Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 201   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 354222 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1080 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 15:17:17 »

I would presume there is a financial incentive on both sides to have completed the deal.  I imagine we are indeed covering some wage cost - which would seem odd apart from the fact we have an agreement to sign him at the end of the season tied in.  Posh get a wage off the books for an injured player, accepting they lose him in the summer.  We probably get an agreement to sign him nobody else was willing to take and avoid competition in 6 months time.  I do not think he was signed for this season at all - hence the late timing of the deal.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1081 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 15:36:46 »

I would take signing an injured Tomlinson now in lieu of a fully fit version ready for next season.
If that put us in pole position for signing him in January, with a view to a permanent for next season then that's fine.
Dare I say it, might prove to be a very good  bit of business.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1082 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 15:52:15 »

they've said there is a purchase clause.

But another chocolate teapot signing for this season
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1083 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 16:12:49 »

they've said there is a purchase clause.

But another chocolate teapot signing for this season

Maybe the club were thinking ahead.
Possibly an element of fan appeasement involved as well.
I'm tempted to go for panic stations being the deciding factor.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1084 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 16:20:36 »

it doesn't matter either way.

I can see sense in possible opening up buying for the future

I can also be miffed it's no use for the critical part of this season

I think it would have been fine had we not cocked up recruiting a centre back. But we did
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1085 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 17:20:21 »

Couple of nice goals from Harry Parsons for Farnborough last night.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1086 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 23:21:34 »

I'm confused why Tomlinson was brought in, he is injured and by the seems of it judging by todays presser a distance away from full training, then he has to get fit, how many games will he get to play for us ?

Surely you only bring a player in that is for e.g. a week away from fitness, or you do a medical and determine he is a month or so away from fitness rather than take the loaning clubs word for it

You wonder if this was a panic signing with others falling though, I hope we are not paying his wages while he is injured.

I'd like to hear Sandro's take on it.

Purely done to appease fanboys.
Doncaster literally turned down a loan move for him because he was injured and wouldn’t be fit in time to make it a useful signing.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1087 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 09:19:36 »

It only makes any sense if he’s agreed to sign next season, otherwise it’s a complete waste of a wage
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1088 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 09:34:54 »

It only makes any sense if he’s agreed to sign next season, otherwise it’s a complete waste of a wage

Logically it has to be this, you would have to think the club is thinking long term and getting this deal over the line now with that aim. My only concern would be if by doing that we've had to 'surrender' another deal/other deals for this season. I have absolutely no idea if that's the case, but it sounds like Tomlinson is only likely to figure for say the last 10-12 games of the season which is disappointing for this season, but fantastic for next.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1089 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 11:30:29 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23327619.austin-williams-among-swindon-town-players-expiring-contracts/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1090 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 11:34:12 »

Not really any new information there apart from the option on McEachran, was hoping when I saw the article that they might know the Lavinier contract length! They seem to have forgotten that the players out on loan exist too!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #1091 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 11:57:50 »

Not really any new information there apart from the option on McEachran, was hoping when I saw the article that they might know the Lavinier contract length! They seem to have forgotten that the players out on loan exist too!

Loanees are people too.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1092 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 13:17:06 »

He hasnt listed Morgan Roberts on that article. I think he has another year
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1093 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 13:41:50 »

So, bit early but lots of talk of overhauls in summer. Here's who is out of contract and under contract:

Out of Contract Summer 23
Brynn (Loan), Baudry (Retiring), Harries, Minturn, Lavinier (we think), Brennan (Loan), Tomlinson (Loan), McEachran, Williams, Kadji (Loan), Austin, Massey, Jephcott (Loan), RHM, Parsons, Dabre, Cowmeadow, Brann (possibly)

2024 or Beyond
Hutton, Clayton, Devine, FBT, Iandolo, Darcy, Cain (25), Aguiar (25), Khan, Adeloye, Wakeling (26), Shade, Roberts (we think)

A few people on the wrong lists there, but there is a core of the spine of the team contracted beyond this summer at least.

One page back is my (more complete!) version
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1094 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 17:00:33 »

TEF sprog Tom Wynn-Davis loaned to North Leigh (Southern League Premier South) for the rest of the season.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/february/academy-prospect-tom-wynn-davies-heads-out-on-loan/?fbclid=IwAR1juJpAVuPq_HXT0Hlf6MESRl_X2x6ytyCVg_rnApsmD-Z6LU1nhigeWOE
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 201   Go Up
Print
Jump to: