Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 ... 231   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2024/25 Edition)  (Read 457702 times)
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3240 on: Thursday, June 13, 2024, 08:25:43 »

Would have been no harm is keeping Clayton around for pre-season / offering something short term.

….whether he would have been interested or not, who knows….
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #3241 on: Thursday, June 13, 2024, 09:10:13 »

Is Uwakwe good at anything?
Uwakwe has never seen himself as a LWB/LW, he is primarily a left footed AMC and was made to play LWB by Flynn when we were very short on numbers.

He played AMC for England U19s and U20s when playing in a similar role for Chelsea U23s.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3242 on: Thursday, June 13, 2024, 12:30:54 »

Squad depth chart as we stand (assuming the three unannounced youths are staying). Midfield probably good numbers wise, although there are 3-4 there who you imagine we'd move on if there were buyers.

Defence and forwards not so much.

Weak as piss in defense and attack. Also not convinced in Bycroft as number 1. Can see that being an issue further down the line.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3243 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 12:30:59 »

Something I noticed when writing something else - Jake Cain played 24 league games last season (11 starts, 13 subs) and only completed 90 minutes twice, both in April. Bit of a question mark over his fitness, you'd think.

(For completeness, he did play the full 90 vs Arsenal U21 in the BDSM Trophy)
« Last Edit: Friday, June 14, 2024, 12:33:13 by Nemo » Logged
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #3244 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 12:34:54 »

Probably a question mark as to whether he's at the required level as well to be honest.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #3245 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 12:35:57 »

I just don't think he's very good which is worrying considering his competition last term.  He doesn't seem very dynamic to me, great technique in certain areas of his game but never really seems to be involved in much.

That could be down to being 90% an iFollow observer so not seeing the full picture?
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3246 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 12:38:38 »

Tbf, there’s a question mark over the whole substitution and starting XI choices throughout yer man’s spell as interim manager. Something didn’t smell right about it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3247 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 13:23:51 »

I just don't think he's very good which is worrying considering his competition last term.  He doesn't seem very dynamic to me, great technique in certain areas of his game but never really seems to be involved in much.

That could be down to being 90% an iFollow observer so not seeing the full picture?

Not just an ifollow view.

He's ahead of Aguiar though.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #3248 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 13:48:45 »

Not quick enough to play wide.

Not physical enough to play midfield.

He's a #10 for me. But Kemp made sure he couldn't get a sniff there last season.

I wouldn't be against him staying. But he's certainly no more than a backup as things stand.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3249 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 13:49:26 »

Not just an ifollow view.

He's ahead of Aguiar though.

I think the existence of both is difficult - one player of that profile can get more opportunities than two. If we could move on one, I think it would be good for both.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #3250 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 14:01:24 »

So, here we are 2 weeks after the Ollie Clarke deal, which, I'll be honest, was actually quite exciting.

Since then, despite all the ITKers claims and media nods and winks seemingly given out saying he'd be the first of many, it has been seriously average in my opinion. My socks are firmly attached to my feet.

We'd be lucky to be mid table dross as things stand. Huge amount of work to do, yet Morfuni et al seem to be thinking they've delivered already somehow. The bar they set themselves is so low as to be laughable.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3251 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 14:52:01 »

Jake Cains technique is miles ahead of 95% of the the rest of league two, which is why I still think there is a player in there. But that's about it from him really. 

As people have said above, he's a smaller lad and not particularly quick, so he has to play as an AMC or he's going to be pretty anonymous. We've played him as a holding midfield player half the time due to a mix of having Kemp and at times having shorties all over the pitch and someone having to go there. Not good.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3252 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 15:34:45 »

So, here we are 2 weeks after the Ollie Clarke deal, which, I'll be honest, was actually quite exciting.

Since then, despite all the ITKers claims and media nods and winks seemingly given out saying he'd be the first of many, it has been seriously average in my opinion. My socks are firmly attached to my feet.

We'd be lucky to be mid table dross as things stand. Huge amount of work to do, yet Morfuni et al seem to be thinking they've delivered already somehow. The bar they set themselves is so low as to be laughable.

I'm not trying to set expectations, we have been here before, etc. But there is time.

1. Contracts of released players not yet up
2. Out 1st perm signing last year came on 28th July (Kinsella).

Personally I think they'll get a few more experienced bods than last year then revert to normal. Result = mid table = failure.

But it is way too early to be sure.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 14, 2024, 15:46:39 by Batch » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3253 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 15:48:12 »

I think it's reasonable to say that we've had a good start to the summer, but that there's a long way to go yet, and there are underlying things at the club that make me sceptical that we'll stay heading in the right direction.

We're not HMS Piss The League just yet, but we've at least found a lifeboat.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #3254 on: Friday, June 14, 2024, 15:54:13 »

Other than signing Clarke it looks like business as usual under these goons to me.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 ... 231   Go Up
Print
Jump to: