Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33572 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 10:11:24 »

Oh dear...that first 45...eurrgh! Turgid stuff. Fucking awful, looked like a very poor side playing away.

Second half was a battle and if we were away i would be well happy BUT we were at home and should of be doing much better.

Ref decisions were typical lower league...never see cards like that in the Championship or the Prem.

I expect us to exit the L Cup tomorrow and hopefully improve on Saturday.

maybe we are getting the season we should of had last season , this season? I do hope not.

Due to holidays etc i wont be at home until the 1st October...good luck boys!

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 10:49:47 »

have a good holiday flash, not back until September myself

second half - we were down to 10 and I thought we largely held them at arms length. Am I looking through rose tinted glasses?

there's no ifollow of the carabao cup. ffs
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 11:11:34 »

Oh dear...that first 45...eurrgh! Turgid stuff. Fucking awful, looked like a very poor side playing away.

Second half was a battle and if we were away i would be well happy BUT we were at home and should of be doing much better.

Ref decisions were typical lower league...never see cards like that in the Championship or the Prem.

I expect us to exit the L Cup tomorrow and hopefully improve on Saturday.

maybe we are getting the season we should of had last season , this season? I do hope not.

Due to holidays etc i wont be at home until the 1st October...good luck boys!

I think we are getting the season we should have had after last season, last season should have been staying up, this about consolidation. We just over performed last season
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 11:22:58 »

I don't buy into that really.

We overperformed on the basis of the squad we had going into the games at Melksham, Hungerford, Weymouth etc., yes.

But the squad we had when both windows shut, on paper, easily up there with anything else in the division.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 17:01:13 »

So according to his own (now deleted) SM post, Brennan was playing with a concussion. If so:

1) That absolutely isn't okay

2) What does that say about our other CB options?

Lindsay confirmed he got concussion in Harrogate game, felt ok to play saturday, then felt bad again
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 17:07:07 »

Lindsay confirmed he got concussion in Harrogate game, felt ok to play saturday, then felt bad again
Along with saying we’ve got no full backs so that’ll be back to a back 3 tomorrow…. Great!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 17:09:24 »

So much for the bigger quality squad this season.

So, give no fucks
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 18:03:45 »

Not seen any evidence so far of this 40% playing budget increase- that’s unless we sign players before the window closes but no sign of that yet.

If it doesn’t happen questions need to be asked
kaufman

« Reply #488 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 18:11:23 »

Not seen any evidence so far of this 40% playing budget increase- that’s unless we sign players before the window closes but no sign of that yet.

If it doesn’t happen questions need to be asked

This was a clever phrase used by the club on the adver.
It was only pointed out a few hours after that it was a 40% increase on the budget of the whole club.
Every fan (including me) ran with it being the playing budget until someone on here pointed out the wording.

To be fair to Clem the article is quite clear.
Hindsight eh?

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/20185905.clem-morfuni-says-swindon-town-budget-increasing-40-per-cent-2022-23/
« Last Edit: Monday, August 8, 2022, 18:24:55 by kaufman » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 08:22:31 »

Need to stop this obsession with the budget, we had one of the lowest budgets in the league last season.  Recruitment and tactics, fair enough.  By the end of the Window we will have paid for more players than we have for a few seasons and we will have a bigger squad, there's your increase in budget right there.  Whether we have brought in the right players and played them the right way is another thing.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 09:40:23 »

A reminder, for those that need it, of the restrictions that the club had to work with last season:

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/19431870.swindon-town-placed-transfer-embargo-breaking-five-efl-regulations/

Notable is that loan signings were only permitted for half a season (I didn't actually know that) and we weren't allowed to pay any additional wages to them. Considering the quality of some of them, we did well to negotiate the loans that we did get:

Meanwhile, loan players can only be signed for half a season at a time. Should Town try to sign a loan player, they will not be able to pay a fee – often referred to as a loan fee – nor would they be able to pay additional wages on top of the salary the player receives at his parent club.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 09:50:52 »

Suggest that you should read what Garner told the press yesterday...
"I worked under an embargo last season with one of the smallest budgets in league two."
If Garner is right and the budget was low possibly he did over achieve here.
We are aware Dion Conroy, Jack Payne and Rob Hunt who were most likely the top earners last year now gone.
Clem Morfuni promises 50% more than last year then why can't we get a proven Centre forward ?
Remembering, we had one of the highest attendances last year and the Management paid 3 million off the debts.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 09:54:35 »

it's been confirmed we had a bottom 5 budget hasn't it? I'm sure someone from the club  said it on some fan pod tutors thing.

makes sense given the monitored grant edge restrictions.

gawd know how we could afford the caliber of player we brought in and stick to budget

edit: first time I've heard of the half season loan thing too
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 10:01:10 »

The conditions shown in the Gazette link above are totally unrealistic and if correct would just be waiting for the club to fail.
It surely puts a different light on things.

fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 10:06:13 »

A 50% increase in not a lot still isn't much so our current budget is possibly still quite modest.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: