Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 ... 233   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2024/25 Edition)  (Read 470705 times)
Freeloader

Ignore
« Reply #3270 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 14:40:22 »

I’d say so, hopefully big enough to win some headers in both boxes

I was being a little sarcastic; 6 ft. 4 in. according to the Adver, 6 ft. 5 in. according to Wikipedia. 

Hopefully, another similar CB on the way. 
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3271 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 14:41:26 »

At least this guy actually appears to be tall in pictures, rather than "his Wiki says he's 6'3 but images suggest otherwise" like Sobowale was!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3272 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 08:12:51 »

So an overnight thought, I think ten of the eleven who'll start on the first day of the season may already be here.

GK Bycroft

DC Delaney
DC Godwin-Malife
DC TBC

WBL Longelo / Kokolo
WBR Sobowale

MC Clarke
MC Ofoborh
MC Khan / McGurk

FW Drinan
FW Glatzel

I wonder if a) I'm talking rubbish and b) whether we've ever had our first eleven - well, ten - sorted earlier?

Doesn't guarantee success of course, but it's a hell of a contrast from last year when we were still *five weeks* from signing anyone on a permanent.

Bench is a bit more suspect - Minturn, Cain, Aguiar, McGregor, Uwakwe, Johnson and whichever of Khan/McGurk and Longelo/Kokolo doesn't start.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #3273 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 08:18:02 »

That 11 above is more than capable of being competitive.

To think we haven't even touched the loans yet. Or got in a 'marquee' signing as such.

Things moving in the right direction.

Trust them to sell Glatzel though and ruin it all.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #3274 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 08:36:09 »

Some signs that lessons might have been learned for sure…

Funnily enough I think the quality of the loans will be a litmus test. I’m hopeful Kennedy may have some decent contacts. If we are fishing in the “L2 surplus store” (although Kemp and Young were clearly bargains from that particular bucket), I’ll be disappointed. Would much rather we got the Prem/Champ stardust youngsters. Better chance of keeping them in Jan too.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3275 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 12:42:07 »

Is Glatzel definitely on board?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3276 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 13:06:28 »

Is Glatzel definitely on board?
Unless we have flogged him, yes

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2024/may/swindon-town-retained--released-list-2023--2024/
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3277 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 14:20:31 »

So an overnight thought, I think ten of the eleven who'll start on the first day of the season may already be here.

GK Bycroft

DC Delaney
DC Godwin-Malife
DC TBC

WBL Longelo / Kokolo
WBR Sobowale

MC Clarke
MC Ofoborh
MC Khan / McGurk

FW Drinan
FW Glatzel

I wonder if a) I'm talking rubbish and b) whether we've ever had our first eleven - well, ten - sorted earlier?

Doesn't guarantee success of course, but it's a hell of a contrast from last year when we were still *five weeks* from signing anyone on a permanent.

Bench is a bit more suspect - Minturn, Cain, Aguiar, McGregor, Uwakwe, Johnson and whichever of Khan/McGurk and Longelo/Kokolo doesn't start.

Said as much the other week…

That’s probably the bulk of our first XI - CB & beefing out the squad is the next bit - with capable first team players.

I’m amazed we haven’t heard more with regards to which u18s have been offered pro deals.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #3278 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 15:15:02 »

I wondered whether Redman Evans would be the second squad goalkeeper? Also will Obodo, Hunt or Ameen be on the bench or in the team for Cup games?
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3279 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 15:24:35 »

Depends on whether we can get them decent loans or not.

Hunt looked decent last season. Like fringes of the first team decent. First XI in the National League decent as opposed to would do a job in a Chippenham XI standard.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3280 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 15:35:28 »

Hunt hasn't had a loan move yet though, he'd probably need to go to Chippenham level for six months and then move up the levels with success (as Aguiar and Twine did)

He's also a first year scholar going into second year, who we don't tend to loan out until the youth team games are done - we're much more likely to be looking to loan out Hart/Brown/McGregor/Dworzak who are first (second in Dworzak's case) year pros.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #3281 on: Saturday, June 22, 2024, 01:43:14 »

Suggest the squad above will help the likes of Minturn Aquiar and other younger players waiting in the wings when they are needed and to progress in the future.
Wonder why didn't Flynn take this opportunity to get better organised last year ?.

DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3282 on: Saturday, June 22, 2024, 06:07:37 »

Hunt hasn't had a loan move yet though, he'd probably need to go to Chippenham level for six months and then move up the levels with success (as Aguiar and Twine did)

He's also a first year scholar going into second year, who we don't tend to loan out until the youth team games are done - we're much more likely to be looking to loan out Hart/Brown/McGregor/Dworzak who are first (second in Dworzak's case) year pros.

I have no clue who’s what year etc in the youth team.

Would be looking to get those you’ve listed out on loan. McGregor similar to Hunt in the fact I thought he did a good job & didn’t look out of place in the league last season - a lowly loan to a Chippenham or Supermarine would be of no benefit imo.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #3283 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2024, 17:24:10 »

Club tweeted a pic from today but swiftly deleted featuring Jaxon Brown.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3284 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2024, 17:26:04 »

What's wrong with that. Hasn't he signed already?
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 ... 233   Go Up
Print
Jump to: