on the facebook group telling moaners to stay away because they're not supporters. I know its the facebook group, but its this type of idiocy that I see across all platforms.

The simple fact is that a portion of our fan base cannot hear negativity without completely losing their shit, shouting people down and pretending it isn't happening.

I genuinely do think that this is a delusional and mentally wrong. Burrying heads in the sand rather than facing reality. I'm not trying to be a condescending prick when I say this, I'm just frustrated as fuck that such a big chunk of our fan base is like this.

Its probably down to because we've suffered through so much shit as a fan base that people would rather be in denial when it looks like we're in for more tough times or a shit season, than actually face that reality square in the face when it looks pretty obvious to anyone with functioning eyes and ears.

I do get why certain people are that way, but most of the time its fucking make believe to make ourselves feel better.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong about this season or at least that the glimmers of hope I've pointed out in the likes of Clayton, Khan, Wakeling and Darcy are right and prove to be a good backbone for our season and we can turn this around, but the reality is this perceived meltdown to bad results would be like a fart in the wind if it wasn't for the toxic positivity shite and some of the absolute drivel that comes back in response to very warranted negativity. It winds people up and makes them more likely to counteract with more negativity.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 09:43:26 »

Being someone who is sad enough to see most games, the unforgivable thing for me was throwing the Walsall game.
Being shite is one thing, but not even trying is unforgivable.   (And I'm not blaming the payers who played - far from it)

How low have we gone that this is now ok?     

I'm generally a fairly happy clapper, or I just wouldn't do 40 games a year.   This year though my head is telling me we should be targeting top 3 but look miles away.   Don't care what names I'm called, that is what I see after watching most games at the start of the season for years.   We won't go down but look like a lower mid-table league 2 side and that just doesn't get me excited.

Doubt I'll do anywhere near 40 games this year so at least I'll get a few extra free weekends.

Great post and yes I’m with you with your early analysis.

Just something appears to be “missing” likely a combination of many things but we are not looking a cohesive team. More than happy to give it more time but I am a little impatient as craving for something that resembled our positive (and way exceeded) expectations from the beginning of last season.

Tonight conditions are perfect for football therefore can we expect a better performance?
Can only hope so against the strongest team we have faced so far. It can change positively very quickly and if we were to pull off a win from an impressive performance then normal service would likely resume.

We are where we are but I am concerned. Not calling for the Managers head and will give it 10 to 12 games to assess the situation. Desperately want us to do well this adds to the pressure with me.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: