Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United vs Swindon Town Match Day Thread  (Read 24497 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:47:42 »

Can you imagine the meltdown if we were 4-0 down in 35 mins like Man Utd are at Brentford

I think United fans might manage a bigger one than us tbf.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:48:25 »

I'm starting to get fucked off with this - Probably because its hot.

If people are just going to be negative wankers, then I wont bother posting summaries anymore.

Get it into your thick skulls - We are going to struggle this year as we don't have the money to be competitive in the transfer or loan market.

This will be the season we expected last year. We will be battling at the bottom. Staying up will be a good result.

We ballsed up last season - I think that was a golden opportunity missed. Had we gone up, we might have been able to hang on to players. But we didn't. Also, we (obviously) couldn't get a manager to agree to join us, so had to take what was on offer.

In the bits I saw today, I could see Lindsay working hard to coach players to be in the right positions.

The positives for me today was that there was an improvement from some of the players and Wakeling got off the mark. We also came away from a potential relegation rival with an away point.  

Take it for what it is and stop fucking moaning about sacking someone who hasn't had a chance and who we probably couldn't replace!

Are you having a laugh? moaning about people who expect us to be competing at the top end of this division yet ironically you come out with the most ludicrous and depressing post of the day. Saying we should be happy to stay in division 4. The absolute state of it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:48:38 »

If you’re looking to offload Reed, it’s probably not a good idea to drop him because he’s playing shite. Ditto McKirdy. I’d have Clayton in for Reed and Darcy in for Williams.

Doesn’t matter.
If people were interested in those players we’d have sold them by now.
No one is paying decent money for a striker whose better known for shit fashion and being difficult (warranted or not) than he for scoring goals. He’s had one purple patch. If someone was gonna take a punt then would have by now

Reed is a stat padder and brings little more than ineffective sideways passes (but I am in the minority on that) again not sure anyone is genuinely interested in paying for that
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:48:47 »

I think United fans might manage a bigger one than us tbf.

No they will just switch clubs😀

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:48:58 »

As I said around the 90 minute mark - the most baffling thing for me was the exclusion of Clayton and Darcy who really made the difference against Salford and both were shouts for MotM despite only playing 45 minutes.

What message does that send? Well done guys you did well, changed the game, real positive performance. Reward for that, to sit on the bench at Carlisle all game and watch the people I’ve replaced you with (who you replaced last game) play worse than you did last game.

A thousand times this. Darcy and Clayton look like they have the ability to have a massively positive influence on our team and the season, but not to play them today was a mistake and I don't see how you can keep them out ahead of others on merit.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:50:10 »

Carlisle under Paul Simpson is a good side at this level, they like Salford will be up there.  

You can Lindsey can both get to fuck on that. You're on another planet, they're atrocious.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:51:06 »

Good players always find a way to perform which makes me wonder if there isn't something going on behind the scenes with Reed & Mckirdy.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:51:47 »

You can Lindsey can both get to fuck on that. You're on another planet, they're atrocious.

Come off it, we are three league games into a season.
You have no clue how good Carlisle are in relation to the rest of the division.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:54:27 »

Are you having a laugh? moaning about people who expect us to be competing at the top end of this division yet ironically you come out with the most ludicrous and depressing post of the day. Saying we should be happy to stay in division 4. The absolute state of it.

Genuinely the worst post I can remember reading. Struggling to take in how bad it is.

Everyone seemed on the same page before the start of the season that anything other than top 7 is absolute failure. But no, lets move the goal posts and how dare you actually expect any form or reasonable season.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:55:18 »

I agree with Nomoreheroes on this.

We have such a pathetically fickle fan base. I expected us to spend 2-3 years in league two when we got a new owner because the new leadership team would be spending 90% of their time putting out the fires of previous decade.

Moan away and share your opinions but remember that opinions are like arseholes and every one has them. And I also agree on the point that some want to say "I told you so" when it all goes tits up just to be proven right over looking at the bigger picture.

Its going to take a few years before we go up a league. But I do believe that we will ultimately end up in the championship and eventually be stable up there.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:55:35 »

Everyone seemed on the same page before the start of the season that anything other than top 7 is absolute failure.

That isn't quite correct.

Nothing to see here
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:57:30 »

Ffs get Slipknot on in the dressing room. Motivation
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:58:08 »

I agree with Nomoreheroes on this.

We have such a pathetically fickle fan base. I expected us to spend 2-3 years in league two when we got a new owner because the new leadership team would be spending 90% of their time putting out the fires of previous decade.

Moan away and share your opinions but remember that opinions are like arseholes and every one has them. And I also agree on the point that some want to say "I told you so" when it all goes tits up just to be proven right over looking at the bigger picture.

Its going to take a few years before we go up a league. But I do believe that we will ultimately end up in the championship and eventually be stable up there.

Im struggling to share your vision that we will end up in the championship and be stable there just think the money involved will always be out of reach. I hope I'm wrong though.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:58:46 »

Come off it, we are three league games into a season.
You have no clue how good Carlisle are in relation to the rest of the division.

Then neither can he.

What we can do is judge them on today and if anyone thinks Carlisle are a decent side based on that performance then they clearly haven't a clue. They were as bad going forward as we were at the back and that is saying something because we were a shambles at the back.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 17:01:04 »

That isn't quite correct.

Seemed to be the overwhelming consensus from what I read on various platforms.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: