Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United vs Swindon Town Match Day Thread  (Read 24757 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:25:26 »

Lindsey condemned after three league games?  The delay in appointing from within seems to have got peoples' backs up and against the appointment.  

It’s got a fairly well proven record of not working, especially here. There will be a reason why at 50 us and the vegans are the pinnacle of Lindsey’s career and on evidence thus far the concern is well founded.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:26:20 »

It’s got a fairly well proven record of not working, especially here. There will be a reason why at 50 us and the vegans are the pinnacle of Lindsey’s career and on evidence thus far the concern is well founded.

Good point, also theres too much emphasis on systems & formations rather than players getting stuck in and playing for the shirt.

So, give no fucks
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:27:13 »

Carlisle were shite.

That's what makes it more worrying. A team like that is opening us up time and time again.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:28:21 »

Carlisle were shite.

That's what makes it more worrying. A team like that is opening us up time and time again.

More worryingly Lindsey thought they were a good team.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:34:03 »

Tbf, we look to have picked up a couple of potential gems in Khan and Wakeling. But unless we can sort out o functioning defence and not rely on the opposition being too poor to take advantage we’ll get nowhere.

All the backroom staff appointments seem a bit ‘off’ to me.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:34:14 »

I'm starting to get fucked off with this - Probably because its hot.

If people are just going to be negative wankers, then I wont bother posting summaries anymore.

Get it into your thick skulls - We are going to struggle this year as we don't have the money to be competitive in the transfer or loan market.

This will be the season we expected last year. We will be battling at the bottom. Staying up will be a good result.

We ballsed up last season - I think that was a golden opportunity missed. Had we gone up, we might have been able to hang on to players. But we didn't. Also, we (obviously) couldn't get a manager to agree to join us, so had to take what was on offer.

In the bits I saw today, I could see Lindsay working hard to coach players to be in the right positions.

The positives for me today was that there was an improvement from some of the players and Wakeling got off the mark. We also came away from a potential relegation rival with an away point.  

Take it for what it is and stop fucking moaning about sacking someone who hasn't had a chance and who we probably couldn't replace!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:38:52 »

If people are just going to be negative wankers, then I wont bother posting summaries anymore.

Get it into your thick skulls - We are going to struggle this year as we don't have the money to be competitive in the transfer or loan market.

This will be the season we expected last year. We will be battling at the bottom. Staying up will be a good result.

We ballsed up last season - I think that was a golden opportunity missed. Had we gone up, we might have been able to hang on to players. But we didn't. Also, we (obviously) couldn't get a manager to agree to join us, so had to take what was on offer.

In the bits I saw today, I could see Lindsay working hard to coach players to be in the right positions.

The positives for me today was that there was an improvement from some of the players and Wakeling got off the mark. We also came away from a potential relegation rival with an away point. 

Take it for what it is and stop fucking moaning about sacking someone who hasn't had a chance and who we probably couldn't replace!

That is the most depressing post I've ever read. Basically we're fucked no matter what, so don't expect anything that isn't a shambles and don't fucking moan.

Jesus wept.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:41:01 »

Maybe Carlisle do deserve a bit of credit for ‘tearing us apart’ sure we probably contributed to that but let’s not forget 7 days ago we restricted Salford to absolutely fuck all with 10 men. Carlisle had plenty of chances and they couldn’t all be down to us fannying around. Maybe they are a good side? Maybe they are a decent striker away from being a top 5 team in this league?

As I said around the 90 minute mark - the most baffling thing for me was the exclusion of Clayton and Darcy who really made the difference against Salford and both were shouts for MotM despite only playing 45 minutes.

What message does that send? Well done guys you did well, changed the game, real positive performance. Reward for that, to sit on the bench at Carlisle all game and watch the people I’ve replaced you with (who you replaced last game) play worse than you did last game.

Like, sure they are young players. Sure if he’d started them and they’d played shite most of our moronic support would be ripping the fuck out of them but I just can’t see the logic in not using them after Salford…

« Last Edit: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:43:02 by DiV » Logged
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:41:39 »

No one has a divine right to get promoted at any time, but sorry i am just not buying this. We are a big fish in this league and should be able to complete in the transfer market, Bradford apart we must have the highest attendances (at the moment)
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:42:02 »

Agree with all NMH has posted, recruitment has been encouraging, but remains unfinished.  Carlisle under Paul Simpson is a good side at this level, they like Salford will be up there.  
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:43:55 »

But unless we can sort out o functioning defence and not rely on the opposition being too poor to take advantage we’ll get nowhere.

It got us to the play-offs last season, so there's that.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:44:08 »

Fucking hell it’s not 1997 anymore.
Bigger gates doesn’t automatically mean a club has more money.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:45:32 »

Maybe Carlisle do deserve a bit of credit for ‘tearing us apart’ sure we probably contributed to that but let’s not forget 7 days ago we restricted Salford to absolutely fuck all with 10 men. Carlisle had plenty of chances and they couldn’t all be down to us fannying around. Maybe they are a good side? Maybe they are a decent striker away from being a top 5 team in this league?

As I said around the 90 minute mark - the most baffling thing for me was the exclusion of Clayton and Darcy who really made the difference against Salford and both were shouts for MotM despite only playing 45 minutes.

What message does that send? Well done guys you did well, changed the game, real positive performance. Reward for that, to sit on the bench at Carlisle all game and watch the people I’ve replaced you with (who you replaced last game) play worse than you did last game.

Like, sure they are young players. Sure if he’d started them and they’d played shite most of our moronic support would be ripping the fuck out of them but I just can’t see the logic in not using them after Salford…

If you’re looking to offload Reed, it’s probably not a good idea to drop him because he’s playing shite. Ditto McKirdy. I’d have Clayton in for Reed and Darcy in for Williams.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:46:06 »

I don't understand the fixation on attendances. It isn't a barometer of success or clout anymore.

Nothing to see here
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 16:46:44 »

Can you imagine the meltdown if we were 4-0 down in 35 mins like Man Utd are at Brentford
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: