Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate vs Swindon Town build up & matchday thread  (Read 35579 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 08:16:48 »

L2 / L1 whats the difference?
Both shite & all we do is make up the numbers in either division

What??
Yep I understand a forum of views and opinions but no.
Look at the sides in league 1 this year, Wed'nesday, Derby, Ipswich Portsmouth Charlton Oxford Rovers, Bolton, Plymouth. All those games would bring a large crowd, we would take a larger following. They're not purely making up the numbers. I'd much sooner be playing those than Harrogate Hartlepool Barrow Sutton.
Big difference between L1 & L2 even bigger gap to the championship.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 08:31:50 »

You would look at it differently If you travelled watching the games. Trust me on that one.

Been there, done that.
Never ever given a flying fuck about crowd, atmosphere, stadium size, size of club.

Only ever bothered by the result on the pitch.
Whether you beat Leeds at Elland Road in front of 32,000 or Harrogate in front of 2,000 it’s still 3 points.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 08:34:22 »

What??
Look at the sides in league 1 this year, Wed'nesday, Derby, Ipswich Portsmouth Charlton Oxford Rovers, Bolton, Plymouth. All those games would bring a large crowd, we would take a larger following. They're not purely making up the numbers. I'd much sooner be playing those than Harrogate Hartlepool Barrow Sutton.

You’ve just named 13 lower league sides.
Each & every game against any of them would have a maximum of 3 points available.

Why is losing at Sheffield Wednesday suddenly more enjoyable than losing away at Harrogate?
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 08:42:21 »

You’ve just named 13 lower league sides.
Each & every game against any of them would have a maximum of 3 points available.

Why is losing at Sheffield Wednesday suddenly more enjoyable than losing away at Harrogate?

That's not what i said, far from it.
You said no difference between L1 & L2, yes there is. You may as well say no difference between L2 & National league.
You're right though I did name a load of lower league sides, funny enough they're all League1 or 2. Where would the better experience be ( I'm not talking losing) where would the better experience be? Sheffield or Sutton?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 08:50:43 »

That's not what i said, far from it.
You said no difference between L1 & L2, yes there is. You may as well say no difference between L2 & National league.
You're right though I did name a load of lower league sides, funny enough they're all League1 or 2. Where would the better experience be ( I'm not talking losing) where would the better experience be? Sheffield or Sutton?

The better experience is always the win, regardless of anything else…
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 09:12:44 »

Sadly, that is the reality.

utter bollocks.

firstly in division 4 we have almost always been in the promotion mix. Which is far from making up the numbers

secondly you may have a point in division 3 in so far as you have to go back to the millwall po final for the last time we made an impression. However the bigger clubs in that league  and more importantly  the traveling support they bring truly boosts the coffers.

thirdly from a fan point of view we are stuck in northern hellhole league hell. Division 3 would have a fair few local games which is much better.

so yeah, it makes a difference

I will agree we are limited to division 3 though at the moment. The gap in finances to sustainable championship football is huge. absolutely huge.
More recent than the Millwall match, 2015 we made the play off final albeit I don’t blame you if you have erased that from the memory!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 09:14:01 »

What??

Spot on. Excitement levels would have been through the roof for the majority of fans if we were playing in League 1 this season.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 09:18:21 »

Been there, done that.
Never ever given a flying fuck about crowd, atmosphere, stadium size, size of club.

Only ever bothered by the result on the pitch.
Whether you beat Leeds at Elland Road in front of 32,000 or Harrogate in front of 2,000 it’s still 3 points.

We’ve all been there and done it. Sure we have.
Racking up at grounds like Barrow, Harrogate and Sutton just doesn’t do it for me.

Watching Swindon at more traditional “proper” football places does.
We have a difference in opinion.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 09:28:50 »

We’ve all been there and done it. Sure we have.
Racking up at grounds like Barrow, Harrogate and Sutton just doesn’t do it for me.

Watching Swindon at more traditional “proper” football places does.
We have a difference in opinion.

Guess we do.

I have and always will prioritise result.

I’d much rather see us win at Harrogate than lose at Sheffield Wednesday.

I think the only exception would be another token season in the Premier League. I’d quite happily take the weekly battering just to get there again for the season…but…that would still be the result of winning a lot of games to progress up the leagues, so…an enjoyable ride…
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 09:37:16 »

One game in, and as worrying as it is to get thumped by predicted relegation fodder, we’ve got to hope they can turn it around. Brynn looked at fault for the 3rd - just wasn’t strong enough. Brennan’s misplaced pass for the 2nd looked like a stupid ball to try, and I’ve no idea how we didn’t clear the 1st before it dropped to the striker. Sort them out SL.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 09:57:13 »

I just hope Clem didn’t have all his mates over for an opening day BBQ and pool party.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 10:25:12 »

Just cant accept that Swindon are now playing Harrogate (and losing too) Sutton Stevenage and Barrow on a regular basis.
When a couple of missed penalties last year could have seen us in Division 1 this year. Bad Mood
10K crowds and I am sure we would now have a proven manager and many more higher classed players.
Just hope SL will be a success here 

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 10:37:40 »

Quote from: DiV
The better experience is always the win, regardless of anything else…

I'm with you on the winning.

But I have to be honest, gubbing Leeds in front of 32000 was more fun than gubbing Harrogate last year. For me.

@pierre - oh shit, I did forget about *that* final.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 10:45:18 »

But I have to be honest, gubbing Leeds in front of 32000 was more fun than gubbing Harrogate last year. For me.

…and both those season ended up with us losing in the play offs.
Gubbing Leeds off was ultimately pointless as they went up to Championship (and haven’t been back) and we stayed in L1 the following season and got relegated. Last seasons equivalent was beating Port Vale in the first leg and giving it the big one about attendances…only to lost the second leg and then they went on to win at Wembley.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 10:47:41 »

So am I with the winning.
I'd rather win lose or draw against a side in league 1 infront of 20000 than league 2 and 2000.
If they win was all it was about then I would sooner listen on the radio and save money.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: