Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33329 times)
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 10:19:23 »

Surely no other English football club can have a past like STFC and still be live and kicking.
Read an article about Derby County and their recent history and their could come close to Swindon's woes.
No, thinking about it Derby's situation would not come close !!!   
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 11:23:32 »

Clem Morfuni promises 50% more than last year then why can't we get a proven Centre forward ?
Remembering, we had one of the highest attendances last year and the Management paid 3 million off the debts.   

Clem Morfuni stated that the clubs budget would increase by 40% this season, not the playing budget. 

We are looking for a proven Centre Forward, the transfer window is open until Sept.  It's pretty common knowledge that the most sought after centre forwards become available at the end of the window once clubs have settled their squads.

Have you thought that the reason the management was able to pay £3m off was partly because we had high attendances last season?

It's not hard to get this, i am confused why some people are struggling..

I'll say it again, we have a bigger squad, we have paid fees for players, we will likely pay more fees for players, we still have 3 loan spots available.  Agree or disagree with the calibre of player we have brought in, and the tactics being used - but last season shows that the budget means very little if you get those 2 things right.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 11:41:20 »

Yep - last season our budget was low and we all expected a real challenge.

Then we recruited well, punching well above our weight.  The squad, particularly the first team, assembled was good enough for play offs or thereabouts, in my opinion.  Either Garner or Chorley or a mixture of both did a great job in that aspect - I think the squad then performed to the expectations of that squad.

This season we have clearly spent more, but you'd be hard pressed to make a case on getting the same value from that budget as we managed with an even lower budget.  Right now I'd be struggling to think about us much more than mid table to lower league fodder.  That's based on a stupidly small sample though.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 11:58:47 »

Yep - last season our budget was low and we all expected a real challenge.

Then we recruited well, punching well above our weight.  The squad, particularly the first team, assembled was good enough for play offs or thereabouts, in my opinion.  Either Garner or Chorley or a mixture of both did a great job in that aspect - I think the squad then performed to the expectations of that squad.

This season we have clearly spent more, but you'd be hard pressed to make a case on getting the same value from that budget as we managed with an even lower budget.  Right now I'd be struggling to think about us much more than mid table to lower league fodder.  That's based on a stupidly small sample though.

Agreed

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 12:40:04 »

I think they did win the league…
Better get Forest Green to hand that trophy back quick then!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 13:59:37 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/20662435.harry-mckirdy-charged-fa-sent-off-salford-city/

McKirdy on an FA charge of accurately describing the match official.

"It is alleged that the forward's behaviour in the 43rd minute of the fixture, following his dismissal, was aggressive and/or improper.

Seems to suggest it was on pitch dissent rather than any rumours of changing room renovation.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 15:09:15 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/20662435.harry-mckirdy-charged-fa-sent-off-salford-city/

McKirdy on an FA charge of accurately describing the match official.

"It is alleged that the forward's behaviour in the 43rd minute of the fixture, following his dismissal, was aggressive and/or improper.

Seems to suggest it was on pitch dissent rather than any rumours of changing room renovation.

Well you’d think so but the latest claim is the club deleted the CCTV footage so nothing can be done. Real tinfoil hat stuff.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 15:12:56 »

So we're never know if he went into the refs room and sprayed shaving foam on his clothes!

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:13:18 »

So we're never know if he went into the refs room and sprayed shaving foam on his clothes!

If he had really done that, he would be banned already

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:26:56 »

I can't remember on here who posted that something had happened in the refs changing room but you're right it's something he wouldn't have got away with if anything did.

So, give no fucks
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:28:19 »

God Woolmer is a shortarse, that explains a lot!

Well you’d think so but the latest claim is the club deleted the CCTV footage so nothing can be done. Real tinfoil hat stuff.

Even if that is true, it's about 90% more likely to be a situation of incompetence as opposed to malicious action. Probably something like they only have the hard drive capacity for 24 hours of footage from their ancient CCTV system from the 90's as a surprisingly large amount of companies do.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:59:14 »

Quite, and probably suspended by the club too
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 17:07:34 »

I can't remember on here who posted that something had happened in the refs changing room but you're right it's something he wouldn't have got away with if anything did.

the way it was posted was also the impressive of fact. which with no additional charges shows it was gossip
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 17:09:05 »

the way it was posted was also the impressive of fact. which with no additional charges shows it was gossip

Somebody in the know who actually wasn't!

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 17:27:10 »

Yes the Ref was a prick in this game…

But could tell Mckirdy wasn’t gonna last the game, literally played into the refs hands. He kept a lid on it back end of last season and discipline improved, back to his old self this season so far.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: